Gunboards Forums banner

PW Arms?

39K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  cemorse 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago I was in the Glendale AZ Cabela's doing some browsing. Surprisingly, they had 12-15 M91/30's on the used gun racks. They were $99 each (on sale from $150), which isn't an outstanding price for an M91/30, but is probably pretty good for Cabela's.

I ended up buying a beautiful 1944-dated model, which was all-stamped matching (to include the bayonet), with an excellent + bore (actually not far from mint).

All the others I would rate as quite outstanding for a refurb. The importer is marked as "PW Arms - Redmond WA". First I've heard of this outfit. Are they relatively new?

#6 ·
Can anyone comment on what the size of the import stamp is? Is it a billboard like some others? or nice and discreet like Century's used to be? There just seems to be a lot of importers bringing in 91/30's. There's lots to choose from and it's keeps the prices down. I can't wait for my next purchase. JAR

#10 ·
All this time I thought they were in woodinville. Might be because I stopped by a shop there about 10 years ago that was chock full of PW arms imports. Or is Redmond right beside woodinville? That whole area around 405/522 can get a little confusing. y'all have a good day, Keith

#11 ·
Woodinville is a few miles north of Bothell and a few more miles south of Monroe. Redmond is on the east side of Lake Washington, right next to Bellevue.

Woodinville and Redmond are somewhat close to each other. I thought I had heard that PW was also in Woodinville. I wonder if they started out there and ended up moving to a better/bigger location or something.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

#13 ·
I have a 1941 Izhevsk M91/30 with the PW import stamp. It is on the right side of the barrel between the front sight and the nose cap in 1/16" letters "PW REDMD WA". There are no other importer marks that I can see. I haven't taken the rifle apart. It's a typical re-furb in a laminated stock. I got it 5 years ago. I think this is an earlier import as it doesn't have the serial number on the receiver just the original on the barrel shank.
Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.