Henry County match events ?

Thread: Henry County match events ?

Question Henry County match events ?

Alund,

Would you please describe the targets, ranges and format of your current match?

Thanks

We shoot steel targets out to 625 although this last match we did shoot one stage at a 300 yard paper target. The match usually starts with a stage called "the gauntlet". You shoot a a metal target at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. First round hits get 3 points second round hits get 1 point. You only get two shots max at each distance. There are generally 3 or 4 other stages. 2 person team combine for total points. The match usually isn't the same month to month. We are going to have our championship match in August this year.

Tony Lacy

June 4 at 9:18 PM

ALCON,
    We have rescheduled the Vintage World Championship for 15 AUG 2020. Put the date on your calendar! We will have the Vintage Sniper World Championship that morning and then we will shoot the 1st Modern Sniper Rifle Match that afternoon around 1400. Billy Warden will run the Modern Sniper Rifle Match and it will be limited to 7.62 or 5.56 clones of the modern age with modern optics. More to follow on the rules and rifles.
    Rules Committee and Awards – Tony Lacy
    Vintage Sniper Lead – John Brewer
    Modern Sniper Lead – Billy Warden
    Promotions and Chef – Andy Lundberg

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Milprileb: Sorry for the late reply.. this one slipped past me.
    John described it well...
    1)We have something called the gauntlet, where we shoot from 100-700 yards at 100 yard increments.. Targets are steel and range in size from 6-12 inch squares. We also have IDPA different size targets as well. Those are sometimes used on the gauntlet.
    2)We also have a long distance shot stage where IDPA targets are use. About 5 targets are used there, 2 shots per target.
    3)Another stage is the speed round, with unknown distances anywhere from 4-5 targets with unlimited shots in a unlimited time.. However, speed is key to score. You cannot move until you hit the target then move on to next. (No4T should have an advantage here, right?)
    4)There is a "know your limits" stage which is big gamble for big points but you have to know your limits. It involves progressively smaller targets from 100-200 yards... 5 targets total.. I think 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 inches... no larger, I can't remember. JLacy can confirm. You get up to 5 shots, IF you miss a shot, you are done and lose your points... If you decide to stop at the 3rd target then you add the points up and get that added to your score.. 1 point, 3 points, 5 points, 7 points and 9 points... totalling 25 points.... thats a lot and can win a match... but if you gamble and miss.... you lose your stage's points.
    5)there is a christmas tree stage that we do some time... multi targets on one pole.
    6)thread the needle or machine gun nest target.
    7)rare on windy days we will have floating balloons out about 300 yards. It poses as a helmut that is moving and quite interesting to see all the misses. A moving target is hard... period.
    the match usually takes about 2-3 hours and we will have 4-8 groups typically come from all around the area including different states for the monthly match. The annual match draws from about 8 states.
    -andy

Nice range.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Henry County Gun Range 627 yds.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	3677775
    Allt du egentligen behöver i livet är en bra kvinna, en trofast hund och en fin gammal Mauser.

This is extremely interesting to me and not awfully far away...may have to check it out sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by N8theSk8 View Post
    This is extremely interesting to me and not awfully far away...may have to check it out sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can PM me for info Or jlacy... we will have a big match on august 15th of this year... was postponed due to covid