GrimThreeper is a scam artist, BEWARE!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GrimThreeper is a scam artist, BEWARE!

Default GrimThreeper is a scam artist, BEWARE!

I sold this guy a Japanese late war cloth sling. He received it and filed a claim through PayPal for a refund. He was supposed to send me back the sling for a refund. He sent me a screw from Sarco instead. I'm currently taking action with PayPal. I am beyond livid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200421_133433.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	3634905

hello
    i feel sorry for you , i was near to made a deal with him few weeks ago for a frog . Did he says you why he asked for a refund to paypal ?

maybe you should hide your adress on the packet .

Quote Originally Posted by Pphillips View Post
    I sold this guy a Japanese late war cloth sling. He received it and filed a claim through PayPal for a refund. He was supposed to send me back the sling for a refund. He sent me a screw from Sarco instead. I'm currently taking action with PayPal. I am beyond livid.

Name:	20200421_133433.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	3634905

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW. HE BOUGHT A LATE WAR CERAMIC GRENADE FROM ME AND A MONTH LATER FILED A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL. THEY TOLD HIM TO SEND ME THE GRENADE BACK AND THEY WOULD REFUND HIM THE MONEY. HE SEND ME A BOTTLE OF BLUING RUST REMOVER AND USED.......FAKE (NOT HIS OWN) ADDRESS FROM THE BROWNELLS FIREARM FINISH COMPANY OUT OF IOWA. BUT THE USPS TRACKING NUMBER ON THE PACKAGE ORIGINATES FROM BUFFALO NEW YORK.....AND HE LIVES IN TONAWANDA WHICH IS 12 MILES AWAY. HE ALSO POSTED THE TRACKING NUMBER TO PAYPAL. I HAVE FILED A COUNTER CLAIM AGAINST HIM. I ALSO SPOKE WITH MY LOCAL POST MASTER ABOUT THE PROBLEM. THINK I'm ALSO GOING TO FILE A POLICE REPORT.

Pphillips..................you and I need to talk !!!!!!

This SCAMMERS name is CORY CALOGERO

C Calogero
    63 Maple Street
    Tonawanda, NY 14150

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Yes, we need to talk. send me a PM with your number.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerfaust44 View Post
    I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW. HE BOUGHT A LATE WAR CERAMIC GRENADE FROM ME AND A MONTH LATER FILED A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL. THEY TOLD HIM TO SEND ME THE GRENADE BACK AND THEY WOULD REFUND HIM THE MONEY. HE SEND ME A BOTTLE OF BLUING RUST REMOVER AND USED.......FAKE (NOT HIS OWN) ADDRESS FROM THE BROWNELLS FIREARM FINISH COMPANY OUT OF IOWA. BUT THE USPS TRACKING NUMBER ON THE PACKAGE ORIGINATES FROM BUFFALO NEW YORK.....AND HE LIVES IN TONAWANDA WHICH IS 12 MILES AWAY. HE ALSO POSTED THE TRACKING NUMBER TO PAYPAL. I HAVE FILED A COUNTER CLAIM AGAINST HIM. I ALSO SPOKE WITH MY LOCAL POST MASTER ABOUT THE PROBLEM. THINK I'm ALSO GOING TO FILE A POLICE REPORT.

Pphillips..................you and I need to talk !!!!!!

This SCAMMERS name is CORY CALOGERO

C Calogero
    63 Maple Street
    Tonawanda, NY 14150

HE USES LEGIT ADDRESS'S FROM WHICH TO SHIP FROM. Scammers can do that when they print out USPS shipping labels from their PC...........BUT the tracking number will still pin point from where it was shipped from. Obviously not from Iowa.........but from New York.

He used the Brownell's Firearm chemical company from which to return to me (not the grenade he bought from me) a bottle of blue & rust remover.

Name:	DSC00093 (11).JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	3634937

I believe he is also JP78 the conversation crossed over in a thread asking about a bunch of jap rifles. Both are banned now . Jp78 got me for $1600 on venmo. Thank god I used a cc and recovered my money. It cost me my venmo account but so be it.

If hes using multiple accounts and what not I would suggest banning his IP. Sorry to hear this happened.

This was looked int prior to banning both of them, they are not the same person or IP.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

I'm sorry to hear this. I set up at local shows in the Buffalo area doing Japanese themed displays and I don't recognize his name.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Wish I had some connections to local PDs.

I had this same problem a couple of years a go. I didn't trust the buyer. I asked the Postal Carrier to watch as I opened the package. She stated the Postal Service would not allow them to get involved. I opened the package and sure enough he switched the item. I contacted the Local Police Department and told them I needed to file a police report for theft of my property. They came to the house, I explained what happened. I take images of everything I buy and sell. He took the report and filed a report. I contacted PayPal, explained what had happened and that I had filed a Police Report. They told me to send them an image of the Police Report which I did. PayPal refunded all of my money including the shipping charges. I asked them where did the money come from that they refunded. They sad they have his payment information on hand and just withdrew in from his account.
    This worked for me.
    kaydee

just a question, why did you guys him back money before you even receiving the products?

retail companies never send out a refund before they get back the product, so they can check if it's what they sent and to inspect the item before issuing a refund

if it was me, I would never send a penny to someone, not before I had a chance to inspect the item and verify for myself it was in the same condition as I sent it.

Quote Originally Posted by SfcRet View Post
    just a question, why did you guys him back money before you even receiving the products?

retail companies never send out a refund before they get back the product, so they can check if it's what they sent and to inspect the item before issuing a refund

if it was me, I would never send a penny to someone, not before I had a chance to inspect the item and verify for myself it was in the same condition as I sent it.
    you lost me here?

Quote Originally Posted by sfcret View Post

we didnt..................................paypal did it.

On the condition that this so called honest buyer would send us our items back.

Someone did the same to my now ex wife on a Coach watch, claimed it was scratched and wanted a hefty partial refund...it was brand new. We said send it back...empty coach box came back...

Filed with PP...got refunded in a cpl weeks....seems the 'buyer' had a bad track record so we didn't have to fight it to much.

I filed a police report and the officer was very nice and helpful. I also filed it with PayPal so I should be good to go.
    Just so everyone knows, his name is Cory Calogero, don't ever ship anything to Tonawanda NY to that name.

we didnt..................................paypal did it.

On the condition that this so called honest buyer would send us our items back.
    having never used that scam called paypal, how did they send back your money out of your account? did he just request paypal for the money back, and they transferred it back to him it? or did you release the money to him even before he sent the item back?

If you buy something from a person you don't know, PayPal holds the payment for you just in case its a scam, or defective or whatever. One you get your item and it's good to go, then PayPal releases that money to the seller. And thats a good thing.
    The problem is that this guy paid me $250, I sent the sling to him and then he asked to return it for a refund through PayPal. I agreed, and he sent me a buttplate screw to say "screw you". Paypal only knows that a package was delivered to my house, not whats in it.
    He's trying to keep my sling, AND get his money back. The money is still on hold in my PayPal account. Neither of us have access to it until this is finished.
    I hope that clears it up.

The problem is that this guy paid me $250, I sent the sling to him and then he asked to return it for a refund through PayPal. I agreed, and he sent me a buttplate screw to say "screw you".
    okkkkkkkkay, that doesn't make one bit of sense to me, why would you give him a refund before getting the sling back? no one that I know would even do that, be it a retail company or a individual.

Lol........thats not what happened, and I won't explain it again.

Pphillips, panzerfaust44, Thanks for alerting the community. This person is now on ebay as arisaka_dog, and he is making many purchases.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be keeping the board updated on this whole thing. Let you guys know what happens.

Removed the comment as this may not apply to the person mentioned by the OP.

The ebay person arisaka_dog had a type 38 book which ended early and had my bid canceled.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Homer2; 04-22-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."
    -David St.Hubbins

As soon as I saw Tonawanda NY mentioned I knew this guys been at it awhile here on GB and eBay. Here's a thread from December/January dealing with the same crook. It's comedic how he butted into a thread dealing with his other alias.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...arreled-Action

Please don't get this crook mixed up with me!
    "Americans, why can't everybody be like us"?

Ernie Pyle, Okinawa April 1 1945

I'm broke and I blame Fred Honeycutt

If that use name is accurate, he's been selling on GB recently too.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/865177219

What a brazen crook this creep is. I suspect karma will eventually catch up with him, in person.

well, that sure sounds like what you wrote is what happened. he asked for a refund, you gave him a refund through paypal, then he sent you a screw.

your own words

"The problem is that this guy paid me $250, I sent the sling to him and then he asked to return it for a refund through PayPal. I agreed, and he sent me a buttplate screw to say "screw you"."

so where am I wrong in this, "why would you give him a refund before getting the sling back?"

If you pay using PayPal, once the item is shipped, Paypal automatically takes the funds from your account or payment method. That is why you have to cover every step in the process. File a Police Report against the crook.
    kaydee

Quote Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
    If you pay using PayPal, once the item is shipped, Paypal automatically takes the funds from your account or payment method.
    ok, now I understand how paypal works, having never use it. I have only dealt with money orders, I had one issue the guy wanted his money back because it wasn't what he expected, even though I look 4 or 5 picture of the item...when the item came back to me, I examined to make sure he wasn't "pulling a fast one" then I mailed off his money minues the shipping cost

to me it looks like you got scammed twice, GrimThreeper and by paypal
    Last edited by SfcRet; 04-22-2020 at 11:10 AM.

No, PayPal did not scam me. He is USING PayPal to scam people. PayPal still has not released the funds to either of us, it's still on hold while I try to work with them to settle this. Let me be clear, none of this is PayPals fault, they have policies put in place to protect buyers and sellers, but those policies can be manipulated for scams. Even money orders can be fraudulent.

Either way, this guy doesn't know whats coming. Several other people on the boards have contacted me about being scammed by him, and we've been sharing information and filing official reports with our local PD's, USPS Inspectors office, and PayPal. The officer I spoke to yesterday said that based on the $ amount of the combined scams, and his clear intent to commit fraud, that his local prosecutor and federal USPS agents could get involved. If that's the case, he could actually be looking at real fed time. Time will tell.

ok, now I understand how paypal works, having never use it. I have only dealt with money orders, I had one issue the guy wanted his money back because it wasn't what he expected, even though I look 4 or 5 picture of the item...when the item came back to me, I examined to make sure he wasn't "pulling a fast one" then I mailed off his money minues the shipping cost

to me it looks like you got scammed twice, GrimThreeper and paypal

Just do not use PayPal!
    Use Postal Money orders, or Credit Cards.
    Never refund money until you have the item back.

Officials must have contacted the Scammer..........because I was given a refund by him through Paypal this morning.

Waiting to hear if Pphillips got his refund.

Nope, nothing yet. I know for a fact that my PD tried to reach out to him at his place of work, but he wouldn't answer his phone. There have been more developments though, I will keep everyone updated if you guys are interested.

Panzer, I'm going to send you a PM.

Officials must have contacted the Scammer..........because I was given a refund by him through Paypal this morning.

Waiting to hear if Pphillips got his refund.

This guy is either on here now under one or more aliases or he got a buddy that's watching and snitching.
    My 2

Oh I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by thielenjp View Post
    This guy is either on here now under one or more aliases or he got a buddy that's watching and snitching.
    My 2

Quote Originally Posted by lthilsdorf View Post
    If that use name is accurate, he's been selling on GB recently too.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/865177219
    Shows and "A" feedback with 5 sales, one of which was neutral. Only one other feedback shown, the other 3 are missing. Maybe something Gun Broker does to cover bad sellers.

Guys, he just bought a type 38 from me via gunbroker. I just received his C&R and a postal money order.
    Question for NY guys......it was my understanding that a C&R license holder can no longer receiver a firearm to their house.....must go to FFL. I just asked him that and he said that us NYC only ? He is upstate.
    Looking for correct answer. Thank you

I'm not a NY resident so I'm not sure about all that. But I would steer clear of this guy. If it were me I'd cancel the sale and send his check back, its other peoples money anyway.
    Just my 2cents.

Check feeback and responses on GB 862450127. Seems a bad buyer as well and have added "arisaka dog" to my GB (and elsewhere) blocked bidders list to avoid problems. Maybe you should too?

Quote Originally Posted by joezeta2 View Post
    Guys, he just bought a type 38 from me via gunbroker. I just received his C&R and a postal money order.
    Question for NY guys......it was my understanding that a C&R license holder can no longer receiver a firearm to their house.....must go to FFL. I just asked him that and he said that us NYC only ? He is upstate.
    From the last time I talked to the SAFE act hotline you could still use it to receive out of state, but in state purchases had to go through a dealer. So that’s OK.

Quote Originally Posted by joezeta2 View Post
    Sounds like there are a few guys who'd like to have that address.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagon View Post
    Sounds like there are a few guys who'd like to have that address.

His NAME and ADDRESS are posted up top by me for all to see.

He is also using 2 different emails............one of which is [email protected] other is.... [email protected]

Sorry, missed that. This scumbag will be lucky if the only people who show up at his door are the cops.

Yes, he's lucky I don't live close.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast