Gunboards Forums banner

SVT 40 Tools

10K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  trainsktg 
#1 ·
Where can I get an SVT 40 gas adjustment tool and sight adjustment tool?

#5 ·
Thanks, all, for the blackrivergunsmithing lead.

I use the AK/SKS sight tool that AIM Surplus sells on my SVT40 to adjust the height of the post.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=FMSAT&groupid=71
I have an AK/SKS sight tool that looks pretty much like the one in the AIM photo. The horizontal adjustment works fine but the vertical adjustment part is too big in diameter to fit. That gave me the idea to check my Romainan AK cleaning kit; it did not fit either. Then I tried my Romanian PSL cleaning kit and, although it looks the same as the Romanian AK part, it works for the vertical adjustment on the SVT. I will get the gas adjustment tool from blackriver.

#9 ·
It has been a long time sinceI looked at my SVT Tools......If I remember correctly....the original SVT Sight Tool also fits the stock crosspin.......so.... any Tool that fits the front sight post.....fits the stock crosspin.

Buddy

#11 ·
Check under accessories here thought I read it correctly (3/4/ way down). I think the sight adj tool would work better as Buddy has pointed out...............mine is also recessed fairly deep thats why I cut the tip off an old screwdriver and notched it works like the sight adj tool in a pinch..........

http://www.mosinnagant.net/ussr/svt401.asp

Regards
Art

#12 ·
It says "Each kit consisted of a takedown tool that disassembled the muzzle brake, adjusted the gas regulator, aided in cross-bolt removal from the stock and acted as a firing pin protrusion guide. It also was used as a wrench to remove the gas piston for cleaning. The front sight tool was shaped like a "T" and also was used for cross bolt removal." Someone will have to explain to me how the takedown tool aided in cross bolt removal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.