Are you guys wearing masks and/or sheltering in place?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you guys wearing masks and/or sheltering in place?

Default Are you guys wearing masks and/or sheltering in place?

Or do you think it's no big deal and/or a fake news liberal hoax intended to do harm to America?
    Reason I ask is there seems to be more and more cases of workers at stores most of us visit who test positive.
    Everyone can understand old folks and prisoners in jail catching a dose because of the nature of their captivity (sort of like an airliner that stays on the ground) but now that the conservative state leaders are opening up or canceling restrictions I'm worried folks blinded by fox news will catch it too.

A Walmart in Worcester, Mass. closed Wednesday after city officials were notified via social media that 23 employees tested positive for COVID-19. The store was ordered closed until all 400 employees were tested and a deep cleaning was done. "Our inspectional services department will inspect the facility to make sure that the cleaning was done in compliance with our guidelines," Worcester City Manager Ed Augustus told WCVB.

As of Saturday, 391 employees were tested, and a total of 81 employees at the store tested positive for the virus, city officials confirmed. The earliest positive case was reported on April 8. While the store has had a cluster of cases in the last month, a bulk of the cases occurred in the last seven days, the Worcester Division of Public Health said. During an inspection on Tuesday, officials found that not all employees were wearing face coverings while working, customers were also seen shopping without personal protective gear.

I'm still working, and working with the public,

I do not wear a mask at work,
    my interactions are somewhat limited and we do our best to maintain 6 foot, but cannot always,
    we only allow 10 people in the store at a time,

if I do got in a grocery or convenience store, I do wear a mask, mostly to keep the wife happy,

we use a lot of hand sanitizer at work, wipe cases etc down with an anti viral cleaner, and wash our hands often,
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

We are pretty much sheltered in place but when we do go to a large store/supermarket we all wear masks. Not that it makes that much difference but we do make some effort incase it does actually make a difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

The mask... is of questionable effectiveness (but does block droplets directly in front of you aka the point of a surgical mask, to keep the wearer from spreading disease)

The rest, I thought that was just called NEET... IOW no life...
    Live, learn and be happy.
    Vic

yep.
    Alle Kunst ist umsonst, Wenn ein Engel in das ZŁndloch prunst.

Alabama has opened up for the most part . I am wearing a mask when I have to go into a store , I still use a plastic bag at the gas pump . I am not sure if this is a liberal -v- conservative issue . As a survival issue I know Liberal areas have been hit harder than conservative areas , even in places like the Big Easy , or Atlanta in the conservative South . So while not saying Conservative areas are ran in a smarter way than Liberal areas , the data seems to say you have a better chance of survival in a Conservative run area without a State run hospital system like NYC .

Surviving is one topic, catching it in the first place is quite another.
    Now that they finally admit that the virus is airborn and can infect from the normal exhalations and speaking by the infected AND can travel throughout a large room via the central HVAC vent system, it would seem to me that everybody should remain paranoid as hell no matter what state leaders allow or command.
    Sad thing (one among many others concerning the virus) is that any workers living in a state that mandates workers go to work or lose their unemployment checks and who stay home are screwed.
    Now I read that the fed govt is working to hold harmless any business who's workers get infected after being ordered back to work, even if it was against the will of the worker to return.

I got my mother out of the nursing home just as the first case in her wing was admitted to by the management. I had to wear N95 masks at home for 13 days while caring for mom. Luckily she does not seem to be infected.

Within three weeks, the wing had increased to 18 cases. They installed and scrubbers and filters in the AC system and as of last Wednesday had gone eight days without a new case. Particle and droplet only - no way.

I only wear a mask when I go to the store. Pa Gov. made it a requirement, and stores will turn you away if you dont have one on. Other than that that's really the only thing we are doing different. I'm outside in my yard as much as possible, went turkey hunting yesterday, trout fishing today. No one is being forced to stay home, and IMO these stories of people being ticketed by the cops for being out, are just that, stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Smith View Post
    I only wear a mask when I go to the store. Pa Gov. made it a requirement, and stores will turn you away if you dont have one on. Other than that that's really the only thing we are doing different. I'm outside in my yard as much as possible, went turkey hunting yesterday, trout fishing today. No one is being forced to stay home, and IMO these stories of people being ticketed by the cops for being out, are just that, stories.

Not when they make the news, including the ticket... lets not forget the Jews marching on NYNY for, ticketing FUNERALS. Wait, thats got national news coverage.
    Live, learn and be happy.
    Vic

I already live very rural, in an Arctic Alaska River Village, and camps too. We did a family/group isolation at the village and our kids went to camps (I have a busted left arm) and with travel restrictions in place , theres no village to village visiting, and since it takes a snogo, (now) boat (later) or aircraft to get here, there's just normal everyday life, yet, but the folks who leave for a rotation of a couple weeks of Oilfield work, remote maintenance , fishing or mining are being isolated at their remote work sites and haven't come home since mid March.

So far what evers being done to slow and maybe stop the spread has worked very very well, and thankfully nothing like what the 1918 Spanish Flu did to our immediate Southern neighbors....... were all, thankfully CV-19 free, and yet we maintain a distance, visit outside and come and go to hunt/fish/gather fire wood.
    We use masks when we go to the store, and only 5 are allowed in at a time.

Soon enough most of the village will be camping anyways and its never in groups, outside of family's. Being outside in fresh air, working and such, while sunshine disinfects, maintaining some distance required , while concentrating on taking care of the infirm and elderly, properly, has been the shift in our Village plan.
    Last edited by Caribou; 05-03-2020 at 07:34 PM.

I am sheltering in place for the most part. Family members are not social distancing in the home but they are grocery shopping at only one store and once every couple of weeks instead of shopping at multiple stores every week. I wear a mask and gloves when I have to go out.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Nope.

No mask and will only wear one if I go to a store that requires it. It will be a bandanna if I wear anything. Not really sheltering in place as I have been retired 14+ years. I do go to my coffee shop, but there are no tables to sit at so I come home with the coffee. I do miss my weekly day at the gym though. I do martial arts and miss going to the studio, however we do have classes on zoom, but it isnít the real thing. The one thing I really miss is my wifeís and I weekly breakfast we eat out. Oh well, it has saved me some money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rudy N
    1926 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
    1929 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
    1935 Tula 91/30
    1943 Izhevsk 91/30
    1943 Tula 91/30
    1943 Tula M38
    1944 Izhevsk M44
    1944 VKT M39
    SIG M28
    1943 SA M1Garand
    1943 Remington 1903A3
    BYF44 K98
    Saginaw SG M1Carbine

The only thing that has changed in our lives is not going to the gym in the mornings and not sitting down in our favorite restaurants about three times a week. We still go inside them and get carry out.
    We wear masks if it appears the places we go are more comfortable if we do so. We went on a walk about today to the Homer spit, off Homer Alaska, about a 150 mile round trip. Lots of boats going to the salt water and many travel trailers. Walked on the beach for a while then went to a little fish and chip place and bought lunch. They had masks on so I put mine on. They delivered the food out to our vehicle.
    Then we went to a neat little hardware that we always visit. They have a few firearms that interest me but only bought 22WRM ammo. About 25% of people had masks.
    Any way it was a nice change of pace. But there lots of people out driving, biking, and walking every where.
    Posts plus 1500 or so.
    He who would give up liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security.

there is no where to go to anyway except the grocery store and gas station, so I guess i'm shelter in place wheather i like it or not. and no don't wear a mask and gloves when I go out.

but, I got a call from the VA that i will have to wear a mask, when I come it for my 2nd shingle shot on the 15th. but as soon as I leave I'll throw the mask away

I wear a mask at the gun shop 3 days a week, per the governor's orders, and when I go to stores. Other than that I work around the house and go to the range without a mask. No need as there ain't nobody within 100+ feet at any time.
    I really do not understand the people who protest this basic need...all they are doing is potentially spreading a virus to others, INCLUDING THEIR LOVED ONES. Just plain foolish BS. Buck up, Rosebud, and put on the stupid mask!
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Not only "No" but "**** No".

I am also working every day, 7 a week.
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

No not at all. Soon even the least of us will feel had.

Yep , if I leave the house, RJ's work station is a level 3 bio containment, has been for the better part of 30 years, and has never brought her work home in all that time. We have a pretty good HEPA system on the central air and a couple UV-C air scrubbers in strategic locations just to make sure, only the UV-C scrubbers are new for the corona virus , otherwise just the normal considerations for a Microbiologist working Level 3 more often than not at work. Daughter has much more direct patient contact , hooking folks up for tests and what not , but she's a smart and professional kid, takes after her Mom. Better safe than sorry.
    Three People to never believe

A Religious Leader who tells you how to Vote

A Politician who tells you how to Pray

And

A Draft Dodger who tells you how to be a Patriot

And Smiling Bob

Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country.Ē
    ó PATRICK HENRY

https://orders.stansberryresearch.co...T137955&page=1

I have sort of a mental time clock running in my head on a three week time table so that I'm pretty sure a particular past outdoor expedition did not infect me.
    We do curbside delivery only on groceries now, and pick up fast food once a week.

I wear a mask when out in public-even where I expect to maintain 6’ from others. I may maintain 6’, but others don’t always bother!

My wife claims that wearing the mask improves my looks..........

Ha! I got the same loving speech!
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

I always wear a mask to stores. Was wearing gloves too, depends. Got hand sanitizer in truck to use getting back in. Wear mask and gloves at a couple flooring jobs I've done in the past couple weeks. Customers also wearing masks and supply hand sanitizer.
    Glad Costco put the hammer down on wearing a mask. I was in line and some old codger kept trying to stand within a couple feet of me, no mask. I publicly shamed him and told him to back the F__k off! I was about to get violent as I had to tell him twice.
    If you don't want to wear a mask because God told you not to or you think it violates the constitution, stay away from me or my constitution will violate you.

Old codgers can be unpredictable and violent. Most are in pain with short tempers. Many here have ccw's and not much to lose.

No state lock down, just partial closings, but things are opening back up. This area pretty much no masks (maybe 1 out of 20), no gloves, if people are using hand sanitizer or wipes I don't see it. Moderate social distancing, if at all.
    No cases locally, don't know anyone who has gotten it and don't know anyone who does.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

wink2

.broke my partia fist week I locked down.
    l ..I will ware this mask when out.. till I get new choppers and beyond ,..
    it kinda odd going to pharmacy yesterday..Gun on hip, masked in line For meds.
    robber or customer ?
    in line customer..
    jumping to head of line gun pulled itís a robbery..hope they know the routine...?
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 05-14-2020 at 07:27 PM.
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    Old codgers can be unpredictable and violent. Most are in pain with short tempers. Many here have ccw's and not much to lose.
    I fit that description although I don't look my age. AZ is constitutional carry, I always carry and have a good sized fixed hunting knife on me at all times. Both concealed.
    Don't Violate My Airspace

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    Attachment 3645567..broke my partia fist week I locked down.
    l ..I will ware this mask when out.. till I get new choppers and beyond ,..
    it kinda odd going to pharmacy yesterday..Gun on hip, masked in line For meds.
    robber or customer ?
    in line customer..
    jumping to head of line gun pulled it’s a robbery..hope they know the routine...?

Haha, really throws off the deep state from spying on ya too!

Yes..and covers many missing teeth...a smiling! Construction very easy!
    small real mask string goes over ears..
    the Velcro strap I added for back curvature of skull..
    if a man could manufacture these in different countries flags...all nations..
    nationality of our families linages could be a thing of pride....
    my thinking...
    even smileys...mask.?
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 05-13-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Respectfully understanding.
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Around here, some stores won't let you in without masks. If I go alone, I wear a mask about 70% of the time.. especially if lowes or walmart. If the wife is with me.. 100% of the time.. though she has only left the house like 3 times in 2 months.. she's in the high risk age category.. so I try to keep her at the house and when i come home from going out I toss clothes into washer and take a rinse off shower in case anything stuck to me.. just being over-safe.

I'm tired of being at home.. worried about work.. we need to re open. Florida is doing GREAT on numbers.. we are multiple times better than some states.. our positivity rate last week was 6x lower than california.

When Our Gov opened the state I was happy for 6.3 seconds untill he decided to ignore his re-open task force recomendations,a nd the Presidents re-open recomendations and not allow 50% for restaurants.. that basically keeps MOST closed restaurants still closed... too much staffing cost to unlock the doors and then basically let no one it. Sure, burger joints already doing drive thru can do this.. but not a real restaurant... it's sad, annoying ... and the florida unemployment issue is doing a musical chairs pass the buck blame game now.

The head of the DEO, and the Ag commissioner need to be flushed, and the Gov needs a come to Jesus meeting for letting these things go on his watch...
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

When I go to a Maryland store I do the mask ,at home here in WV ,NO .

I don't particular like people, so this "social distancing" gets a thumbs up by me

now, all I need is a constitutional amendment to make it permeant and I'll be happy as a clam

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy View Post
    Around here, some stores won't let you in without masks. If I go alone, I wear a mask about 70% of the time.. especially if lowes or walmart. If the wife is with me.. 100% of the time.. though she has only left the house like 3 times in 2 months.. she's in the high risk age category.. so I try to keep her at the house and when i come home from going out I toss clothes into washer and take a rinse off shower in case anything stuck to me.. just being over-safe.

I'm tired of being at home.. worried about work.. we need to re open. Florida is doing GREAT on numbers.. we are multiple times better than some states.. our positivity rate last week was 6x lower than california.

When Our Gov opened the state I was happy for 6.3 seconds untill he decided to ignore his re-open task force recomendations,a nd the Presidents re-open recomendations and not allow 50% for restaurants.. that basically keeps MOST closed restaurants still closed... too much staffing cost to unlock the doors and then basically let no one it. Sure, burger joints already doing drive thru can do this.. but not a real restaurant... it's sad, annoying ... and the florida unemployment issue is doing a musical chairs pass the buck blame game now.

The head of the DEO, and the Ag commissioner need to be flushed, and the Gov needs a come to Jesus meeting for letting these things go on his watch...
    2 comments.

1) stores mandating face coverings are already being set up for lawsuits. Even if they are within their "no shirt no service" rights the lawsuits will come simply cause many lawyers are looking for work right now. Seems Costco is in their sites right now. Do plan to go during the new "geiser" hours and take mine off with my body cam going. Could be interesting.

2) Wife just got her long awaited dental appt for next week. She was instructed to leave me in the car by the Dr. I requested that a window be left down a little.

I am retired, and live in a very rural area. I do wear a mask when shopping because it is socially expected. Do I think it is a hoax? yes.

No mask or latex gloves for me. I wash my hands very frequently and have a small circle of freinds and family. I wont live in fear but am cautious.

Disabled so it only affects me when I go out and am forced to wear a bandana. Since you asked,... it is all BS and about population reduction and control. The current CDC guidelines only serve to weaken the individual's immune system so that when things are finally reopened, cases will spike and be more serious causing additional fear.

It is all about getting us to willingly give up our rights, one way, or the other!

My grandpa died last week from the hoax.
    Last edited by IamElmerJFudd; 05-06-2020 at 06:43 PM.

My wife and I are staying home, wearing masks and disposable gloves when we have to shop. This tough on all but so is dying or having a family or friend get sick

I was a FEMA instructor trainer and ran a scenario with an avian flu (no human resistance) that unfolded a lot like this, so I was prepared. What I wasn't prepared for was that my local hospital and first responders wouldn't be.

They could have locked us down and I'd have been fine for 6-8 months without leaving the house. However, they started asking for PPE and such all over, so I took most of what I had to the Post Office, police station and most of it to the hospital...had disposible cover alls, masks, gloves, and such. Gave about $1500 worth of gear away.

I could stay home. Wife was out East awaiting the birth of our grandson. (Mission accomplished!) Kept a couple of boxes of gloves and a few masks.

Have only been out about 6 times in 12 wks, today being the most recent for plants for the garden. Local stores all require masks.

Quote Originally Posted by SockMonkey View Post
    My grandpa died last week from the hoax.
    Sorry to hear.

The idea that we are supposed to be safe going out to the businesses that will be allowed to reopen next week kind of worries me. I have to wonder why we should be safe next week if we aren't safe this week. Suggesting that we are going to be safe next week when we are not safe doing the same activities this week seems absurd. It reminds me of how I felt perfectly safe staying at home and not going to a shelter through Hurricane Andrew in 1992 because my house was two miles outside of the evacuation zone. Apparently, nobody had mentioned that to the damn hurricane. Will COVID-19 be less contagious next week? Nobody really knows.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

At my age (66) I have never seen another agent kill as many people as fast as Covid-19 has, so I take it seriously. Also, when I was a child a virus almost killed me and left me with a damaged respiratory system. I know very well what it feels like to be so weak you can hardly move and each breath seems to come harder and harder. I reached a point back then that I stopped caring. Just wanted it over one way or another. The country is at 72,000 deaths as of today. I hope I see 2021, if I don't my kids will be selling some nice firearms. GOD BLESS TO EVERYONE.
    vwman.

Sorry for your loss, SockMonkey. You have my condolences.

Navyair, congratulations on the new grandson. Stay safe.
    Regards, Alan K.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast