Gunboards Forums banner

Rare Hungarian FEG MR 61 9x18mm Makarov

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  BCR#1 
#1 ·
Does anyone here have one of these pistols? I recently bought one that appears to be unfired. I looks identical to this pistol with the following exceptions. It is a steel frame and it has asmall lanyard loop on the heal of it. I will try to poost a couple of pics tomorrow. Anyone know how many were imported into the USA? What woud it be worth to a collector?

http://www.hungariae.com/FegMR61.htm

#3 ·
I would respectfully disagree with you. I would rather have a PA-63 than a commercial Hi cap Russsian Makarov. Been there done that. The fit and finish doesn't even compare. Now if your talking a PM Makrov. That's different story. I like these FEG's more than my Polish P64 though.

#6 ·
Whenever any original weapon is altered from its original form by Bubba,Century or anybody else, value drops a lot and collectabilty does also, same with Maks in .380 these go for much less than the 9x18 ones.

Years ago when 9x18 was not well known or available easily many of the 9x18 were changed to .380 to boost sales.

#8 ·
Not trying or wanting to insult you gun or FEG guns in general, but i simply meant that the PA-63 always has been simply not all that desired by collectors as much as other Soviet Block guns, but then we all have our own preferences.

The Nagant Pistol was for many yrs. a very overlooked gun and considered Junk more or less by many. myself included but i finally got one a few yrs. ago and really love it from a collectors view but not much for a practical use!

3 yrs ago i bought a Zastava M-88 A (Baby-Tok in 9mm) mine was serial no 3! The 3rd imported in the US and these were sold 8-10 yrs ago and did not sell well, but now they are semi hard to get!

Got more Mags from EEArmory and they told me that mine was the 3rd imported in the US! How much more is it worth than any other M-88 ? No idea but i would never sell it!

What counts is as long as you like it. that is what is important and i hope you enjoy it!

#9 ·
I use to have one of those M88. They are now imported by EAA. I wanted to love that gun so badly but I must have got a lemon. The slide wouldn't lock back on the last round and I couldn't hit the Brod side of a barn with it. I bought a new factory magt from Eaa and it was junk from the factory. It never would feed a full mag. I found out threw researching that the Norinco 213 Narrow mags fit and function in that gun. I bought a couple and they worked better than the original mags. Only difference is they don't have the finger groove on the bottom. you should try one. You can buy them new from CDNN for $19.99+ shipping. Very cool looking gun.

#10 ·
I never had any probs out of my M-88-A or the extra mags i ordered, i think its great but i wish they would make it in 7.62x25, but they dont!
They worst POS Gun i ever had was a Chin Norinco 54 in 9mm, these had soft metal and parts like some chin do and basically self destructed after a few hundred rounds!

#11 ·
Man we are exact mirror opposites. I use to have one of those Norinco 54-1 and I loved it. Very accurate and functioned flawlessly. I had over 5000 round threw it and it was still going strong when I sold it. I am still kicking myself for sell it. Big mistake. It was a good pistol. More than I can say for that M88 I had.

#12 ·
So the one you have is a commercial model? I never followed any of the FEG pistols, so I really don't have any knowledge about them. I've always regretted not buying the commercial Polish Vannad (sp?) when I had the chance many years ago. I sort of regret not buying the IJ-70 Hi-Cap when they were out.

#17 ·
the 59 and 61 are actually ppk size. they slipped in at the beginning. they do not fit the import requirements for size, etc so some importers put a raised "target" grip on the left side. they were originally made for and issued to either or both the police and military. they have numerous arsenal marks and the hungarian sheild that do not appear on later commercial export made pa 63 (pp size) guns. The original hungarian issued 59, 61 and even original 63, are excellent carry guns. the original issued 59 and 61 have great triggers and function flawlessly. if you can find one you should get it as it is a lightweight ppk in a superior caliber (9mm makarov). since not many people know this information I am still able to find these at very reasonable prices. (often sold for 200 to 300 but sometimes listed for 600 by those who know) i consider these pistols one of the great bargains still available because people don't know what they are or how well they are made.

#18 ·
I totally agree. So when someone trashes the Hungarian FEG pistol. I figure they have never owned one or if they did it was badly worn or something. My first was the PA63 and when I sold it. I met a guy that collected the Walther ppk and the pp in 380auto and 32acp. He told me that in his opinion. The FEG was a better made pistol than the Walther. Coming from a Walther collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.