Armslist Scam. Never buy on Armslist. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armslist Scam. Never buy on Armslist.

I have bought from numerous online sale sites, Armslist being one of them, and I have never been burned using a U.S. postal money order. Out of courtesy I take a pic of the filled out money order and addressed stamped envelope before mailing and e-mail the pic to the seller. (This is a courtesy to them and proof/info for myself if a claim/inquiry has to be made.)

I recently had a slow shipper that claimed he had not received payment after it had been in the mail for a couple of weeks. I went to the post office and obtained a form that starts the inquiry process into whether or not the money order had been cashed. The post office told me there would be a fee to process the inquiry form so I e-mailed the seller telling him if he did not receive the money order in a day or two then I was going to pay the fee and file the postal money inquiry form which would start the "investigation" as to whether or not it had been cashed and where.

Boom...……...I got a proper tracking number in just a few hours and the item arrived in good condition as expected. (I did not have to pay the fee or file the form.)

Maybe it was a coincidence...………...maybe not. But mail fraud via paying/defrauding through the U.S. mail, especially for a gun that was paid for using a U.S. postal money order would usually weed out the idiot crooks from the really good ones. Then again I guess there could be someone dumb enough to attempt it thinking there aren't going to be repercussions.

Dale

Theres a fee now to file on a missing or stolen USPS MO?

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    Theres a fee now to file on a missing or stolen USPS MO?
    Yes, to file the form to replace a lost or stolen money order my local post office told me there was a small fee.

Per the USPS website: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

My Money Order Is Lost or Stolen

We’ll replace a lost or stolen money order. There is a $6.15 processing fee.

• Go to your local Post Office location to complete and submit PS Form 6401 Money Order Inquiry.
    • After you submit the form, check the Missing Money Order List for your money order serial number.
    • When we’ve determined the status of your money order, we’ll issue you a replacement.

Dale

MAn That sucks, They charge too much already for a USPS MO.. USPS insurance is already very pricey and now a fee for deadbeats!!!!! Makes USPS MOs for less than 100 seem not cost effective. Even makes PayPal look good. (and that was tough to write or say!!!)

You can buy on Armslist just be very weary. Use common sense. If it's sounds too good to be true it is.

What always helps keep me in check is that my money......the money I worked for.....is more valuable to me than any firearm ever made.....P E R I O D !!! Meaning I'd rather have my money than some firearm. So for me to part with it you have to prove it

There are a couple of scammers on Armslist in the Phoenix AZ area right now...... I flag 'em and they come right back up.

If I were the owner of the site, who makes money on those that pay for upgraded membership, I would have people working to check the flags that are put up by members, safer the site, more membership that would pay to open storefronts. K98 sniper is still there after months of flagging

https://www.armslist.com/posts/10679...e--mauser-k98-

And dont buy the lugers with the speckled tan and white carpet background,,,,all closed Gunbroker sales
    Last edited by Crash; 12-31-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Guy advertising on armslist a sniper rifle with the same description and picture as an item on GB. Flagged every day for 2 weeks. Finally emailed armslist with a description of the scam.... and they removed it.
    Pretty pathetic that an obvious fraud took so much time to get removed. And shows what is really going on with this website.

Wonder if anyone figured out they could make a buck off fraud and bad sellers/buyers by creating a "vetting" service. Would require researching scam artists, blocked bidders and negative feedback on all the auction sites along with court records. Think many buyers and sellers alike would love to be able to "vet" who they are dealing with. Probably already exists? Ever run someone on MyLife?

Seems like scammers are at an all time high on armslist.
    I routinely check several websites for Walther PP, PPK, Mauser C96 and a few other items. I just amazes me the number of GB ads that show up on armslist, identical in every way (except the price, of course).
    You can also highlight a local listing on armslist, and paste it into a nationwide search.... many times to see the same identical ad in different states by different users.
    I am reporting these obvious frauds to armslist, but growing weary of their failure to act or respond.
    I am sure many board members are aware of this, however I have never seen so much BS activity as recently.
    “Fast is fine, But accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.”
    Wyatt Earp

Turn it over to ATF...all the information you have directed complaints..
    and keep calling back,
    till you have enlightened everyone to this guys needs problems exposed!

getting your money worth of skin.
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

I bought a beautiful unfired Henry .45-70 a couple years ago off Armslist. Drove an hour to a neighboring city for it. No issues at all. The gun is a creampuff, at a fair price. FTF is fine I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12