Help needed in Finnish .22LR (?) sniper ID

Thread: Help needed in Finnish .22LR (?) sniper ID

Default Help needed in Finnish .22LR (?) sniper ID

Please help to ID this rifle. Sorry for cell phone basement pics, that all I could do.

Last edited by Horilka; 05-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Wow pretty neat; I want it! Thank you for posting the pictures; I don't recall ever seeing anything like it posted before. I would love to hear more information on it as well.

PA
    Interested in buying a factory original Izhevsk PU sniper with original wartime matched scope. Long shot but a guy can dream!

Scope is a WWI German military scope with elevation markings from 100 up to 1000. It is not correct for this mount nor this scope nor this caliber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Very unique.

..MJ..
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    George Carlin

I smell a whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive

That's nothing.
    I bought five No4Mk1T's test fired only, all with walnut stocks in their transit chests and with the scope cans with matching scopes. $725 for all five rifles.

Quite probably one of a kind rifle obviously built by somebody who had good access to Finnish Mosin-Nagant parts. Finnish military had some Mosin-Nagant trainers in .22 short and .22 LR, but this is not one of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0413.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	3664247Interesting PEM mount....the lack of locking screws in/on the mount indicate it was made for the .22 small caliber. I doubt the pins go into the receiver either.
    I have a factory made PU base without pins/locking screws also made for a .22 Toz.

Quote Originally Posted by reiver1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0413.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	3664247Interesting PEM mount....the lack of locking screws in/on the mount indicate it was made for the .22 small caliber. I doubt the pins go into the receiver either.
    I have a factory made PU base without pins/locking screws also made for a .22 Toz.
    Very interesting.... I have a toz 17? 22 bolt gun that has a pu base, but has the pins and full size screws like a mosin pu

Have not seen such a critter before. tika 22 barrel? Interesting rifle...

all in all looks like someones wild dream creation.
    The bolt is obviously a result of somebody being extremely bored on one rainy weekend)
    Newly made base. The mount is original but unfortunately the threaded mount screw part was removed from its original location, the opening was welded shut and threaded piece shifted forward.
    Gigantic side mount screw obviously also someone's creation
    On the picture the bolt travels rearward a full 54R cartridge length meaning somebody took an existing standard issue 7.62x54r rifle and heavily modified it for .22LR use that included re barreling, custom feed ramp, magazine and bolt head.
    On a brighter note with so much weight I bet the recoil is literally non existent.

Not a big fan of that bolt job and too bad they had to modify the mount (could've been avoided) but other that that looks like quality conversion.
    Last edited by pavlin; 07-01-2020 at 03:02 PM.

If it's Made in Russia and original, I'll buy it)

Hi,
    Take a look of this topic, you will find great pictures of Finnish training rifles 22lr
    In topic n#14 you will se how these bolts work, there is custom feed ramp, but no magazine, these rifles are single shot rifles.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...raining-rifles

Finnish army made special tooll for reload these training rifle. These where normally made m/91 and m/27 rifles, but other models used are reported
    m/28-30, m/28 and m/39, they made these using the worn out rifle, needed modification was barrel and bolt head change.
    Last edited by M/62; Yesterday at 12:44 AM.
    Looking for PU scope Plant 357 serial A48816
    Looking for rifle bolt ИX5256, Will trade to this KД983

Withe the Barrel being 1938, and the Soviet Unions direct method of delivery of M91/30's with round Receivers to Finnish hands didnt begin untill Nov 30 1939, Its a parts gun........one I'd like to own....
    And theres the other "things" with it, as noted above, a Post war fun gun

Just shoot it.