Gunboards Forums banner

was oswald the lone shooter?

6K views 130 replies 30 participants last post by  Galaxieman 
#1 · (Edited)
View attachment 125935 i just watched some show on t.v. last week saying that "with their OWN test shootings" they could conclude beyond any doubt oswald WAS the lone shooter..:confused: (i don't think so!)

#2 ·
Hard telling, though I think there is some pretty convincing evidence that he was NOT the only shooter. I think the juicier question is why JFK was shot. (Personally, I feel it was mob related, and having something to do with the '60 election)

#4 ·
There are various interesting and perhaps true explanations for why Oswald may not have been the lone shooter, or one man, possibly him, could have made the Zapruder film timescale. If there was more than one, it is entirely possible that the attempts would have happened in Deeley Plaza. within a few seconds of each other. But conclude beyond doubt? I don't think so .l Maybe most of them missed.

#5 ·
Llama, yes I agree JFK was a fantastic movie, but Oliver Stone is a pretty rotten historian. About 80% of the "info" in that movie was exaggerated, or completely made up. But that other 20% does offer up something to think about.

I also made up those percentages, but I bet I am pretty close. :)

#12 · (Edited)
I'm with you. All I'm trying to say is that Stone's movie presented a theory based on alot of info that was completely fabricated. Not saying there isn't SOME truth.

Here's my theory: Forget LBJ, Vietnam, Cuba, Castro, Soviet Union, The military industrial complex and all the other popular stuff. My theory is that the murder of JFK was payback by the mob. Through Papa Joe(I suspect), the mob got him elected by fraud, and a mere 200K votes. Many of those came from Cook County(Yes the same Chicago machine that produced BHO, noticing a trend here?). JFK promptly returned the favor by promoting his brother Bobby to Attorney General, where he made it a point to go after organized crime. Connecting the dots from there on out is pretty easy.

A conspiracy theory? Yep, but I think much more likely than most of the others, especially the one presented in Stone's movie.

#7 · (Edited)
No reason why he wasn't the only shooter.

Recent frame by frame analysis with newer technology showed thet JFK and Gov. Connally were lined up differently than what they originally thought, making the bullet's path very much in line with what it should have done.

Wintnesses who had no prior experiance with the sound of a rifle or the way they echo were given far more credibility than they should have.

It's become a cottage industry to make more out of it than should be, and always will be.

I"ve stood a few feet from where Oswald did a few times, and it's not that far from where he was standing to where the bullet struck, especially in light of the fact Oswald was good with a rifle.

#13 ·
I"ve stood a few feet from where Oswald did a few times, and it's not that far from where he was standing to where the bullet struck, especially in light of the fact Oswald was good with a rifle.
Wasn't the final head shot at a max of 85 yards?Wasn't far at all for a medium powered rifle.

I don't think there is actually any evidence that Oswald was a good shot. He would certainly have been quite a bad judge of a rifle. ........ But for making a dependable kill in circumstances that demaned quick shooting, it was poor, and the scope was indefensible. One thing I think can be ruled out, is that he wasn't put there as a genuine assassin by any organisation with another $20 in the funds.
He qualified in the Marines! IIRC he was considered a moderate shooter but again thats based on the Marines standard. Factor in he used a scope and was shooting at well under 100 yards. Also don't forget he missed completely once and was low a good 6-8 inches the second shot. If he was shooting at a paper target he'd have a rather crappy score.
As for the cost of his scope, so what? When you pay for the expensive ones you get a higher quality that will last longer and in the field hold it's zero longer and take more abuse before it looses it, as well as have better optics/clarity. Pretty all non issues for Oswalds use that clear sunny day at such a short range.
FWIW I have a cheapo $10 (in todays dollars) Wal mart scope on a $90 Wal mart Savage .22, at 100 yards it has no trouble keeping all shots in a 2-3" pattern for dozens of rounds at a time.

Stone is a flaky hollywierd liberal, his was a fantasy movie loosely based on an actual event. Not different then the show M*A*S*H.

No doubt in my mind there was only one shooter in the 6th floor window, ballistic tests prove that over and over and over again.

That said, there is the possibility that it was not Oswald and that there was a conspiracy BUT taking into account everything solid known about Oswald I'd say with 99.999% probability he pulled the trigger and with 98% probability he acted alone.
Hinkly got to Reagan alone and this was 2 decades after Kennedy with ramped up/reevaluated security procedures.

#9 ·
I don't think there is actually any evidence that Oswald was a good shot. He would certainly have been quite a bad judge of a rifle. I've never accepted the common mantra that the Carcano was a bad rifle for its intended purpose, which was making conscripts tolerably effective on the battlefield. But for making a dependable kill in circumstances that demaned quick shooting, it was poor, and the scope was indefensible. One thing I think can be ruled out, is that he wasn't put there as a genuine assassin by any organisation with another $20 in the funds.

It is true that various people have equalled or improved on the supposed timespan, though, or that there is hardly anything so odd that a bullet won't occasionally do it.

JFK was such a well-made film that people can all too easily believe it. They leave out some of Garrison's other theories, such as the man with a .45 pistol in a manhole, or his discharge from the military for psychotic illness. The mentally ill do recover at least as often as the physically, of course.

#10 ·
http://books.google.com/books?id=7Q...hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result

An interesting article on here about Oswald practicing at a gun range prior to the assassination.

Sometimes fate just lines stuff up in a bad way.

In order for the Titanic to hit a relatively small target in the Atlantic, a coal strike had to delay her departure time, her sister ship dropped a propellor blade and they had to move the Titanic from her berth where she was being completed and put the Olympic in her place.

If she had left in time, her and the iceberg would have been nowhere close to each other.

#11 ·
The warren commission report is due to be released in what , 17 years ? Reckon we will know then .

I used to think multiple shooters , now , he acted alone.However , he May have been trying out for a position on jack rubies squad & was dumb enough to get caught.

There is alot of film footage of oswald.If you read his body language , I think he was a lying SOS.

#15 ·
I almost forgot, there was yet another documentary on TV the other day. This time they had people in a replica of the Lincoln limo in exactly the same positions as all the people in the car. They also had an expert marksman stand with a scoped rifle all the various spots conspiracy theorists claim a second gunman was standing. All those spots can be completely ruled out when looked at from a shooters point of view, no doubt no question about it, completely impossible, especially a head shot from the grassy knoll, Jacky would have also been splattered from there.
This show also set up a shooter at the same height/distance and shot at a ballistic head, also had a camera at the same angle as Zapruder, they then matched up the spray pattern and direction from bullet impact with the two clips, a perfect match.

I agree 100%, Oswald was a good lier. Though he was a nut job he was clearly a cleaver/intelligent person. A quick google search shows between a 118 and 121 IQ score.

#17 ·
Saint John Hunt, a crack head (or was it meth?) doper looser jobless bum looking to make money how ever he can to avoid work.
IIRC he never produced the supposed death bed confessions. Or if he did, Howard was also a writer of 'spy' novels and bitter for serving time for Watergate. Think about it.
The fact that E.Howard said there was a French gunman at the grassy knoll pretty much seals it up since the angles and line of sight completely leaves no doubt there wasn't a shooter in that position.

#29 ·
Saint John Hunt, a crack head (or was it meth?) doper looser jobless bum looking to make money how ever he can to avoid work.
OK.
IIRC he never produced the supposed death bed confessions. Or if he did, Howard was also a writer of 'spy' novels and bitter for serving time for Watergate. Think about it.
It seems like you're trying to take both sides of the arguement.
So if he did, in fact, confess to involvement in the JFK assassination you're saying it was because of bitterness over Watergate?
Please explain the connection between the assassination of JFK and Watergate in the case of H.Hunt.
He wrote spy novels, so what?
Why would a man with a storied career in the OSS/CIA make something up as he was dying?
What would be the point? He was dying!

The fact that E.Howard said there was a French gunman at the grassy knoll pretty much seals it up since the angles and line of sight completely leaves no doubt there wasn't a shooter in that position.
Seals what up?
The next statement
The fact that E.Howard said...
you're saying now that Hunt confessed???
I'm trying to understand, but your post is contradicting and doesn't make sense to me.

I'm trying to understand your logic.

#18 ·
I'm a Dallas native, was a junior in college when JFK got whacked - and actually worked one summer in the SBD (1961). I'm quite familiar with the area, including Dealey Plaza.

And I'm convinced that the various conspiracy nuts are just that - nuts. Oliver Stone, on the other hand, is not JUST a nut, though that too. He's a villain who intentionally distorts history not for dramatic effect in a commercial film, but rather to promote a POV (an untruthful one hostile to American ideals).

My own conviction is - one shooter. And that the shooter was Lee Harvey Oswald, from the sixth floor of the Dallas School Book Depository.

One of my college biddies had a Carcano, scoped, just like the one LHO used, from the same source We did some shooting with it and concluded that there was no reason to think LHO couldn't do what was claimed for him, at least in terms of the capabilities of the rifle. It should be noted that none of us were what you'd call really excellent shots, though decent ones.

#105 ·
Oliver Stone, on the other hand, is not JUST a nut, though that too. He's a villain who intentionally distorts history not for dramatic effect in a commercial film, but rather to promote a POV (an untruthful one hostile to American ideals).

My own conviction is - one shooter. And that the shooter was Lee Harvey Oswald, from the sixth floor of the Dallas School Book Depository.
That says it all, as far as I'm concerned. I agree 100% with Clyde.

#19 ·
He probably wasn't the lone shooter. Kennedy's brains ended up on the trunk of the limo. If that shot came from behind it wouuld have ended up on the front seat.

#20 ·
You forget this has been extensively tested time and time again.
The latest documentary I mentioned above even went so far as to check the weather conditions in Dealey plaza that day and vehicle speed then placed a large fan in front of their mock up limo and Kennedy dummy with simulated human head and set the wind speed to the wind and vehicle speed. Patterns match exactly Zapruders film as well as eye witnesses, one guy that was at Parkland and a motorcycle cop that both clearly saw the inside ofthe limo before it was washed down.
The bullet entry was clearly in the right rear of Kennedys head.
Once again you seem to be trolling.

#21 · (Edited)
When it comes to ballistic testing, the really interesting place the president's brains didn't end up was in the National Archives, where they were supposed to be kept. The President's brain is missing to this day, and there is a claim that Bobby Kennedy took it away.

This, and probably the inside of the skull, is where a rifle bullet, even the slow-moving Carcano one, would leave a snowstorm of tiny particles of core and probably jacket metal. These could be conclusively linked to, or distinguished from, a given batch of ammunition by spectroscopic analysis, or even more sensitive tests which have since been devised. It is a funny thing to be missing.

The scope could be capable of accurate enough shooting, although its field of view was probably narrow. But the mount was bendable, and in the investigation someone, I think the FBI, said that it was so badly aligned as to make the combination incapable of accuracy. We don't, of course, know whether this was the case while Oswald had it. In one of the most famous photographs, a police officer is holding it pretty high and casually.

Similarly it was claimed that the rifle was particularly hard to cycle quickly. But I don't know if they were talking of Oswald's more than other Carcanos, or just the general characteristics of the type, which is less easily manipulated than some.

The trouble with having so many TV channels is that there is an excessive need for dramatric new revelations, which are often decades-old revelations.

#22 ·
when i said 8mm film i'm talking about the german guys film of the shooting.. slow it down and that final head shot looks to me.. for all the world like a FRONT impact.. head snaps BACK and to the LEFT..;)

#35 ·
Ever go hunting? Ever see a deer hit with a .30-06 or anything else more powerful then the 6.5 Carcano? Do they fall over from the bullet impact or do they twitch in various directions before they start running? Did you ever see one jump straight up before running?
When the doctor taps your knee with his hammer does your leg move in the direction of the force of the hammer hit or forward?
Taking one in the brain is a huge shock to the nervous system, causing involuntary muscle contractions and movements could be in almost any direction, it's just nervous system trauma.
Simple physics, a bullet impact alone can not impart more energy into the target then it exerts on the person firing the weapon. If it's not enough to knock over Oswald (or shooter of your choice) it's not enough to cause the violent motions Kennedy exhibited.

#24 ·

#26 · (Edited)
I'm with Clyde LHO was the lone shooter. LHO was a commie there is no doubt about that. The hit was sponsored by the Reds The US government knew it and to prevent a major war with USSR covered up the Russian involvement.

#28 · (Edited)
last American president by chance!

a change in the rules for participators, behaviors and independent decisions. nuclear threats, world commerce, etc. :eek:
it matters not anymore who? why?,:confused: it happen. and still they are in-powered :mad:.
America will never be the same, that was the plan afterwards. a realignment of controls for the next 45 years.and beyond.:eek:
old reasons really dont matter, the ultimate control is the new goals.
we sometimes benefit, and sometimes loose, but no nuclear wars:cool:, nuclear wars dont make money! if they happen and the effects on markets longer that depressions . <><:(

#34 ·
Sorry, forgot about the question about the Frenchman.
Since real shooters standing in that very spot a 'supposed gunman' was, all conclude there wouldn't have been a shot, angles are all wrong. Not to mention the head shot if from the knoll would have left a huge exit wound on the left side of Kennedy's head, and or possibly have also taken out Jackie.
Thus, for some one to "positively" claim there was a shooter there is lying.

This also answers the question, "what if Hunt was telling the truth?"

#38 ·
Oswald was a patsy. JFK was shot at by three Mafia men, they were brought up through Mexico 1 week before and were put 2 behind and 1 in front,the man in front (in the grassy knowl) was in a police uniform he is the one that hit him in the head, the 2 behind one had a wounding shot the third man missed altogether. The three men were paid off in drugs and of the three the one that killed JFK was killed himself in the 70's in a drug raid in Mexico the other 2 are still alive and in France.

#41 · (Edited)
No offense, but that is about as preposterous as Stone's movie. As JJK stated, science, ballistics, computer generated models and engineers have shown that there is no doubt that Kennedy was shot by ONE gunman from the exact window on the fourth floor of the school depository building as the Warren Commission concluded, and as is common knowledge. The "magic bullet" is total hogwash. If any of you guys watch "The Kennedy Assassination - Beyond Conspiracy" you'll feel silly for believing the ridiculous rubbish from that libtarded clown Oliver Stone, or any of the other silliness about this. I know I did. Watch the short links below and then decide whether you believe the self serving tall tales from various whackjobs, or objective science, ballistics, and facts.

The proof:
http://www.wat.tv/video/beyond-conspiracy-kennedy-wmoz_vzfh_.html

Stone's magic bullet rubbish and reality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikIRB3lvFvw

Facts, not hype:
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/sbt.htm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001BFDKU/kennedyassassina

#40 ·
This whole conspiracy theory is so dead its not worth discussing. Analysis of the ballistics, photographs, films has proved that it was Oswald, PERIOD. END OF SUBJECT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.