Gunboards Forums banner

Share the Maks!-post your Best Mak Pictures Here!

96K views 223 replies 127 participants last post by  CrazyIrish 
#1 · (Edited)
First off..

A 1978 Bulgarian Limited Production Run MAkarov... Finish is 60-70% But mechanically perfect.

See less See more
#91 ·
Now I remember why I liked this place so much.. Haven't been around for a while, life happens at the strangest of times.. Here are my Soviet military w/o import stamp, a Casco import Model 59, 1966 E. German, and a PW Arms Bulgy with the smallest of import stamps.

Nice to see so many Makarov lovers in one room. :)

Attachments

#94 ·
It is dated 1966, yes. I actually have two other Maks, but they don't look like much so one stays in my truck and one rides my hip once in a while. It's got tons of holster wear and I find that I'm starting to like look. It looks like a veteran.. ;)

#98 ·
Newb to the Mak community here. Picked these up on GB last week for under $500 between the two.

IJ70-17A

and this one which I am assuming to be an IJ70-18AS. It has the satin chrome finish is marked 9x18

Can anyone help me identify it? The "types of makarov's" thread mentions an -18AS but I haven't been able to find any information on the satin chromed/nikel plated finish on a 9x18. I've only found info on the -17AS in .380. It was imported by Big Bear Arms, Dallas TX. Any help confirming would be great.

#99 ·
Newb to the Mak community here...
Can anyone help me identify it? The "types of makarov's" thread mentions an -18AS but I haven't been able to find any information on the satin chromed/nikel plated finish on a 9x18. I've only found info on the -17AS in .380. It was imported by Big Bear Arms, Dallas TX. Any help confirming would be great.
This thread discussed the 17AS...(mine is pictured)...
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?211-Types-of-Makarovs

#103 ·
Here is a picture of my non-import Russian Makarov. It is dated 1966. It has much jungle wear and had one matching magazine with it(#2 mag) with serial number matching pistol. I have fired it and it works great, 100% function. It may not be pretty but you just don't see these around.

#105 ·
It is one of my last Makarovs left. I had an excellent collection about 7 years ago, 2-Chinese, one was military one was police, two unissued Russian consecutive numbers (import marked) and two Bulgarian military (one import marked) and a 1960 EG. It is one of my biggest regrets that I sold all but my Russian and EG.

#107 ·
My only Makarov...1961 LSA marked EG with the early style grip and lanyard attachment (through the bottom). Doesn't really fit in my collection but I had to pick it up because the finish is so amazing. Beautiful bluing on this that's tough to capture in photos.

#114 ·
Guess I may as well join in here. New to the Makarovs, but one week end I got two off of gun broker. No one else even bid on these two.

Aarsenal - Held by a collector whom never fired it. Came with all original items and an Armorers kit with new barrel even.

Circle 10 - Second one of the day. I put the original Bulgarian Grips on this one. Thing is next to new.

So, I only wanted a shooter and one to carry. But darn. These were just too super nice. Still needed a shooter. So I bought one of those AIM shooter grades. And I will carry this one after enough practice range time. Far, far nicer than their pics showed. Thank You Aim!!!!!

In all three cases, I figured I would get what I paid for. Probably well holster worn like I see so many for sale at the prices I paid are. Yes, I am plesed with what I bought in a Mak.

#119 ·
Okay so I have an addiction.Blame all you good people for it.The E.G. to the left I scored about 3 weeks ago for 300.00.Ammo ,holster and forgot to add 2 additional mags to the pic. The add simply said makarov for sale.I called and the man said it is anE.G.,does it matter?
My carry I picked up maybe 3-4 years back the Bulgarin.199.00:laugh: