Gunboards Forums banner

Accumount's PE scope

5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  metalhead0483 
#1 ·
Who has experience with Accumount's PE scope? I sent email to them to ask how/who manufactured it but haven't received a reply as of yet.

I have one of the PU/M91 repro rifles sold by a few sites on the internet and the PU scope it came with had a sheet or two of Russia with a s# on it so for what that is worth I at least have something (even though I haven't a clue as to what it says/means!).

I want to make a side mount similar to the PEM style.

Another option is getting the Kalinka side mount that they say is for a M91 and their scope combo. The write-up on the scope looks real nice. It looks a tad too modern for my likes but I am still considering it.

Troyaero

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I am a confirmed Mosin crazzy. I don't know why. Maybe it is because there are so many variants and they are not expensive for the most part. At least there is a lot of common variants. I guess I have probably 25 of them now. Ya,,, how'd that happen is beyond my reasoning. I just can't stop buying them. I need a shrink or something. I have quite a few Mausers, an Enfield too but those Mosins keep multiplying like rabbits.

I would like to own a real Mosin sniper but the price is not one I can swallow.

My PU clone is quite nice for me at this stage of my collecting hobby.

I wanted to make a repro side mount with PEM "like" looks and that is why I asked about the repro clone scope. I know the PE is not the PEM in looks.

To that end there is no side mount for the Mosin, just a top mount for either the hex or round from Accumounts.

I looked at the Kalinka mounts and they have a side mount although not in appearance to the PEM mount but smaller. It holds a 1" tube. Kalinka has a scope to pair up with the mount but as I commented before it is a bit modern looking. Doesn't have the squared off lines, if you will, as the PEM. The PE scope from Accumounts would not fit directly into the Kalinka mount but I could make a sleeve to fit. I am a machinist so that should not be a problem.

That is where I was asking for comments on the Accumount PE scope. The comments on the Kalinka site regarding their scope is quite impressive in my eye, being quality Russia made and all.

Well I'll sleep on it for a while. I have another hex receiver M91 in the mail and it will be my base for the side mount Mosin Sniper.

I'll post a few Pix after it is done whichever version of scope it winds up holding.

Troyaero

#4 ·
I got the PU scope and mount from Accumont which I put on a M39 that I had which was a mismatch. While the scope doesn't mount like pictures I have seen of the originals it still looks good and functions. No instructions with the scope as to adjustments but from what I have found it adjusts like modern scopes. To be honest I am really pleased with the results, so much so I ordered another setup to put on a 91/30. The scope itself looks like the original with a clear view. Once I got it somewhat dialed in I was shooting 2" groups at 75 yrds. With time and practice it will get better. I find the PE is a lot easier for me to shoot accurately than the PU I got from Classic.

Johnny at Accumount has great service with fast shipping so I would recommend him to any one interested in putting a PE Clone together.

I know there are no pictures but I have yet been able to get any to post in the past. I'll admit I am challenged that way. Plus I am using an old computer and dial up so it works the way I feel in the mornings, cranky and slow.

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments on the Accumount scope.

John, your PE looks really great.

I suspect what I will do is get the PE from Accumount and then get the side mount from Kalinka. The PE is according to the info a 27MM tube. The Kalika has 1" rings. 27MM is just a tad (.063) larger than 1". I'll need to open up the Kalinka mount by that much if there is enough metal to do so. I have a mill that I can do that work on.

The side scope mount should look pretty good but not anywhere's original. The original PEM mount dimensions are larger as I can tell by pictures. I'll have to guesstimate them and then some weekend try to see what I can come up with at work on our CNC. The machine is new, I am new at using it, should be an interesting project.

I'll post some pix with what I learn on the Kalinka mount.

Troyaero

#7 ·
Thanks for posting the pictures, John and "acirema."

I recently got a 44 VKT M39 from Pat Burns. The rifle is obviously a pieced together job and has no real historic value. I like the idea of making it into a repro Finn sniper and am very interested in the Accumounts PE kit.

Where did you fellows get your turned down bolts - from the "Boltman?"

My other "sniper" is an M1A with an Art IV.

#8 ·
Another +1 for Accumounts.

I have the same PE top mount setup that will finally be mounted on my SOV clone, this weekend. I hope to put up a range report next week. So far, the scope and mount appear to be excellent and I've been most impressed with Johnny's customer service. I just ordered some other things from him and, in addition to being friendly and fast, he went way above and beyond the call of duty to help me out.

#9 ·
I sent email to Kalinka to ask regarding the side mount that they have listed for the "Mosin" rifle. The mount is suppose to fit others also. So far I have back a response that looks like it was sent/forwarded to another person asking if my question regarding the use of the Mosin side mount was applicable to an M91 hex.

I don't think the scope mount itself will be the issue as much as whether or not the side plate will match up properly to the hex receiver. From the pictures on the website it looks to me it will work.

We are slow at the moment at work so I grabbed a piece of scrap metal from the bin and began lying out a mount. I based the deminsions on rough guesstimations that I made using pictures that I have of the side mount and PEM scope that I found on another forum.

It can be done, making one look like the PEM side mount, just will take time.

aviator

#12 ·
I sent one of my spare bolt bodies to "Jim the boltman " and had him put the last 4 of my sn. on the knob. I used a '42 B barrel as it was not a wartime historical piece. The iron sights are useable but after I zeroed the scope @ 100 I probably won't go back there again. Jim totally ROCKS and John is Excellent and I cannot thank the both of them enough for Quality and Service!

#13 ·
PE. SCOPE from ACCUMOUNT

Hello!
+ 1 from FRANCE, for ACCUMOUNTS
I try to send some Pics of my M.N. 91/30 which was made in 1933
the replica scope matches well with the rifle.
The team is cheap, accurate, and very reliable. Of course, the rifle is not so
"smart" as a pre1917 item, but it shoots well. so... what else?

#15 ·
Accumount

Thanks for the info in this thread. I've been looking at putting together a PE M-39 Sniper for some time. I have the VKT rifle from 1944, but with post war stock.
Who can put the four digit serial number on the bolt knob? Can your gunsmith do it? I understand that Accumount will also put your rifle serial number on the scope.
Anyway, time to spend some money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.