Gunboards Forums banner

Old Sacramento Armory Gone!!

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Louie 
#1 ·
I understand that the Old Sacramento Armory has closed. It was in buisiness long before I got here in the 70's and was the last real gunshop in downtown sacramento. Heard many different reasons for the closing but no one seems to know for sure but "government issues" have been mentioned. The small shop showroom was always interesting, but going behind doors was sometimes pretty surreal. Those of you who knew the "armory" know what i mean.

#4 ·
Old Sac Armory was just about the only place around were you could look at and fondle milsurps. I've bought two Arisakas from them over the years and various olds and ends. Whenever I was downtown with some time to kill I'd stop in. They always had a good selection of old rifles.

#5 ·
The armory had a fair size C&R and Class III import buisness as well. Broomhandles, lugers, swedish mausers, johnson auto rifle, smles, berrettas, colt 1900, 02 and 03 you name it they imported it. Their " backyard sales" and Dealer warehouse were legendary. Mausers by the pile, lugers 20 to a "chain", big boxs full of bayonets. Will always be impressed by the sight of pallet loads of UD and thompson submachine guns.

#8 ·
Thats too bad. I'd bought many an item from them in the past.

#10 ·
Don't forget here down south, Fed Ord or Bricklee Trading Co. in So. El Monte. They had Japanese Arisakas from China all w/ mums, Chinese T53s, Chinese SKS' Mausers by the buttload, Broomhandles, MAK90s for at one time $159!!!!!!!! Also the only place I got real Soviet AK ammo w/ Spanish stickers on it! Told came from Nicaragua after defeat of Sandinista gov't. Mexican Mausers made in Belgium by FN were there with tons of .45 1911s from who knows where, and yes, trench shotguns for a song from the Phillipines. They had tons of stuff till mid nineties when the Klinton Era killed off so many importers and gun shops. Those as old as me might remember Golden State Arms in Pasadena. They got tons of stuff from InterArms we can just dream of having now..like Solothurn 20mm Cannons for 199.00!!!!!!!! Ammo was $1.00 a round sold only w/ the cannon! Yes, this was California before the nightmare it is today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.