Gunboards Forums banner

Walmart ammo restock question?

19K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Devil Dog 
#1 ·
I'll ask the local clerk myself when I am there next, but does anyone know how often Walmart re-stocks on ammunition? Locally they have had hardly any ammunition on the shelves, and this has been the case since early December.

#2 ·
If they have it in the warehouse it would be on the shelf. WalMART HAS DESIGNATED AMOUNTS OF AMMO SET UP TO BE DELIVERED BY THE MANUFACTUERS AT A SET TIME. With thehoarding that happened they have sold through most of there ammo supplies. Once they reach there next delivery time frame you will see more ammo. Only question is at what price!

#3 ·
the one we frequent has been very low on brass since Oct/Nov...plenty of shotgun shells though - when I have asked, the clerks simply do not know why...just haven't found the right one in the know.

Cabela's and Bass Pro also have had much lower inventory brass inventory levels as well...

#6 ·
Walmart

We had a small Walmart for years that stocked a range of hunting and fishing supplies then they built a super Walmart and closed the small one.
They stock very little ammo and muzzleloaders only and very little fishing supplies. When I asked why, they said they didn't know.
We are located between 3 lakes, 2 rivers and prime hunting area.
What's up?

#8 ·
Innoculate Yourselves

I was told "value packs" were a temporary thing by a WallyWorld woman who implied she ran sporting goods. Been a coupla years that I know of...

WallyWorld gets pressure from anti-gun politicos. Here, K-Mart, back in the day, was only allowed to build and open when they agreed not to put in arms and ammo.

As for "a shot in the arm," how much are they, and you, plowing back in to the cause? Spend hundreds on a case of ammo, maybe, but not make a minimum contribution to the NRA/ILA? Reconsider, especially if you still have a decent job.

Vigilence

Alden

#9 ·
There was a printed email on the counter of one of my local wallyworlds, got a pic of it on my cell phone, but I'm not cell phone literate enough to get it to a PC from there. It said unprecedended demand (Duh!) caused the shortages, and they expected stock to improve each month.

Local clerks say ammo is received frequently in small amounts, but is purchased in the a.m. in bulk manner by hoarders, resellers, whomever. So if wallyworld is your ammo source, go early, go daily.

A pawn shop clerk told me he had first hand info from the local wallyworld sporting goods clerk that wallyworld was sitting on a warehouse full of ammo, just waiting for the price to go up. R-i-g-h-t-!-!-!

SlimTim

#10 ·
As for "a shot in the arm," how much are they, and you, plowing back in to the cause? Spend hundreds on a case of ammo, maybe, but not make a minimum contribution to the NRA/ILA? Reconsider, especially if you still have a decent job.

Vigilence

Alden

Well, I stopped buying ammo. I have a stash, but that's it! I don't go to the range as much. I find it hard to shoot 1/2 dollars out of my weapons and the crazy thing is, Obama hasn't done anything yet.

#12 ·
I don't go to Wally World a lot but I decided to see what their ammo situation was for myself. Their shelves were absolutely packed full of ammo. I have never seen that much ammo there before. There certainly is no shortage at our Wally World. I picked up a couple of the Federal 550's because the price was still $13.47 but I could have purchased 20 of them if I had been so inclined. I'm sure that prices on centerfire ammo has gone up considerably but supply is apparently no concern around here....

#14 ·
I stopped by my Wal-Mart for goods and checked out the ammo counter. It was full of 9mm, 45 auto and .38 Special, first time in months. Same price.The chick who works the counter and who seems to get wet talking about ammo said they received an email stating the the shipments of ammo would be constant now.

I didn't have the money yet I still managed to walk out with 10 boxes of Blazer 9mm.

#18 ·
I hit two Walmarts today. No 22, 9mm or 40s&w. Both stores had one box each of 100 rd. 45acp WWB value pak, and WWB 7.62x39. Slim pickings for sure.

#19 ·
Probably an urban legend, but a post on the Collectors' Forum suggested that Walmart have recently got a new inventory and ordering system that is giving them fits. Having been on the wrong end of a couple of custom software projects, I can believe it.

#20 ·
Box-Mart is an "also ran" in this...

As well as customers gave up asking and Box-Mart Regional Managers and phones stopped working too!

Nah, I'm not buying it, and neither can anyone else because Box-Marts simply can't get it! lol They are too arrogant to do anything but dictate the price quarters in advance. I've dealt with them for years. They don't understand, can't deal with, this supply/demand anomaly especially because they don't control 10% of the market in it. They largely buy from China who makes money on them and force American companies to sell at cost. Even if they COULD get out of their own way, due to competition ammo could only be pennies cheaper due to thier efficient distribution system, but not many...

Alden

#21 ·
My walmart seems to have no problem keeping the shelves stocked here. They were out of the Federal 550 pack of .22 lr that the kids and I plink with a few weeks ago, so I bought some Winchester instead. The next week they had about 20 Federal 550 packs on the shelf. The clerk commented on how the Remington "golden bullet" .22 lr 550 packs were not selling compared to the other brands. I told him it was simple. To most of us .22 ammo is all the same (as long as it works in your rifle/pistol that is) for casual plinking or target shooting, so why pay $3.00 more for the Remington stuff... There was a run on .223 around here a few months ago, even as the prices kept ticking up to almost $10.00 a box. That seemed to be the price point that stopped the buying. They never ran out for long, as more arrived every week or two. Now they have added the Federal 100 rd value pack at a lower per-round price than the Remington they have always stocked.

D.D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.