Thread: Need large ring Mauser Mil-step barrel, 308,or 30-06,or 7x57mm

Default Need large ring Mauser Mil-step barrel, 308,or 30-06,or 7x57mm

My Vz24 (7x57mm) with a 23.5 inch barrel..is totally shot out...
    I need another to make this old gal shoot again...

Lothar Walthar makes new barrels in original military contours. They list the Mauser 98 contour but I'm not sure if it's the exact same as that of a Vz24.
    http://www.lothar-walther.com/273.php

Sorry for bringing up the old thread.

Default cole distributing had Norwegian 308 barrels

a year ago or so. I think they might have changed their name and are still be a sponsor. I am in the same position, and have a barrel, and haven't found a gunsmith here in Kenai who can get the job done before I die of old age or am eligible for Social Security.
    springfiled sporters has/had a Chilean trigger guard and follower converted to feed 7.62x51.
    regards
    gil
    kasilof

Default 98 Mauser barrel

I may have something for your consideration. A new .30-06 caliber barrel made by or for the Norwegian military in the 1950's to rework their captured stocks of German 98k's. These were completely finished and chambered with a nicely blued exterior and a small crown proofmark. No sights as they intended to re-use the old ones. This is my last one. Another that was installed on my nephew's 98/09 went on without problems. Accuracy was as good as any commercial barrel. There seem to be some reasonably priced used 8x57s' on Gunbroker, but no .30-06 or 7x57. At 64, I doubt I'm going to need this one. $120, inc shipping postpaid from NM.