Default Spare Parts for SKS

First - This is a GREAT forum! Far more helpful feedback/response than on other forums, even here on Gunboard. Another reason to be glad I got an SKS.

Now - What parts are most likely to wear-out or break on Norinco SKS? I want to put aside some spare parts now while I can - but don't want to have to buy enough parts to build a new gun. I figure a firing pin, but what about a recoil spring/guides, gas piston/spring, trigger parts? What small parts should I stock up on?
    "Deputy Dan es mi amigo." Deputy Dan has no friends.

The SKS is a very rugged rifle and is not prone to parts breakage or wear. There are literally hundreds of thousands of these rifles in the USA. Any part you need will be available for your lifetime. Buy ammo, stripper clips and a cleaning kit and you are all set.., IMHO.

I have seen several extractors break and a sear or two wear out over my life time of shooting SKS's (25 years or so).
    When your smiling the whole world smiles with you

Default sks parts

Hammers are virtually unavailable as are safety levers, safety springs. The strange metric sized pins are scarce as well. Trigger bars are hard to find as well.

A good "hint" is to go the Numrich website and see how many asterisks "*" meaning unavailable are listed for the parts.

Now, perhaps a bunch of rifles will get to be "parted out", but as of now there is a scarcity of the above.
    kivaari

over 2500 quality SKS trigger tunes

"I can't advertise in my signature"

NRA Endowment Member
    Texas State Rifle Assoc Life Member
    Harley-Davidson...my kinda' motorcycle

All the parts here at Omega and Polytech including ambi safety ... No worry on parts.

http://www.omega-weapons-systems.com/SKS/

http://stores.polytechparts.com/-str...Categories.bok
    Last edited by AKBLUE; 03-13-2009 at 01:08 AM.