Gunboards Forums banner

Value of Winchester Boy Scouts Commemorative 22cal?

25K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Fushigi Ojisan 
#1 ·
I bought a Winchester Boy Scouts of America 22 cal commemorative about 20 years ago, for about $450. It's been in my safe all these years and has never been fired. It's cherry and I still have the box in the attic. I'm thinking about selling it and wonder what I should get for it. Thanks for any replies.

#2 ·
If it is the Boy Scout it will be higher then most of the commemoratives Winchester made. Rarely seen for sale so not up on recent prices. I got one several years ago at auction and missed the Eagle Scout with matching number. Now if it is an Eagle Scout, I have seen them selling for 5-6K.

#4 ·
Unfortunatly, it's the "Boy Scouts" and not the "Eagle Scout". Still a nice looking gun. Not a single scratch. It's engraved pewter instead of the gold, or whatever the Eagle has. I bought it to give to my son, who was born in 1986. He became Mr. Liberal and of course, anti-gun, so, his loss .. my gain. Funny how it's OK to blow the crap out of people in their video games but not go target practicing. But hey, go to school, get force fed liberalism and that's part of the package, I guess.

#7 ·
Fjestad gives 15K Boy Scout Commemorative, 1000 Eagle Scout. The 2002 (23rd ed) Blue book I have handy says a 100% Boy Scout out to bring $595, an Eagle Scout $3K. Things have gone up since then, but I'd say the one Gun Broker brought top dollar and i don't know that I'd expect that. I tried to get Dad to buy my nephew an Eagle Scout model (we could ahve gotten one) when Eric got his Eagle, but my sister (who, unlike me, doesn't want guns around) pretty well said "No way" and it didn't happen. Pity that, as it would have been a nice investment (unlike most Winchester or other modern commemoratives).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.