Gunboards Forums banner

Aftermarket TT-33 Tokarev grips??

84K views 90 replies 45 participants last post by  DrDKW 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's an source for an after-market grips for TT-33 Tokarev pistols?

I know I can get the original military grips from ebay or gunbroker.com.
But I haven't seen any aftermarket grips that are wood or rubber or plastic---.

Search the web, and you can find many sources for the aftermarket wood grips for CZ-52, Makarov, P-64, PA-63---. I even saw one that makes a great looking set of wood grips for M1895 Nagant!!!

But no one makes grips for Tokarev???

Does anyone know?

Thanks guys!!!

PS: I think this is my first posting here, after lurking around and getting good,valuable info for a loooong time... :)

#3 ·
I hope it won't be too long before someone realizes there's a market. I've also seen the originals for sale and reproductions.

I'd love to get a nice set of wood grips some time without paying collector prices for the original WW2 ones. They look easy enuff to make your own if it wasn't for the latching mechanism.

#4 ·
Exactly!!!
I'd love to get a set of wood grips to dress up my Romanian Tokarev and preserve the original (and somewhat brittle) grips.

But that metal latching mechanism might be what's stopping people from making those grips.

I've been thinking of getting a Chinese wrap-around Tokarev grips for my Romanian.
But $40 for a set of old Chinese plastic grip seems little too much. So I haven't decided whether to get it or not. But that wrap-around grip sure does look comfortable to hold...

#5 ·
There is a guy in Hungary that makes wood grips for a bunch of different guns. he has made a set for my Polish P64 and several Makarovs. He is really good. I bet that if you were to contact him, send him a set of TT grips to use as a "mold" he could start to produce them. Mine cost $35 plus $5 shipping from Budapest to AZ. Here is his site, his name is Dennis Marschal.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/

#10 ·
tokarev tt-33

Hello there are no aftermarket grips outhere but the guy from hungary who makes different style grips is willing to make them for the tokarev tt-33. I just mailed him a set of grips. He will used them to make aftermarket grips for the Tokarev. Hopefully in 2 to 3 month :)

#13 · (Edited)
i had a friend of mine who makes 1911 grips make me this set for my Tokarev.

the latch on the back was going to be a PITA and would have required drilling a hole and putting in a rivet - so he just made them press into the frame tightly - i will put a couple drops of 3M super weatherstrip adhesive just to make sure they stay put.

i don't really like the Jacaranda wood he used so i ordered a piece of black and gray laminated birch and im going to have him make me a set from that

#14 · (Edited)
Volksjäger; very nice looking grips!

Do they have the necessary "shelf" on the back to hold the trigger stirrup? If not, you may suffer a sear/trigger malfunction if the stirrup drops out of alignment with the sear.

#18 ·
tokarev aftermarket grips coming soon

Hello I just got some pictures from a friend who is working on aftermarket grips here are some pictures of what is on the works. the only thing is you are going to have to be able to hold with finger one side of grip to get the screw in the clip other than that there going to look nice.

grips are being made by dennis marschal

#19 ·
adan70, Thanks for the update and pictures. Interesting way to install the grips :) I'm sure I'll be in for at least one set made from some exotic wood with lots of character.

Hello I just got some pictures from a friend who is working on aftermarket grips here are some pictures of what is on the works. the only thing is you are going to have to be able to hold with finger one side of grip to get the screw in the clip other than that there going to look nice.

grips are being made by dennis marschal

#23 ·
XJ, that does look like a nice setup, I'd like a set of those.

Here is a pic of some wood grips I just made, to copy the ww2 wood grips I've seen pictures of. I threaded the cross bars and used a screw in place of the rivet. I peened the threads, so they stay snug and still operate in the normal way. (I've kept the originals, of course.)

#27 ·
I forget which thread it was in, but there's a guy on here who put grips, a muzzlebreak, modern trigger, and mag extender on his. Might be able to contact him if other things don't fit your liking. I don't have a clue if he bought them or made them. I'll try to find the thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.