Gunboards Forums banner

Maadi ak47 price check

24K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AlamoScout 
#1 ·
A local dealer is asking $495 for a MAADI AK-47 with thumbhole stock. No bayonet lug and thus no bayonet. Nice condition. Years ago, Peter Kokalis wrote that the Egyptians built these rifles on Russian tooling and they were the best clone of a Russian AK-47. I would appreciate if people would weigh in on this opinion regarding MAADI quality and the price, which seems cheap to me. Thanks.

#2 ·
Well the Maadi is a very nice weapon for sure!..but there where a number of different models---from full-blown AK47 to the misr fully bobbed' AK47 with a single stack 10 round magazine.

If it's a 30 round (double stack magazine) in good shape I would say the $500 mark is pretty darn fair....I have seen some go close to $650 on a regular basis...The quality as far as I am concern is pretty darn nice--normally the finish has a little left to be desired, but the gun itself is first rate.

Here is a really good site for you to figure out which model you have--obviously the Steyr labeled guns are considered a premium gun bringing $650-$700 plus!

http://home.comcast.net/~jfreeman16/page_4.htm

I stole mine for $250, MISR-10 configuration...I added the parts count and opened it up for a double stack magazine...Total invested $360.00 ready to go...Actually I like the Maadi thumb hole stock better then my straight stock guns for sure--it fit's really nicely.

I'll post a couple of pictures...

BAF

#7 ·
actually opening it up helps the value currently in these times---maybe in 10-15 years someone may see it as a modification and devalue the weapon--but I doubt it...

$495.00 for a misr-10 is kinda retail ++ a little--but it's still hard to find any ak47 for under $500 today.

It's really simple to open the mag well up for 30 rounders, took me 10 minutes with a die-grinder.

You know my MISR-10 above that I have $360 into total I would not sell it for $650 for nothing---basically it took me $110.00 for all the parts plus the tap for the muzzle and about 60 minutes of work. Now I feel I have a high quality AK47 that shoots very nicely.

BAF

#8 ·
Auctions do not support your estimate of $350, maybe local sales but not national sales...the last one that sold was a double stack misr-10 for $450.00...

So a nice Maadi MISR-10 for $495.00 is like I said a little on the plus side of retail but very reasonable.

Heck when a basic "G" parts kit is almost reaching the $400 mark, a complete MISR for $495 is a good buy in my mind for sure.

I would also entertain any offers to buy MISR-10's for $350!...please forward the information to me--I'll buy them! Not trying to beat anyone up on there opinion, but I'll buy what your seeing for $350==there just not out there in todays world.

BAF

#9 · (Edited)
Its a good clone of a Russian AKM not the AK47, also in current state its not a good clone. For many reasons, just a few being the stock,handguards,lug and other things.

As far as Maadis they are a hit and miss depending on type or when they were made.
I would ask for 450, your not going to really get screwed over any way and you might come out on top of the deal.

Check for cant,rust and bore condition.

#10 ·
MAADI was a MISR-10 that appeared neatly-opened for 30 round mag. Price was actually $465 and it did not sell in two days. Now I wished I had tried in a few magazines and offered $400. I did have a late second day sale and decided to take the money home. Local Detroit show-long guns of all types including SKS, AK and black rifles were not selling very well. Small concealed carry handguns are super hot right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.