Good find ....what did I find?....UPDATED 6-15-20 VZ 52/57 30 rd AK mag. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good find ....what did I find?....UPDATED 6-15-20 VZ 52/57 30 rd AK mag.

Very interesting rifle, I saw one on gunbroker and assumed that it was a reenactor build to look like a ppsh41. I like it and would buy one.
    Jmg

When Century imported Vz52 rifles in the late 1980s, early 1990's, many rifles had terribly damaged stocks. In fact CAI sold them, after a bit of in-house "repair" work, with hideous black-epoxy covered original stocks. That was quite a while ago, and it would not surprise me in the least if someone bought a few, stripped and trimmed the wood, added on faked PPh-41 barrel jackets, Roosian markings, and sold a couple here and there. Not unheard of in the collecting world.
    It's a cool looking thing, but it's just a -thing-.
    "No Anchovies? You got the wrong man, I spell my name Danger!" (Click)

Quote Originally Posted by FGD135 View Post
    When Century imported Vz52 rifles in the late 1980s, early 1990's, many rifles had terribly damaged stocks. In fact CAI sold them, after a bit of in-house "repair" work, with hideous black-epoxy covered original stocks. That was quite a while ago, and it would not surprise me in the least if someone bought a few, stripped and trimmed the wood, added on faked PPh-41 barrel jackets, Roosian markings, and sold a couple here and there. Not unheard of in the collecting world.

that is reasonable, someone with the talent, tools, drive...make one for himself..sell two to cover the cost...the shroud seams bigger then the ppsh that I have seen,...plus it is heavy, not thin light.

Your right...it is cool.....and just a thing.....my thing ...Thanks for your input, very informative on the Century information.

Motivation to modify the rifles here in US is pretty clear. Records show many damaged CZ52 rifles cost less than 59.87 and semi complete fair to good were $99.87. Original Hand-guards fetch almost $300 and repops about $200. Complete, original, stock and handguards sets were/are almost impossible find although i know where some sold out long ago when 5 bills was a lot. Many rifles had either bad barrels or bulges damage near the muzzles. I recall being unable to even get any interest on the ones on my table for years due to condition and caliber. Now just junkers bring big $$.

The OP.s rifle is really well done and makes me lean toward a 3rd world job. Given as aid to 3rd World many were altered to look/perform like AKs or SMGs. Fakers here however are fast growing in skill and glean knowledge for forums like this. I see a number of these "coming to light" in near future.

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    Motivation to modify the rifles here in US is pretty clear. Records show many damaged CZ52 rifles cost less than 59.87 and semi complete fair to good were $99.87. Original Hand-guards fetch almost $300 and repops about $200. Complete, original, stock and handguards sets were/are almost impossible find although i know where some sold out long ago when 5 bills was a lot. Many rifles had either bad barrels or bulges damage near the muzzles. I recall being unable to even get any interest on the ones on my table for years due to condition and caliber. Now just junkers bring big $$.

The OP.s rifle is really well done and makes me lean toward a 3rd world job. Given as aid to 3rd World many were altered to look/perform like AKs or SMGs. Fakers here however are fast growing in skill and glean knowledge for forums like this. I see a number of these "coming to light" in near future.
    Stop the tease just put a price on it.

wink2 Video of the gun shooting...

...Video of this shooting......from 2014.

Note ...the sling is not in the way....

Link...Vid

https://youtu.be/SW_m8tnwxxk

Link....You tube vid from 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW_m...ature=youtu.be

LINK.....Firearm blog

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...olice-carbine/

LINK.....

Link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czecho...alist_Republic...

.....making the case for third world make of this.

Industry: Extractive and manufacturing industries dominated sector. Major branches included machinery, chemicals, food processing, metallurgy, and textiles. Industry was wasteful of energy, materials, and labor and slow to upgrade technology, but was a source of high-quality machinery and arms for other communist countries.

Still not sure who made this...just more information.
    Last edited by Judi and her Mosins; 11-25-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Itís a very cool rifle but there is still no evidence in any of your links despite conjecture. I personally think itís an importer/private individual attempt to spice up sales of a slow selling rifle or ones with damaged stocks mentioned above.

Anyone looking for parts.
    Centerfire has some rough rifles for $205-$225 right now. Good parts source.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi and her Mosins View Post
    ...Video of this shooting......from 2014.

Note ...the sling is not in the way....

Link...Vid

https://youtu.be/SW_m8tnwxxk

Link....You tube vid from 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW_m...ature=youtu.be

LINK.....Firearm blog

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...olice-carbine/

LINK.....

Link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czecho...alist_Republic...

.....making the case for third world make of this.

Industry: Extractive and manufacturing industries dominated sector. Major branches included machinery, chemicals, food processing, metallurgy, and textiles. Industry was wasteful of energy, materials, and labor and slow to upgrade technology, but was a source of high-quality machinery and arms for other communist countries.

Still not sure who made this...just more information.
    It seems the video confirms few things. Claim that it's "police carbine" all point back to the single source poster on Gun Lab. The gun has really poor ergonomics for supporting hand -> not any factory would do for service weapon. It was probably made by the entity called "COBA Manufacturing" that posted the video.

Interesting...
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Quote Originally Posted by orygunKEO View Post
    Looks like some serious fabrication work on the front end of this one.
    I still have a couple of these and this looks like a good project for
    one of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo6 View Post
    I figure the primary purpose of that shroud is to protect the sleeve (piston) around the barrel that is part of the gas system, and as long as they were at it, it would seem reasonable to extend it as a handguard. There is not a lot of space on the stock ahead of the magazine to grab onto.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Anyone looking for parts.
    Centerfire has some rough rifles for $205-$225 right now. Good parts source.

These must be an easy gun to work on....here are some looking like an AK, ....?...Still like mine better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vz52_DIY5.56Folder.jpg  

Vz52_DIY7.62x39Folder.jpg  

I'm with the haters. Sell that bubba job to me for what you bought it for!

Looking at the rounded forend of the stock, the barrel shroud has been on the rifle for a long time.

Awesome carbine-first time I've seen one-great find!

wink2

Other modifications to guns....that also did not work out, on mosins.

...never rule out anything.

Link of Mosin Modifications

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...s-accessories/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mosin-Nagant-Naiman-1-660x125.jpg  

Mosin-Nagant-experimental-bayonet.jpg  

Мосин-Нагант-Ды&#1.jpg  

Last edited by Judi and her Mosins; 11-29-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Default S.O.B. !!! ...I made a mistake ! ...A big one

OK...I first shot this off ten rounds,....I...thought I loaded 7.62 x 45....NO ...it was 7.62 x 39 ....

I made a MAJOR mistake here !

After checking and reading on the VZ 52...thought this was 7.62x45 ....NO it is not.

I had the 7.62 x 45 ammo which I dug out of the closet,...I also had some 7.62x39 out also.....somehow.... I thought that I loaded this with x45...in fact was x39...thought the rounds seemed lose in the magazine....I went out and picked up the old shell casing...x39 .....Yep ...being excited is being a fool...not paying attention...Lucky the out come was in my favor...I'll be more careful .

This is 7.62x39...

Just chamber checked each round...x45 will not fit...sticks out...

...x39 .....fits like a glove

I am really sorry and feel like a idiot,....I apologize, I was not trying to mislead anyone, and feel very foolish as I attempted to load x45 into this today....

Sorry.

x45 wil jam like a rock if trying to shove in a x39 chamber -- ask me how i know.

x45 wil jam like a rock if trying to shove in a x39 chamber -- ask me how i know.

Yep,...attemped to close the bolt it stopped...was still pretty dam tight to get out.. I knew what it was when I seen it, I nearly crapped my pants. ....further study I am a idiot. .....just another reason why I will not run for President.

Sorry guys, .....

Watch out, some of those x39 conversions revert to x45...
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

Quote Originally Posted by Judi and her Mosins View Post
    Other modifications to guns....that also did not work out, on mosins.

...never rule out anything.

Link of Mosin Modifications

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...s-accessories/
    It's difficult to make a comparison with a one-off home workshop piece vs. mass-produced, arsenal-manufactured weapons that were found to be unnecessarily complex, too expensive, or ineffective during their service life...
    "No Anchovies? You got the wrong man, I spell my name Danger!" (Click)

That is a VZ52 that someone converted to a PPSH-41 variant and added a AK-47 magazine conversion to the receiver. Looks like they did a better then normal job on it. The stocks on the VZ52 are thin and get damaged easy and the hand guards are missing on a lot of them and are as hard as hens teeth to find. A lot of people finish these off in their home workshop. I have a few custom ones that are pretty cool. Just saw one posted on GB that someone put a 23" barrel on and SVT-40 style stock on, really like it! I kinda specialize in VZ52s with a lot of complete ones and about 50 Barreled receivers and parts for most of them.

Looks like they did not put the AK mag conversion on it after looking at it. The original VZ52 mags will work with 7.62x39 but the rounds fit lose and may give a miss feed. Get a VZ52/57 mag. and it will fit fine. It is 7.62x39. Will cost you $100 + for one.

You definitely had a good find!! My gun collecting urges are tingling lol. I have never seen anything like it. A Czech 52 sounds interesting!

Default UPDATE 6/15/2020....More News, VZ 52/ 57 30 rd. AK magazine Find !

Ok...been awhile and I been like a hound dog on this,.lo and behold, I stumble on to the answer like a drunk sailor. ( Semper Fi)

Does a VZ 52/57...30 round AK magazine exist....What would be better then one...How about two.

I have a one of pictures so pm if you want more or to many PM's I'll keep posting them...

I been doing much looking into this gun...this is not a bubba, or hopefully believe it is. ( Chuck at Gun Labs DID NOT make this)

OK...I have found out there are at least six (6) others like this gun...all the same Chuck, has seen three all different serial numbers. I have talked to three other people who have this same type rifle. Only one person (owner of same type gun for better then 20 years ) told me a yearning tale of them coming in a crate of five, with the magazines in the crate (could explain why when they show up only two had magazines.) He sent me pictures, but will not allow me to put them on line, asking I respect his wishes. Every thing on the gun is the same as mine.

Another person emailed me he also has one coming from his uncle who passed.

Quick to that star on the stock,...Look at a star on a VZ 52/27 magazine...when placed next to the stock...same type setting ? ...Looks close to me if being done in 1950 something.....

I believe these were either done in Cuba, or Czechoslovakia. hence the Red Star on stock....No way Bubba or any importer would do all that, plus the matching numbers on the stocks...ALL on the ones seen have matching numbers, to the stocks, wood looks the same

Now, the magazine that fit, or are able to fit are few. China stamped magazines with a slight grind on the rear lug they fit, and shoot. Next are the old Bosnian one rib magazines,,fit like a tight glove, also shoots, but need to be grinded down on rear lug. I have not done that...yet.

Finally. I stumbled upon this magazine, Look ...Two very unusual magazines...Both VZ 52/ 57 30 rounders.....

One been attacked by someone trying to make it AK fit...(They won't) ....Lucky they stopped...The one with the lug on top and bottom snaps like a drum...The other locks in good...has slight play put fully operational.....

Also,..look at the magazine followers.....and the numbers...677 and 877...So at least 877 are made...

Well that proves that the 30 rd. AK magazine are real.

...And I have yet anyone to prove this gun ...unreal.

Look...anyone wants to see this rifle, magazines.....come to Oklahoma, I'll toss some burgers on the grill as you tape the gun, bring your VZ 52/57 and try the magazine.....They worked in the pawn shop's VZ.

Many variants are made of different guns and alterations during their runs....quit being so closed mind on this.

More pictures,..just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAM_6549.jpg  

SAM_6550.jpg  

SAM_6553.jpg  

SAM_6580.jpg  

SAM_6582.jpg  

SAM_6584.jpg  

SAM_6585.jpg  

SAM_6595.jpg  

SAM_6574.jpg  

SAM_6597.jpg  

SAM_6603.jpg  

SAM_6564.jpg  

SAM_6606.jpg  

SAM_6543.jpg  

SAM_6586.jpg  

Very cool gun but it’s not done by any government organization IMO. Likely dolled up somewhere to resemble a PPSH. As for the star, I can get a wood burning stamp or CNC in any design you like, as with whoever built this.

A simple question is why? Why replace the front end with sheet metal to resemble a PPSH? Nearly every SMG and battle rifle of the era had a sight protector, this doesn’t even have provisions for it. If they went to such great lengths where’s the sight hood? Is this select fire?

Again, cool, and looks like it would be fun to shoot. I would be very interested to see pictures of the other similar guns that you know of.

50 yard groups?
    nice concept!
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

The AK magazines are Def. milled to fit into the VZ52. I have 2 VZ52s that I had the receivers milled for a standard AK mag. to fit in but this looks like an easier solution. I have some VZ52 mags with the star but the star is common to the Tula arms plant in Russia.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2301.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	3676563

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12