Gunboards Forums banner

1939 Non refurb Tula Finn Capture

908 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Vasily Zaytsev 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a Finn capture for quite a while now. Only issue with this one is the crack in the stock. I'd assume it's the original because it faintly bears the Tula stamp/date on the buttstock. I love the color of this one. What's your thoughts on the repair? I got mixed reviews on whether it's an arsenal repair or not. It still has most of it's Tula parts still on it except for a few parts. It has a Remington bolt body. Also seems E.T. Owned this at one point..lol
I'm pretty happy with this one especially getting it for $200.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice looking Finn Capture Vasily Zaytsev thanks for the pics. Love these rifles. I used to frequent the Bullet Stop whenever I had company business in Wichita. The company I worked for was founded there, and the membership at the Bullet Hole in Overland Park (lived in Lenexa) was good there. I have a finn capture '39 Tula also.....a little different than yours. Took for ever to find this one. Denny
View attachment 2140402 View attachment 2140434

#10 ·
Thank you. I like bullet stop I usually go to bullseye though. That's prob the cleanest fin capture I've ever seen. Very nice man. I hate those stupid billboard import marks. Why couldn't they stick with the discreet ones under the muzzle..

#11 ·
I think the reason for the split stock in the O.P. is because the rear of the tang is in contact with the wood.
Mine was split like that when I got it. I glued and pegged it as in the O.P. Has been fired now a good deal and nothing nasty happened to it, And, the barrel is getting cleaner all the time. :)

Very nice rifle Vasily!!

#14 ·
Thanks I appreciate that.

Pukka Bundook I believe your right. I've seen many people repair their cracks with glue and work great. Not sure I'll do that with this one though.

Mike O I didn't even notice that. That is a rare find dang..

Daniel 39 I've always wanted one with trench art or something the owner did during war or whatever. I'm really digging this new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.