Gunboards Forums banner

i am dummkopf

929 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  iskra 
#1 ·
i finally got around to shooting my husky m46 in 9.3x57 with the 2-7x leopold. i was using the 280gr fn gc (bull shop) and imr4895. the middle target was for sighting it in. the bottom left target is around 1 1/4 - 1 3/8" (outside edge - outside edge) at 100 yards(5 shots/benched). now all i need is dummkopf to write the charge of powder in!!! the only saving grace is the powder charge is minimal, 37 - 38gr of imr4895.

i think i am getting old. i used to able to know what powder charge goes into what cartridge. now i have to look it up. you know if you go to kitchen to fill up your coffee cup and go to table to sit down. well not me, i have to get back up and bring the refilled coffee cup to the table. dummkopf is usually my nice word to describe myself. i won't tell you the bad word(s) to describe myself.

target and the husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
my grandpap said that i was a dummkopf!!! i looked it up once in a dictionary(yes, a paper dictionary with hard cover and everything!!!!!) and i laughed. boy, he was right. i am a blockhead!!!!!

#5 ·
The more particular reloaders keep notebooks to record their loads. I made up a batch of mailing labels with blank spaces for the load data and put one on each box. At the range the fired cases go back into the same box, and I'll scribble my observations of how well the load shot on the label. So when I get around to reloading the brass, I have a record of the load data right in front of me.

#6 ·
I gave up all my reloading stash to my first boss..
Way over $600 buck..30# boxes Unopened target premium Speer, federal, lulpa..
165’s, 180, 170 30 cals.. match. And Speer hunting..not counting pistol bullets ..
I have more loaded ammunition in all cals.
Couldn’t shoot it all in my limited life time..

:(I make too many mistakes in other areas realized.
LIKE MY TYPING..:cry:
.just brain old..
not going to blow up any investment or hurt myself..<>< dan

#7 ·
Toddoyaka's Comment: " think i am getting old. i used to able to know what powder charge goes into what cartridge. now i have to look it up. you know if you go to kitchen to fill up your coffee cup and go to table to sit down. well not me, i have to get back up and bring the refilled coffee cup to the table. dummkopf is usually my nice word to describe myself. i won't tell you the bad word(s) to describe myself."

Eightieth birthday breathing down my neck... conjuring too many such incidents! But perhaps improving? Recalling fewer and fewer anymore!
:) :) :)
Best & keep safe!
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.