Are you guys wearing masks and/or sheltering in place? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Are you guys wearing masks and/or sheltering in place?

Quote Originally Posted by staffy View Post
    This conversation reminds me of Nero fiddling while Rome burnt. Unfortunately the poor old US is not a model to be followed.
    Your comment reminds me that a C is an average grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    To answer the original posts question,

Im up for saying I havent sheltered at all in place and I have but dont use a mask; We have the BEST quarantine possible for the last couple months....Were tenting around the great big wide open, the wife, daughter Carol and I roam the tundra and Ocean/rivers with our feet, snowgo and when it melted and broke up, Were boating now. Masks are required in the stores, post office and any public gatherings that social distancing will allow. ( a couple funerals, services and burial were at the site, outside, with walk by viewing and such)
    Out in the Ocean and on our small Kiwalik River, we have only crossed paths with other hunters and locals, and kept to our own boats while talking. Here at Noorvik, on Kobuk river, People stand outside and chat, but its pretty hard to have to tell the grandkids they cant come in or gimme a hug....

Came to Noorvik 2 days ago to get supplies since were not able to access any of the villages that are much closer to our Spring/Summer camp.

Have to quarantine ourselfs for 2 weeks in this house, or outside 10 feet distance. The kids checked the house while we were gone, and the mail and threw our stuff on our bed as it arrived.

No problem, its quiet, were resting and the store will deliver everything to our boat or doorstep. Gonna level the house and work on a shop Im building, although it was planned for later inthe summer, this Covid stuff is a pain in the butt, as our Daughter Carol both turned 18 in June and graduated in May.....at camp.....but she made the most of it, as could be done :D
    If we want to come or go from our North West Arctic borough, they test you at the airport apon arriving and leaving and you need a certified test within 3 days just to fly to Alaska. So far 5 have been found either in Anchorage on their way here and a couple as they arrived, but didnt leave the airport, thankfully.

This area stopped the 1918Spanish flu with total Quarantine

Hahaha... It's a good time over there.
    Good story too, brought smiles.

Staffy,

I know that freedom and debate must seem scary with all the different points of view coming together. That is why we are the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave because it takes grit, courage, and faith in your fellow citizen sometimes when your government is not your babysitter.

We have three new families moving into the neighborhood. All from Michigan and they all moved here after the Governor began trying to enact an "emergency clause" of the Constitution that does not exist. While there are few counties that limited areas as mandatory for wearing of masks and that is actually being changed as we speak by county attorneys....

Most people wear a mask because it is the adult thing to do. Most mask wearers however do not wear them properly or have the correct equipment. There is a huge amount of ignorance in that department. Either way, when I go out and run errands, the vast majority are doing the right thing with social distancing and taking precautions no Nanny-state required. While everyone is aware it is not over yet and the number of cases has increased dramatically...the death rate continues to plummet. Our daily death rate was ONE. The average age of the state is 40 years old and the average age of the corona virus positive population is 29. The number of cases has risen for weeks without a corresponding increase in the death rate. That is good news and our debates over our freedoms are appropriate.

Just like the rioters the US has experienced the non-mask wearer is a very small minority of people who have been given attention that far exceeds their actual weight.

Now I am going to go enjoy my Freedom and Celebrate my Countries Independence Day with a big outdoor barbecue by the pool.
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-04-2020 at 11:49 AM.

The real problem is fake news. The left now controls almost all the information and you cannot believe 90% of what is reported and even trust the remaining 10%. Many eagerly and voluntarily rush to report what they have heard without basis or verification. Wear your masks , feel socially acceptable but reserve your judgement and be ready for the next level of control to imposed be on you.

I think the world is sick and dieing....
    from lack of cleanliness...
    mentally, physically, economically, and ethically bottomed out..
    noting to date since I was born ..
    Completely compares to this many causal relationships Mis functionality!
    without a clue to all processes causing, stopping ..events at sources....And the true is t in a y of it all..
    so my abstract.
    shelter mostly, cover mostly eat healthy fresh produce because it may get cut short at harvest?
    no visitors...unless on porch..
    no contact with pork products..( except bacon smoked, salted seasonings and safer)
    eat fresh healthy ..lock downs can happen in one notice from DHHR !
    FDR..news concerning food production and needs awareness food safeties, productions or shut downs related to import exports ..laws, and tariffs, viruses..
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 07-05-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

I've not felt the need to wear a mask and it is unlikely there will be a need to do so, as it is 55 days since we have had a locally contracted case of the virus. Generally people have understood how the virus is transmitted and have acted in a sensible manner. The death rate to date, in our State, is less than 3 per million.
    Fortunately the politicians have stood back and taken advice from a panel comprising medical/allied professions, who are at the forefront of any decision making. It seems to work well, except in one particular State where there has been a breakdown in the quarantine of returned residents from S/E Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    The real problem is fake news. The left now controls almost all the information and you cannot believe 90% of what is reported and even trust the remaining 10%. Many eagerly and voluntarily rush to report what they have heard without basis or verification. Wear your masks , feel socially acceptable but reserve your judgement and be ready for the next level of control to imposed be on you.
    What you are saying is....you don't know what to believe. Small wonder given your media choices....Not everyone feels as lost as you when it comes to discerning fact from fiction. Maybe you can learn from others, find your way out of the fog. Or choose to stay in it for all anyone cares.

Masks.... people can think of them like pants for their face, while the epidemic is ongoing. Maybe some people would like to go out with no pants, but really others don't really want to see THAT. So wear pants, wear a mask. Because the one has as much to do with personal freedom as the other, and both will make the world a slightly easier place for others to endure.

As I've said before, I wear the mask when inside a public building such as the supermarket or at Wal-Mart or other such place. That said, I will NOT wear one when Im outside as long as I'm able to keep a safe distance from people. And I damn sure am not wearing one on my own property. Being an adult means be.ing able to make decisions on your own. I dont need the state mandating the wearing of a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Smith View Post
    As I've said before, I wear the mask when inside a public building such as the supermarket or at Wal-Mart or other such place. That said, I will NOT wear one when Im outside as long as I'm able to keep a safe distance from people. And I damn sure am not wearing one on my own property. Being an adult means be.ing able to make decisions on your own. I dont need the state mandating the wearing of a mask.
    Exactly. All that is needed is people to exercise common sense and take individual responsibility for their own safety. That being said, my daughter shared a very disturbing piece of information with me yesterday evening. She is in her 3rd year of college.

She told me that many of her friends express an idea that the concept of individual responsibility is obsolete given the "enormity of the problems" facing her generation. They reason that individual responsibility cannot overcome collective problems such as "climate change" and "racism". Therefore we must have a collective response.

This is very much flawed reasoning but it seems to be encouraged by our Universities and media. Individual responsibility is paramount and is the foundation of any collective effort. Psychologically the idea individual responsibility is obsolete is nothing more than an excuse for an individuals inadequacy hiding behind virtue signaling. This idea is also why you see so many of our young population ignoring the individual responsibility of wearing a mask or social distancing. It is not just them being young and feeling indestructible. It is the belief that an individual centric society cannot overcome the collective problems that in their mind, require a collective centric society.

People need to take individual responsibility for their own situation and safety during this pandemic. It is a great opportunity to show them how wrong they are about individual freedoms.

Many people in the world see the openness and freedom we have as "failing" during this pandemic. I do not think that is true at all. We have first world nation medical problems that are reflected in our death rates too. Our population lives longer and lives with conditions that are fatal in the 2nd or 3rd world.

The virus does not care what political system is in place. It kills human beings who are infected at the same rate no matter who is running the Government. All that changes is the openness and honesty of that Political system. We did not have the ventilator shortages and medicine shortages much of the world experienced. In fact, we have been supplying much of the worlds most vulnerable with the medications and equipment they need. We have been honest brokers whose only real concern is our fellow human beings.

What we do not need is Government dictation or destruction of our free society.
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-05-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamElmerJFudd View Post
    That's alright. I wouldn't be flying anytime soon anyway. I don't want to breathe recirculated airplane air and get packed in tight with people who aren't using proper masks and safety precautions. Some of the airlines are going to start filling every seat again too, not that it makes any difference since they never enforced social distancing anyway.
    Airplane air IS NOT "recirculated".

Airplanes are pressurized, they are pressurized by a CONSTANT in-flow of air from the engine compressors (1 or more) against the constant "leakage" out-flow of air, typically at the rear of the cabin, through the Cabin Pressure Regulator Valves (and through door seals, minor mis-sealings of structure, etc etc.).

This is how the entire pressurized part of the airplane is kept pressurized to an altitude of 9,000 feet (roughly).

If the Outflow is ever higher than the Inflow, cabin pressure falls, Payne Stuart, golfer, deceased about 2 decades now, because of a stuck Cabin Pressurization Valve (they used to be very problematic when smoking was allowed in airplanes).
    Valve stuck while climbing altitude, slow drop in pressure, hypoxia, everyone went to sleep, then died, the 35 eventually ran out of fuel on Autopilot and came down.

At full limit altitude (51k feet) of one of my Lears (I work for them (24 years), I don't own any), the cabin is pressurized about 9psi above ambient outside those windows.+

In fact, that Cabin Air is effectively "sterilized" as well, having been first heated by compression (to well over 200*F (exactly depends on many factors)), then bled off to the environmental system to be cooled and directed as the pilot sees fit.

So, just get seating in First Row in First Class and you are golden, no-one sitting "upwind" of you.
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
    The cabin air on a Part 121 passenger jet comes from the 1000 degree combustion chamber of the turbine engines. It is then cooled by the packs to conditioned air and runs thru a huge HEPA filter by the time it reaches the cabin. Generally speaking the air flows from the ceiling to the floor and is exhausted out of the pressure vessel using a controlled leak to maintain pressure. There is a complete atmospheric exchange every 5 minutes. It is the almost the exact same over-pressure process that CDC labs use as a safety measure when studying high risk pathogens like Ebola or Anthrax. That is why the CDC says your "zone of infection" goes down to just a couple of feet inside of an aircraft instead of the 6-13 feet on the ground.

The airlines have also standardized disinfecting the aircraft before and after each flight with a mandatory deep disinfection at night or during the aircraft's daily down period for maintenance using the same procedures Hospitals use

In other words, you are safer being on a modern Passenger jet than you are at the Grocery store.
    Sorry davidsong,, CLOSE, but no cigar.

Cabin air is bled off from BEFORE the combustor (or you would also be bleeding Burned Kerosene Fumes), but, depending on the engine, which compressor stage they bleed from, the air may well be upwards of 400*F (drawn from the last 1 or 2 stages before combustion). If drawn earlier, it'll be cooler, but, also under less pressure, but is still likely to be over 200*F, very much "sanitary" from that much heat.
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgunsguy View Post
    What you are saying is....you don't know what to believe. Small wonder given your media choices....Not everyone feels as lost as you when it comes to discerning fact from fiction. Maybe you can learn from others, find your way out of the fog. Or choose to stay in it for all anyone cares.

Masks.... people can think of them like pants for their face, while the epidemic is ongoing. Maybe some people would like to go out with no pants, but really others don't really want to see THAT. So wear pants, wear a mask. Because the one has as much to do with personal freedom as the other, and both will make the world a slightly easier place for others to endure.
    Actually, with experience in Military Intelligence , advanced PPE and epidemiology am sorry to say I'm pretty sure I know exactly what is going on: WAR on the US. First page in the Intell book is attacking the enemy (us) by dissemination of false information. Our beloved media has no fear of retribution and is committed confuse and frighten for profit. Then there's the use of the so called covid 19 virus as a propaganda weapon. Named to make maximum effect, I doubt its more than another flu mutation. The supposed death tolls are very questionable given the source but not the motive. Now that the WHO are known liars and the Leadership of the CDC is in question its up to the populace to decide for themselves. Last night that the effect of this war seems clear. Open defiance of every Health and safety regulation you can think of. Large mortar launches in dense neighborhoods, parking lots, actual gunfire and open mocking of mask wearers. It is the coalition of the Democratic party with the enemies of the United State to Misinform, confuse, frighten and ultimately cause rebellion in the ranks. Choose your enemy wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstuffer View Post
    Sorry davidsong,, CLOSE, but no cigar.

Cabin air is bled off from BEFORE the combustor (or you would also be bleeding Burned Kerosene Fumes), but, depending on the engine, which compressor stage they bleed from, the air may well be upwards of 400*F (drawn from the last 1 or 2 stages before combustion). If drawn earlier, it'll be cooler, but, also under less pressure, but is still likely to be over 200*F, very much "sanitary" from that much heat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conditioned air.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	3684721

Name:	turbine engine.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	3684729

Name:	High pressure bleed air.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	478.6 KB 
ID:	3684731

Technically you are correct but are sniping at my simple explanation meant for laymen. It was not my intention to teach aircraft mechanics getting this far into the weeds on a gun enthusiast board. You are not correct as to the temperature is the temps found in the combustion chamber level. To be clear it is not the temperature of combustion which would melt the engine. Your car engine is never the temperature of combustion either so that is a totally silly assumption.

Not all aircraft are the same but this system is pretty common on transport catagory Aircraft.

As to fumes, the high temperature bleed air is separated and filtered as it runs thru the system by the packs. This is not only a tested question in initial but every year at recurrent. The Bleed air Temperature at the HPV is between 850C and 1200C. You are correct and our system also draws from much cooler 6th stage to run much of the system. The 6th stage HPV valve shutdown and flow is prevented by a check valve as the system draws from the just aft of the 10th stage. When you turn on the packs though, it draws from the 10th stage and is the 850 -1200C which is combustion chamber temperatures and as hot as can be drawn from the engine without melting the metal.

The air has already been heated to between 200 and 550 °C by the work done in the compressor, giving a temperature rise requirement of around 650 to 1150 °C from the combustion process.
    https://cs.stanford.edu/people/erobe...lanes/how.html

Simply put, the 10th stage is the rotor/ stator pair on the combustion side. In the otto cycle, SUCK and SQUEEZE are done and BANG is what follows.
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-05-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    Actually, with experience in Military Intelligence , advanced PPE and epidemiology am sorry to say I'm pretty sure I know exactly what is going on: WAR on the US. First page in the Intell book is attacking the enemy (us) by dissemination of false information. Our beloved media has no fear of retribution and is committed confuse and frighten for profit. Then there's the use of the so called covid 19 virus as a propaganda weapon. Named to make maximum effect, I doubt its more than another flu mutation. The supposed death tolls are very questionable given the source but not the motive. Now that the WHO are known liars and the Leadership of the CDC is in question its up to the populace to decide for themselves. Last night that the effect of this war seems clear. Open defiance of every Health and safety regulation you can think of. Large mortar launches in dense neighborhoods, parking lots, actual gunfire and open mocking of mask wearers. It is the coalition of the Democratic party with the enemies of the United State to Misinform, confuse, frighten and ultimately cause rebellion in the ranks. Choose your enemy wisely.
    Yes we are seeing the middle moving to the late stages of the latent and incipient phase of a Marxist style insurgency. The attempt at infiltrating the education system to ensure loyal insurgents, control of information thru sympathetic media, silencing of opposition, attempts at undermining the ability of the Government to secure its citizens, and most importantly the defining feature....avocation of violence combined with the assertion the system must be replaced.

Latent and Incipient Phase

This phase ranges from circumstances in which insurgent activity is only a potential threat (latent or incipient) to incidents and activities which occur frequently and in an organized pattern. This phase involves no major outbreak of violence or uncontrolled insurgent activity.Starting from a relatively weak position, the insurgents plan and organize their campaign and select initial urban or rural target areas. They make basic decisions regarding ideology and determine fundamental leadership relationships. They also establish overt and covert organizations. If the insurgents' movement is illegal, the organizations they create are normally covert; if their movement is legal, they may establish overt Organizations. A covert control element should exist in either case. Throughout this period, the insurgents use PSYOP to--
    • Exploit grievances.
    • Influence the populace.
    • Heighten expectations.
    • Promote the loyalty of insurgent members.

As the insurgents consolidate their initial plans, their organization coalesces into a shadow government. After this, they concentrate on--
    • Gaining influence over the populace.
    • Infiltrating government, economic, and social organizations.
    • Challenging the government's administrative ability.
    • Recruiting, organizing, and training armed elements.

Various elements may attack government forces. They may also carry out intimidation activities and some minor military operations (CHOP and the taking of Police Precincts). These tactics gain additional influence over the populace, provide arms for the movement, and damage the government's public image by demonstrating its inability to provide adequate security. In this first phase, the groundwork is laid for broad external support needed to expand the insurgency.
    https://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...0/10020apd.htm

These groups are laying the foundation for a Marxist style insurgency with the goal of destroying our system and replacing it with their own.

They are already well into infiltrating Government, economic, and social organizations. Some states such as New York are already teaching their ideology in our classrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljXduxcquM

Our Right to Keep and Bear arms must be preserved and the moderates in society must oppose it on every level if we are to avoid the violence that comes with such tactics.
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-05-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Yes we are seeing the middle moving to the late stages of the latent and incipient phase of a Marxist style insurgency. The attempt at infiltrating the education system to ensure loyal insurgents, control of information thru sympathetic media, silencing of opposition, attempts at undermining the ability of the Government to secure its citizens, and most importantly the defining feature....avocation of violence combined with the assertion the system must be replaced.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...0/10020apd.htm

These groups are laying the foundation for a Marxist style insurgency with the goal of destroying our system and replacing it with their own.

They are already well into infiltrating Government, economic, and social organizations. Some states such as New York are already teaching their ideology in our classrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljXduxcquM

Our Right to Keep and Bear arms must be preserved and the moderates in society must oppose it on every level if we are to avoid the violence that comes with such tactics.
    Russia #1
    China #2
    N Korea #3
    Don't Violate My Airspace

Quote Originally Posted by Estaban View Post
    Russia #1
    China #2
    N Korea #3
    Follow the money.

BLM began in 2013 when three activist friends created the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag to protest the allegations of shooting of an unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin by a white Hispanic block watchman, George Zimmermann. Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi were all were connected with and financed by front groups tied to something called Freedom Road Socialist Organization, one of the four largest radical left organizations in the United States formed out of something called New Communist Movement that dissolved in the 1980s.
    We have been here before with the same bad actors re branded with nice names.

Alicia Garza of BLM is also a board member or executive of five different Freedom Road front groups including 2011 Board chair of Right to the City Alliance, Board member of School of Unity and Liberation (SOUL), of People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER), Forward Together and Special Projects director of National Domestic Workers Alliance.The Right to the City Alliance got $6.5 million between 2011 and 2014 from a number of very established tax-exempt foundations including the Ford Foundation ($1.9 million), from both of George Soros’s major tax-exempts–Open Society Foundations, and the Foundation to Promote Open Society for $1.3 million. Also the cornflake-tied Kellogg Foundation $250,000, and curiously, Ben & Jerry’s Foundation (ice cream) for $30,000.
    Garza also got major foundation money as Executive Director of the FRSO front, POWER, where Obama former “green jobs czar” Van Jones, a self-described “communist” and “rowdy black nationalist,” now with CNN, was on the board. Alicia Garza also chaired the Right to the City Alliance, a network of activist groups opposing urban gentrification. That front since 2009 received $1.3 million from the Ford Foundation, as well as $600,000 from the Soros foundations and again, Ben & Jerry’s ($50,000). And Garza’s SOUL, which claimed to have trained 712 “organizers” in 2014, when she co-founded Black Lives Matter, got $210,000 from the Rockefeller Foundation and another $255,000 from the Heinz Foundation (ketchup and John Kerry family) among others. With the Forward Together of FRSO, Garza sat on the board of a “multi-racial organization that works with community leaders and organizations to transform culture and policy to catalyze social change.” It officially got $4 million in 2014 revenues and from 2012 and 2014, the organization received a total of $2.9 million from Ford Foundation ($655,000) and other major foundations.
    Nigeria-born BLM co-founder Opal Tometi likewise comes from the network of FRSO. Tometi headed the FRSO’s Black Alliance for Just Immigration. Curiously with a “staff” of two it got money from major foundations including the Kellogg Foundation for $75,000 and Soros foundations for $100,000, and, again, Ben & Jerry’s ($10,000). Tometi got $60,000 in 2014 to direct the group.
    The Freedom Road Socialist Organization that is now openly calling for a revolution against capitalism in the wake of the Floyd George killing has another arm, The Advancement Project, which describes itself as “a next generation, multi-racial civil rights organization.” Its board includes a former Obama US Department of Education Director of Community Outreach and a former Bill Clinton Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights. The FRSO Advancement Project in 2013 got millions from major US tax-exempt foundations including Ford ($8.5 million), Kellogg ($3 million), Hewlett Foundation of HP defense industry founder ($2.5 million), Rockefeller Foundation ($2.5 million), and Soros foundations ($8.6 million).
    The big hitters came after 2016 when American rejected the Progressive Movement at the voting booth.

By 2016, the presidential election year where Hillary Clinton was challenging Donald Trump, Black Lives Matter had established itself as a well-organized network. That year the Ford Foundation and Borealis Philanthropy announced the formation of the Black-Led Movement Fund (BLMF), “a six-year pooled donor campaign aimed at raising $100 million for the Movement for Black Lives coalition” in which BLM was a central part. By then Soros foundations had already given some $33 million in grants to the Black Lives Matter movement. This was serious foundation money.
    https://theduran.com/americas-own-co...obal-research/

Soros is a currency trader. He makes his money when the currency markets are in crisis. He kept Eastern Europe in turmoil and collapse of the British Pound. He has ruined many a savings and retirement fund for the little guy overseas.

He is famous for speculating against the pound in 1992, contributing to its collapse and exit from the EU exchange rate mechanism (ERM), the forerunner of the euro.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-33951453

George Soros is pouring money into Chinese stocks.
    https://www.forbes.com/2009/11/13/so...l#6810f11c6e86
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-05-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Can add Rebecca Peters of gun control to the list of Soros beneficiaries.

David you have a bunch or stuff backwards.. In just explaining what you don't seem to understand.. mot going to argue. I've traded FX ( foreign exchange aka foreign money) there are free dummy acounts if you want tp try it.. everything is real but the money look up FX training accounts .

anyway traders don't crash currency .. nations crash their currency through debt deficits and policy

traders like Soros or me or banks trade currency pairs based of the relative strength as shown by inflation rates or deflationary rates one against the other .. the country and it's economy determine that .. traders just bet it goes on way of the other

if you think the relative value ( exchange rate) between the British Pound is going to go up against , for example, the Swiss Franc you buy Pounds with Francs ,Pound goes up you sell for more Francs than when you bought it .. you either need to have Francs to buy something or exchange them for another currency you need .. but you usually have to wait for the transaction to be in your favor again.. most folks that trade for fun or profit stick to their native currency v somebody else ..
    the margins are usually so slim that it's hard to best the ask/offer spread like any other commodity .. because of this they allow crazy high margins routinely 10X is common 50X is not unheard of

for most folks the secret to making a Million dollars in FX is to start with a Billion dollars

countries can manipulate by FIAT Not to long ago back during the 2008 thing thereabouts the Swiss tied the value of the Franc to either the Euro or the Dollar don't remember which instead of just letting it float a lot of monet was betting of the floating value and the country changed the game to the Factors affecting the Euro instea of the Franc and a lot of folks go hurt, but a lot of folks that would have bet wrong misread the intel made a mint because of the switch
    I played without margin , just to see how it was done made lost pennies off 1 mill ( 1/000 of a cent ) moves

the currency isn't like a hard commodity , trading it doesn't change it .. internal national policy does

Folks bet on the Chinese Yuan/ Renminbi against whoever almost exclusively based on what value the Chinese "Fed" will adjust it to .. not on any market factors

floating currency is slightly more affected by markets as a very soft commodity sort a it's still policy debt deficit, but only as it effects the exchange rate with a specific currency or group .. currencies of nation they don't trade with factor less than countries thathave big contract and how much anation wants to sweeten the pot by giving "discounts on thier money to close a deal or how much of a deficit the are running might affect the worth in the future
    So Soros just read the stars better his trade whatever it happen to be was paper money against paper money .. and he won so big that the Bank of England hand to create money to cover it .. or default .. they could have defaulted they weren't an actual party to the trade they could just say won't print the money digitally create the money so Soros could be paid and take the credit hit ( which would further crash the pound,, they were way over extended and couldn't defend the Pound's value by other currency exchanges or back it with Dollars ( Bretton Woods Treaty ) or Gold

You don't change the odds at Vegas by betting ,, they are set by the House.. BUT if they set the odds too high folks play at other Casinos and the House loses

or you could say the Dollar is strong because the Dollar is strong.. so much of world trade literally all of it ( Bretton Woods again Dollar is the world's official trade currency.. so far, we broke the treaty in 1971/2 publicly and notoriously and nobody could afford to quit using the dollar, and folks are free to trade in any currency they want) ( very few and only recently trade in their own currency [USA doesn't hold foreign money reserves, the Dollar is the currency reserve for the world defacto even after Bretton Woods was broken by us)

anyway world trade is in dollars with minor exemptions because the dollar is stable and liquid so between signing a trade contract and full delivery chance are what the dollar can buy /what it is worth doesn't change much... used to be the Pound back WW1 they screwed up the pound exactly the way we are screwing up the dollar and they lost the official world trade currency to US .. so that is why we can do Trade embargo the way we do.. North Korea would have had to and did for decades after we broke Bretton woods buy US dollars to pay for Iranian oil and both Iran and NK hate it but didn't want to lose their butt buy trading stuff for paper that might not be worth half what it was when the deal was made when paid out on delivery a week or month latter it's complicated .. suffice to say you got it backwards Soros bet heavy and outside events decided the outcome .
    Three People to never believe

A Religious Leader who tells you how to Vote

A Politician who tells you how to Pray

And

A Draft Dodger who tells you how to be a Patriot

And Smiling Bob

Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country.”
    — PATRICK HENRY

https://orders.stansberryresearch.co...T137955&page=1

I want to propose a possibility, if nothing else a good conspiracy

we haven't seen the expected spike from the protests ..we have seen the spike from crowded bars and beaches from opening up too far too fast

WHY? Tear gas prevents COVID .. we can open everything if we routinely deploy enough tear gas where people congregate on a daily basis , in bars theaters, stadiums, Businesses we can have sports again and watch sports between clouds of gas. do business .. we should also do a study immediately to see if rubber bullets ward off COVID , don't want to miss a chance to get back to normal

And

And Smiling Bob

Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country.”
    — PATRICK HENRY

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSgt View Post
    David you have a bunch or stuff backwards..
    I have nothing backward nor is it my assertion. It is the BBC's and much of financial world.

How Did George Soros Break the Bank of England?
    https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...of-england.asp

He is famous for speculating against the pound in 1992, contributing to its collapse and exit from the EU exchange rate mechanism (ERM), the forerunner of the euro.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-33951453

You misunderstood what I wrote because I wasn't very clear in the way I structured the sentence. I apologize.

davidsog says:
    Soros is a currency trader. He makes his money when the currency markets are in crisis. He kept Eastern Europe in turmoil and collapse of the British Pound. He has ruined many a savings and retirement fund for the little guy overseas.
    The rest of your post explaining currency trading is just babble connected to your primary misconception.

The destruction of savings and retirements has occurred in the attempts at political revolution in the Fledgling Democracies of the Eastern Bloc.

In April 2017, the government watchdog group Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit against the State Department and USAID, for failing to respond to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for records and communications dealing with the funding and political activities of OSF’s Macedonian arm. Judicial Watch reported that with the help of then-President Barack Obama’s U.S. Ambassador to Macedonia, Jess L. Baily, the U.S. government spent “millions of taxpayer dollars to destabilize the democratically elected, center-right government in Macedonia by colluding” with Soros.
    One NGO funded by the USAID-Soros alliance paid for the translation into Macedonian of far-left activist Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals. A Macedonian government official even referred to the American-funded activists as the “Soros infantry.”
    In November 2017, Romania’s Social Democrat (PSD)-controlled Senate passed a law, joining a number of Eastern European governments seeking to curb Soros’s influence in their internal affairs. The law required NGOs to report in detail their revenue sources biannually and striped their eligibility for taxpayer funding as “public utilities” if they engage in political advocacy in the past two years.
    https://medium.com/@Jacob_Grandstaff...s-34cedad51774

Everyone was appalled when the Obama Administration ordered support for Soro's NGO's. That is why Judicial Watch was notified.

George Soro's NGO's have served to do nothing but keep Eastern Europe in turmoil to George Soros advantage and destroy peoples lives.

I only wear a mask when MADE to do so. If I really need something I can’t get at a place that doesn’t make you wear one I don’t. Why? Because merely my opinion, but the government AND the doctors employed by such don’t have a damn clue what they’re talking about. This has gone back and forth so many times it’s laughable. Do I believe you can ‘catch’ this and it ‘might’ kill you? Yep, and so will a myriad of other contagious diseases. I use simple logical preventive measures and think that’s good enough.

June of 2019 Soros moves into England in a huge way concentrating his organization on poor English neighborhoods.

George Soros' pro-democracy foundation is 'moving funding to western Europe including northern England' in response to 'rise of the far right'

• The society is increasingly turning their attention to affluent western Europe
    • It has traditionally fostered programmes in eastern Europe and developing world
    • It is unclear which 'poor' 'pro-Brexit' parts of northern England they are funding
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...far-right.html

One Year later and at the EXACT same time we are having rioting by Soros funded Black Lives Matter:

Riots break out across England as 'statue protectors' clash with cops and Black Lives Matter rallies
    London, Newcastle and Bristol were engulfed in violence as demonstrators clashed with police over a spate of statues, figures and memorials being vandalised across the UK.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...gland-22187451

Totally unrelated huh and George is a kind hearted guy trying to help the little man. BALONEY. Soros is ONE man who sees Nazi's everywhere as an excuse to manipulate society to his benefit and guess what?!!?? I did not vote for him or his vision nor did ANY American.

The problem lies in that for Soros promoting his vision of an open society transcends democracy. Once his organizations established themselves they actively opposed the right of people to democratically elect leaders if those leaders did not share their — and by extension — his vision.
    https://medium.com/@Jacob_Grandstaff...s-34cedad51774

Exactly what he is doing in America today. The American people deserve to have open, honest, debate, based upon factual reasoning, and a clear plan to solve our problems laid out by opposing parties so the American People can choose in a Democratic election.

We don't deserve to have George Soro's artificial construct.

Breathing co2 while warring a mask hours fogs head......
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Yeah, okay, it's Soros, it's always the Rich Jews, he needed the money to hire 130,000 crisis actors to play dead COVID patients . And John Paulson probably helped

Soros made 1 Billion dollars +/- on the trade "breaking the bank of England" was an expression
    https://blog.topsteptrader.com/story...ank-of-england

Paulson made 4 Billion in 2007 shorting MBS's

neither caused the associated crisis .. but the crisis created the opportunity to make the Billions

I thought conspiracy theory wasn't allowed
    Last edited by AmmoSgt; 07-06-2020 at 12:04 AM.

And

And Smiling Bob

— PATRICK HENRY

So masks are not to keep me from getting Wuhan virus but to protect others from me? I was just tested this week and am negative so does this mean I don't have to wear a mask??? I haven't worn a mask since the beginning of this panic demic other than when a business requires it and that has only been a couple of places. I will carry on the same way.

World population currently 7,796,000,000 +. This year to date, 536,893 Covid-19 deaths out of 6,646,866 communicable disease deaths this year. 860,736 deaths caused by HIV/AIDS this year to date. 502,232 deaths caused by malaria this year to date. 691,177 road traffic deaths this year. And so on and so forth. A lot of ways to die and I will not panic over any of them.

And please spare me at the self-rightous sanctimony about endangering the community.
    Posts plus 1500 or so.
    He who would give up liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security.

Your Appointed death is assigned..how you go is a mystery ...not when!

Got admitted to the hospital on the 4th. Nothing corona or covid related the staff had masks & some visors, but, interestingly new patients were given cotton bandannas to tie over the nose & mouth only.
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.
    : Billy (The kid / Dennis Hopper).

So masks are not to keep me from getting Wuhan virus but to protect others from me? I was just tested this week and am negative so does this mean I don't have to wear a mask??? I haven't worn a mask since the beginning of this panic demic other than when a business requires it and that has only been a couple of places. I will carry on the same way.
    Well the science shows that properly worn, the mask protects you less than have the time you inhale. While not ideal and far from foolproof, that is much better than not being protected at all.

Should you become inadvertently infected, it eliminates the most dangerous period of the virus during the phase it is highly contagious and the host is asymptomatic unaware they are killing others.

We know that "Breaking the bank" is just an expression and Soros is an astute investor. No, conspiracy theories are not allowed, but you both have plenty of links supporting your positions so this Soros stuff is just a difference of opinion. It is, however, off topic in a discussion about the validity of safety precautions so cut it out.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Yeah, okay, it's Soros, it's always the Rich Jews, he needed the money to hire 130,000 crisis actors to play dead COVID patients . And John Paulson probably helped
    Factually it is Soros and while he is not alone in his guilt or even the largest enabler, he is most certainly part of the Leadership, Logistics, and Money that enables the racism, hate, and violence we see being conducted by BLM today.

It is not a conspiracy theory or emotional plea.

How do you explain the funding of Black Lives Matter and the export of their Black Supremacist violence overseas to Europe?

How do you explain the same Marxist revolutionary tactics that caused Soros to be kicked out of most of Eastern Europe for trying to subvert their Democracies?

Is it all Nazi's ganging up on poor Ol'George?

Kind of reminds of "Mein Kampf". The twisted vision of Adolf Hitler was laid out long before millions died as he attempted to turn that vision to reality. Nobody really read it or took action against it because they were distracted from that message by the one they wanted to hear.

George Soros vision is laid out as well as his stated goal from his own mouth to subvert the Democratic Process to impose his will and vision upon the world.

In his book Soros on Soros, the financier wrote: "I do not accept the rules imposed by others. … I recognize that there are regimes that need to be opposed rather than accepted. And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply."
    What that means is that he has tried to re-order the world according to how he thinks it should be run. And that means opposing the US and its values.
    At the World Economic Forum in Davos last month, he declared that the United States, China and Russia all remained "in the hands of would-be or actual dictators."
    Soros is entitled to hate Trump, despise the nation-state and support the idea of a transnational utopia. But when one single individual spends billions of dollars buying up and thus transforming public debate and global politics outside the normal democratic process, people are entitled to express significant concern.
    Yet those doing so run a gauntlet of abuse. The Left routinely employs smear by association against anyone who shares a platform with someone deemed to be (however falsely) a racist, fascist or some other kind of thought-criminal.
    https://www.israelhayom.com/opinions...y-association/

What Soros is not entitled to do is advocate racism, violence, and murder to advance any of his beliefs. Nor is he entitled to shut down free speech with false accusations and virtue signaling.

In supporting and funding Organizations that are advocate violence, Soros is as guilty of violence as if he pulled the trigger.

We posted at the same time. No more post's on this topic.
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwh2 View Post

World population currently 7,796,000,000 +. This year to date, 536,893 Covid-19 deaths out of 6,646,866 communicable disease deaths this year. 860,736 deaths caused by HIV/AIDS this year to date. 502,232 deaths caused by malaria this year to date. 691,177 road traffic deaths this year. And so on and so forth. A lot of ways to die and I will not panic over any of them.

And please spare me at the self-rightous sanctimony about endangering the community.
    Many make MAJOR mistake accepting the deaths from the virus as fact. The media is not only FAKE but corrupt and politically motivated. Follow the money and who gains from this nonsense. Question everyone who screams PANDEMIC. The WHO are now known liars and the CDC is controlled by $ from gates and others.

Wow, it's like listening to Tokyo Rose and anti-vaxers in here.

Wow, it's like listening to Tokyo Rose and anti-vaxers in here.
    I thought it was more like listening other peoples input and reasoned discussion without using an opinion instead of fact to virtue signal or shame them into silence.

they had to switch scripts.. it doesn't seem to be going away like they said it would when things opened back up, won't wear the masks and social distance ( I hope they don't find washing hands overly oppressive ) so we could stay open .. so they rather see the Nation destroyed

and now they are claiming BLM is the racist hate group instead of admit they were wrong from the start about the Covid thing .. I think we ought to just let them go completely space case ultra extreme .. it certainly isn't helping them in the polls .. and just a fact as much as you try and tell them the think about masks the worse they get.. well.. not to put too fine a point on it.. it's their funeral

Nothing we say here will change minds or the body count, almost everything they say and do is working against almost everything they say they want. And the more extreme they get the smaller the group of true believers get..

The school reopening thing is going to be interesting for years and years they railed against government public school "indoctrinating " their kids .. perfect chance to take advantage of home schooling and the explosion of resources to home school their kids ... bet they fight and fuss to open the public schools regardless of the risk of their own kids catching the "Hoax", as opposed to taking advantage of the Hoax to home school them nd free them from government mind control

of course most of the home schooling resources are being funded by billionaires like Gates

What to do about the school kids is going to be a big thing for folks with school age kids , don't imagine much is on the shelf right now , but prepping for back-to-school and back-to-school shopping is going to need some thought ..... and if adults are behaving as some are over masks , can you imagine what the kids will be like
    Last edited by AmmoSgt; 07-06-2020 at 01:27 PM.

And

And Smiling Bob

— PATRICK HENRY

I thought it was more like listening other peoples input and reasoned discussion without using an opinion instead of fact to virtue signal or shame them into silence.
    Like what you try to do with your red enormously sized font.

Like what you try to do with your red enormously sized font.
    Hey I like the enormously sized font, I don't have to squint as much

And amongst all of this China is buying up firms in Europe and other parts with US Dollars, of which it has a bundle. Just saying.

Yep, Pride goeth before the fall.. other countries got our number, saw the quality and inexperience of our leadership, and are playing it for all they got .. cuz we got's Rights, can't tell us what to do .. we're 'Mericans

hubris
    [ˈ(h)yo͞obrəs]
    NOUN
    excessive pride or self-confidence.
    "the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s"
    synonyms:
    arrogance · conceit · conceitedness · haughtiness · pride · vanity · self-importance · self-conceit · pomposity · superciliousness · feeling of superiority · hauteur · uppitiness · big-headedness
    (in Greek tragedy) excessive pride toward or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

followed by

nemesis
    [ˈneməsəs]
    NOUN
    the inescapable agent of someone's or something's downfall.
    "the balance beam was the team's nemesis, as two gymnasts fell from the apparatus"
    a long-standing rival; an archenemy.
    "will Harry Potter finally defeat his nemesis, Voldemort?"
    a downfall caused by an inescapable agent.
    "one risks nemesis by uttering such words"
    synonyms:
    downfall · undoing · ruin · ruination · destruction · Waterloo
    (Nemesis)
    retributive justice.
    "Nemesis is notoriously slow"
    synonyms:
    retribution · vengeance · retributive justice · punishment · just deserts · fate · destiny

you simply cannot BS a virus

this is going to get much worse before it gets better

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...?ocid=msedgntp

110 million Americans rent, estimated 20% will be evicted by September

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

And

And Smiling Bob

— PATRICK HENRY

This thread has gone way off topic. I should have locked it long ago. I was just curious and wanted to see wear it would go. I don't believe it is redeemable at this point. For the record, I am still wearing a mask in public and sheltering in place. I hope the rest of you do as your conscience dictates.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567