Default 9mm plastic and 7.62x39 blank

I got some training & blank ammo from CAI. I probably will try them later this month. If you have used them before, please share your experience.

Description from CAI: “7.62x39mm Blank. 80's mfg, Serbia mfr. 4 star crimp, brass case”
    It’s actually steel case.

7.62x39mm Blank Plastic, Finaland mfr
    It’s only $0.04 per round.

9x19 Plastic Training from Geco. German mfr., non-corrosive

I have fired a lot of the 9mm training ammo. Will BLOW UP a full soda can @ 10yards...good for low recoil introduction to handguns for your younger or new shooters. Quite accurate at close range and DEADLY too, not a 'toy bullet'. Will not cycle semi auto handguns of course..but still fun.

would the finland 7.62x39 plastic blank be safe to fire in an AK with a BFA attached? or does a majority of the plastic tip shoot down the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by bch7773 View Post
    would the finland 7.62x39 plastic blank be safe to fire in an AK with a BFA attached? or does a majority of the plastic tip shoot down the barrel?

The plastic BLANK bullet opens like a banana peel and is not designed to go down the bore..... I think the Finnish blank adapter may be a bit different than the ComBloc type, but I don't know if it is anything special as a result of the plastic Finn blank vs. the Commie crimped blank.

Some of our Finnish members should know for sure..

Ha! That plastic blank used to be a $20.00 collector's item....

D.D.

The blank appears to be the "Standard" Plastic Blank....... see the 7.5 French Plastic Blank.....below

ammolab is correct...."The plastic BLANK bullet opens like a banana peel and is not designed to go down the bore"

The Current Finnish Rifle the M92......has a FAL type Muzzle Brake......and would use the FAL type BFA /Blank Firing Attachment......and these Plastic Blanks

I would assume that the Finnish Plastic blank would cycle most all AK's if the standard screw-on type AK BFA was used.....

The older Finnish Valmet Rifles used this type of BFA....see below......
    This BFA works on the same principle as the Swedish Ljungman BFA and wooden tip blanks....
    Wooden tip incenerated upon firing...
    the early Finnish Blanks had wooden tips

Buddy

Last edited by Buddy; 02-19-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Remembered the White 7.5 French Blank

The picture is right there in the original post. Yellow plastic "duck bill" blank with pot-metal or zinc alloy head. As I recall, this is a design by a company called "Plamil". Wonder why it is in a SAKO box? Maybe SAKO produced these under license? What is the headstamp on the round in the pic? Usually they are not headstamped.

Buddy, I disagree that the wood bullet "incenerates" when fired. In my experience, the wood bullet fragments into slivers as it leaves the muzzle, even without the proper BFA.

D.D.
    Last edited by Devil Dog; 02-19-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Buddy, I disagree that the wood bullet "incenerates" when fired. In my experience, the wood bullet fragments into slivers as it leaves the muzzle, even without the proper BFA.

Perhaps "incenerate" is the wrong word....pulverized perhaps.....hence the Guard over the older Valmet BFA.
    The BFA restricts the pressure.....in order to "work the action".....
    The pressure pretty much ....Incenerates.....Pulverizes.....Slivers.....the wooden bullet
    The Swedish AG42B BFA has an "Inceneration Chamber"

Default Sako blanks

The Sako blanks are not head stamped.

Default Grenade Launching?

Are any of these blanks intended for grenade firing?

I bought one of those BLOOM golf ball launchers for my Yugo SKS,

....and the Russian blanks that i bought with it were very inconsistent.
    Now I load my own using a rolled paper bullet so that they will guide into the chamber.

Had it out on a golf course last fall and was "driving" them out to 200 yards.

Got a few odd looks from Golfers when I drove up in the golf cart with my Yugo stuck in a golf bag in the back, slung it over my shoulder and proceeded to line up at the tee.
    But after I let a few of them try it out, they found it to be quite the hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jaque View Post
    Got a few odd looks from Golfers when I drove up in the golf cart with my Yugo stuck in a golf bag in the back, slung it over my shoulder and proceeded to line up at the tee.

that would be pretty funny.

but if i had been you, i would have been more worried they would call the cops

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jaque View Post

I bought one of those BLOOM golf ball launchers for my Yugo SKS,
    Now I load my own using a rolled paper bullet so that they will guide into the chamber.

Had it out on a golf course last fall and was "driving" them out to 200 yards.

Ayuh!

If only I were into the shooting sports when I was stationed at Loring AFB...we could share a tee time perhaps!

You're the first guy that I've come across using Dupont Bulk. Do you have any load data for that stuff? I have a few cans that I've been experimenting with, too. (Mostly light .45ACP and .38 Special loads)

I couldn't get any first hand shooter info on the wooden Lapua blanks, so I bought some and did my own work. The hollw-based, hollow bodied projectile weighs about 3.7 grains and has about 1/2 a casefull of (??) powder charge. The balsa (??) wood projectile is about .285" diameter and disintegrates upon firing (stock Yugo SKS). I couldn't mar a newspaper 10' from the muzzle nor could I find much trace at all of the splinter residue. They do not cycle my SKS, but they make a full report...BANG!