Any P17 Owners Yet?

Thread: Any P17 Owners Yet?

Default Any P17 Owners Yet?

Got one on Tuesday, cleaned-up the edges, cleaned and lubed, tightened the screws, and mounted my .22 can. The early reviews were bad, but the more recent ones I've found have been much more positive. Can't wait to get it to the range.
    Any experiences to share?
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Waiting

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow's our first range day...
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Ran about 250 rounds of 5 different flavors of .22, had 2 ammo induced failures. Both eventually fired on the 2nd hit. I call reliability excellent, accuracy VG, fun-factor way over the top. The P17 ran great with my suppressor, and I loved the trigger and all the controls. My 2 shooting buddies agreed on all counts. Here are a few pics. Next is cleaning and inspection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	171.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	748.7 KB 
ID:	3658573

Name:	172.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	785.3 KB 
ID:	3658575

Name:	173.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	756.3 KB 
ID:	3658579

Ran 200 more through it today; Blazer, Aguila, and a few mags from my end-of-the-box bin. All went perfectly. I'm sold on this little, fun KelTec.
    Just ordered a mag loader and a cheap laser. Let the fun continue!

Don't know how I missed this thread, Jonny. I got one almost three weeks ago now and couldn't be happier. I'm glad you are happy with yours too. I think for the money, it's a dream come true for .22 pistol guys and gals. Three working mags, adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front sight, threaded barrel, ambi safety and mag release, it's super light to carry, and it's reliable and accurate! Mine ran flawless with the good stuff like Stinger, Aguila HP, Browning HP, and so on. It does not like the cheap stuff, even high velocity. I love the blacksmith-style assembly with all the screws and such, looks different from most. I painted a wide white outline on the rear sight and a bright orange face on the front sight for my old eyes. It really helps along with the fiber optic green! Also added a rubber grip sleeve just to lose the square-ish feeling of the grip. Great pistol in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

Question......any of you fellas find a way to lower the hammer? I hate to have the hammer cocked all the time even in storage. Can't use a snap cap because you need to re-open the slide (and the hammer re-cocks) to remove the snap cap. I have been dropping it with the trigger after cleaning but hate to keep doing that. I don't dry-fire it for practice or fun, just once to drop the hammer after cleaning.

Thanks, Dave

I see 2 options: leave the snap-cap in the chamber, or insert a fired case before you release the slide.

Thank you, I think the empty case would work for storage. If I carry it though, I'd hate to have a spent case or snap cap in the chamber, but don't see any other way. Thank you, Jonny, I thought maybe I was missing something. I carry single actions in condition 3 and just feel weird with the hammer cocked and wearing out the hammer springs for nothing.

it seems hit or miss.
    https://youtu.be/Xsdlqmuc7uo

Defund ANTIFA: Expose George Soros for the terrorist that he is.

#blackliesmatter

Those are the only two negative videos on the NET. Dozens are positive plus.

my experences with kel-tec is they have a good warranty, but you may have to use it a few times.

Defund ANTIFA: Expose George Soros for the terrorist that he is.

#blackliesmatter

Over 500 rounds in now without a glitch....I'm happy. Better odds than a Sig 365!

I have one it works perfectly so far with remington bulk ammo and CCi mini mag.
    Glad to have it and im not a big fan of 22s.
    Actually i bought it for the wife