Vz 24 need help

Thread: Vz 24 need help

Default Vz 24 need help

I have a Vz 24 with all serials matching but the stock. It has a second serial that has been crossed out and german eagle Mark's. I inherited this and I'm looking to sell but I dont know enough about it to price it right. Can anyone help? Shoots beautifully with no issues I can recognize. It does have a crack in the stock. Any info about it would be helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200420_133027_1587605828738.jpg  

20200420_133056_1587605848340.jpg  

20200420_133050_1587605864014.jpg  

20200420_133043_1587605900764.jpg  

20200420_133111_1587605916285.jpg  

20200420_133204_1587605936205.jpg  

20200420_133157_1587605954933.jpg  

Welcome aboard.
    The plugged wrist hole & German markings indicate that this stock is native to an early G.24(t). End of any good news, & a bloody shame that she's cracked (as is the handguard, BTW - but those are easily found).
    The Vz barrelled action it contains is very common - & YMMV, but don't expect to retire upon the sale of this package.
    The upside: to the right collector, this uncommon stock may be still be worth some fair coin. Time will tell, & suggest keeping an eye on that PM inbox.

A good place to start would be the native trader here, but I believe that it requires a minimum post count to place a WTS ad.
    Either way, G'luck with it: https://forums.gunboards.com/forumdi...-listing-board

The stock had been re-serialed and the new number matches the receiver. The rifle had gone through a repair at some point and an available stock was put on it. It's not like factory matching but it's not mismatched, either, since the re-numbering was done while it was in service. I wouldn't part it out but keep it as is. The cracks hurt. I don't consider myself good at pricing - but would think it should be at least 400... maybe 500.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

The rifle itself is a Nazi reworked Vz-24 captured or confiscated from Czechoslovakian forces. The Nazis reworked many such rifles and re-issued them to second-line forces. The Waffen-SS also utilized many foreign made weapons.

The stock is not from a G24(t) since it's lacking the sling cutout slot. A G24(t) stock would also not have the rear sling swivel on the underside of the buttstock. Your stock is a Vz-24 stock that has had the wrist swivel plugged and a K98k type takedown ring installed where the original unit marking disk had been on the right side of the original Vz-24 stock.

The German modifications of Vz-24's are varied depending on timeframe and location of the rework.

Here's a link to some of my examples:

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...-of-small-arms

Given the stock damage, the value of $500 or so would be in the ballpark. You'd be able to get a higher price for it if you had it professionally repaired.

german refurbished piece, even the bolt was serialed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    german refurbished piece, even the bolt was serialed by them.

That's a nice bonus, all I own and most I've seen have at least the bolt mismatched. The bolt takedown lever is also German numbered matching.

On an original Vz-24, the only numbered components were the barrel, receiver, bolt and left side of the buttstock.

Amazing information. Thank you all who have posted thus far and may post after this one.

I am fascinated by the depth of your knowledge.

geladen is online now Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon

Just about all VZ24 rifles in the possession of the Czechoslovak Army which had been issued were taken by Germany. Unissued rifles were sold to Romania.

The Germans made various modifications to most rifles and no modifications to some.
    Every post I make is made with a request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Regards,
    Bill

All my Mausers (half of my collection) are here (Index is in post #1):
    https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?144316-Mausers-Only-Mausers

I largely forgot about this post. I am willing to sell this rifle but I live in New Jersey and acquired it as a gift so I have no idea how to move it legally if any of you are interested. Feel free to PM me. I am looking for a Mossberg 590a1 or similar which can go towards a trade as well.

You don't have a high enough post count to do PM's yet.

Oh thanks for the heads up, do you happen to know the number of posts necessary?

I think it might be 10 or more posts. Please email me if you would like.

Working off my phone I'm not sure how to pull up your email.

I just sent you a pm. Make sure you have pm’s turned on

So Exciting!!! Momentum building! Tension "palpable". Can't wait to learn how it all turns out! Err... But wait! Don't we have a "Want to Sell" Forum for this stuff? Maybe a Part Deux... To tune in there for the next exciting episode!
    Just in fun!!!
    Good luck with that sale!
    Best!
    John

Sorry folks, late checking in, I have to agree with iskra, this has turned into a WTS post and I suggest OP 12345678 move to the WTS Forum. Thanks to gunhorde for pointing this out, I am closing the thread.