New Arisaka Type 99 Sniper

Thread: New Arisaka Type 99 Sniper

Default New Arisaka Type 99 Sniper

Hey ya'll,

Well, with this rifle, it completes a personal goal of mine. I now have a sniper example of every major power of WW2. This rifle is already on Vic's list. It is a very late Nagoya, within the adjustable scope range. The mum has a single strike through it very low so does not detract that much from it. It is missing the cleaning rod but is correct to not have a monopod or the AA sights. The rifle is all matching but is duffel cut. It's duffel cut in a good spot though and im already getting 2 rifles fixed for their duffel cuts this month so this will make another. Now I am just on the hunt for a 4x scope for her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.JPG  

7.JPG  

6.JPG  

5.JPG  

4.JPG  

3.JPG  

2.JPG  

1.JPG  

Hello Sport, Nice, I have #9483 in identical configuration, and yes, per Vic Soto, I have a 4x Adjustable on it. Good luck on finding an adjustable, pretty rare, lucked into mine about 20 years ago, I thought it was pricy then!! Can't remember if mine is duffle cut or not? Of course can't remember what I had for dinner either. Glad you found the rifle, Lofty goal to have one of each combatant, a great collection. Enjoy, Skid

This is my goal also. So far I have a PU mosin and an H&H No4 Mk1T.

Very nice example. I wish you luck procuring the scope you need to complete it.
    Milsurp Nut

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Nice score. They shoot pretty well, about as good as any sniper of WW2. Shot a 0.78 inch five shot group at 100 yds with a Kokura 99 with factory Norma. Nagoya gave me a 1.5 inch. Got lucky and got an adjustable with case, expensive way back when. I think I can find the number of a guy that has one for sale. If not, Don Slickman??sp knows him and how to get in touch. It was pricey too but I can not recall price. I got a Kokura 99 sniper scope form him which is a harder find than an adjustable with 1000 made and about 50 known. Pricey also.

Set out to get and shoot at least one from all major WW2 powers years ago and kinda overshot the goal. Gotta love these things.

Wonder why they duffle cut it? Getting a Japanese rifle back was pretty easy for most vets. They handed them out at the end of the war.

Yeah if you can get his contact info that'd be great!

Wish you good luck! I had been looking for a decent case for my 4x Adjustable for close to 20 years! At 76 I am not even looking anymore.

Yeah I’m not a big “accessory” guy. Like if rifles come with bayonets, scope cases, or sling, cool, but if not I don’t hunt them down. Only case I really want to find is the matching one to my MkIII for my Enfield

Quote Originally Posted by sport10990 View Post
    Yeah I’m not a big “accessory” guy. Like if rifles come with bayonets, scope cases, or sling, cool, but if not I don’t hunt them down. Only case I really want to find is the matching one to my MkIII for my Enfield
    I am the same way. If it is a good rifle or weapon, that is my focus. Coming with stuff is great but can not add much cost or I am out. The guy with the Kokura 99 scope had a case too. Seems like it was $1500. Too much to spend on my SSI. He had an adjustable scope and maybe a 4X. I locked in on the Kokura scope since I have 4 Kokura 99 snipers, had 2 others. For some reason they started finding me after I found the first one, which was rough, wrong bolt, sanded stock but at the time I thought I would never find another. At the time there were less than 50 known. Current number is probably about 70. Vic Soto will know.

I am not finding his number as I knew my buying was done for a while. Don S was with him at SOS and knows his contact. Don can be found on the Japanese forum here. Don sure makes some good reproduction stuff and retips Nambu firing pins.

Do you know Donís username?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know Donís username?

I found him but canít send him a message cause it says his box is full.

I found him but can’t send him a message cause it says his box is full.

Post it on the forum to please clear some PM room. Hopefully he will get it done pretty quick.

Here's Don's contact info, he is actually fairly hard to find on line - Great repo type 99 parts, like the rubber eyepiece for 4x snipe scope for $40:

Don Schlickman
    1470 Wood St.
    Dubuque, IA. 52001-4256
    Phone: 563-556-8496
    Cell # 563-580-4220
    email: [email protected]

Yeah I got a hold of him. The guy he sits with is the guy who has one eBay right now.