Gunboards Forums banner

Finn jam free magazine question

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  RichardC1967 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have a chance to buy a Finn jam free mag(stripped, unmarked I think) from an online source for about $30.00, before I commit myself, I just want to know how rare/hard to find are these..is it a "must have" item for my mosin..are they universal?..(will they fit on ALL models)..is the asking price a bit high?...what improvements will I see over the regular magazine? I'm just trying to see if its a good buy overall or will my original mag be fine..

Thanks for your help

#2 ·
I got one off ebay a week ago for $15, but I had been shopping around and most I saw were around $30. I'd say if you are having problems with your original mag. then upgrade, otherwise don't fix it if it's not broken. I had to replace a Finn jam-free mag. on my M39 because of feeding issues (the follower group was binding on the front pin in the mag.), only problem I have ever experienced with either style mag. If you're trying to upgrade, I think you would be better off spending the money on a Finn M39 trigger instead, they are alot nicer than a regular trigger, but just my opinion.

#5 ·
Haha, no sir, the one I bought was a "buy it now" at $15 ;).

I believe the Finn's aso used a lighter sear spring (please correct me if I am wrong experts), so that would be ideal when "upgrading" the trigger, or you can use your original sear spring. I have not used a sear shim or trigger return spring on any of my mosin's so I can't say how well they work. I'm fairly new to these forums, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I bet you might have more responses about these types of Mosin upgrades in the workbench forum, most collector's like their rifles how they got them :), but I understand the desire to improve a shooter.

Good luck with your project!

By the way, what rifle are you working on and do you have any pics? Threads are always better with pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.