caribou

Thread: caribou

Default caribou

What happened to the affordable caribou hunts in Canada , there used to be some really affordable hunts .

Very low Caribou numbers all around the Arctic. basically mid winter warm up rains that refreeze into ice encased Tundra that the Caribou cannot dig through, weakening the older animals, and killing the young, as they move many many miles to find forage.
    The real problems when high cow mortality hits a herd.

There is also up and down cycle in herd numbers, too.....Our local Western Arctic Caribou Herd WACH,peaked at 475,000 in 2000, and currently holds at 270,00 today.
    Caribou are made for cold dry climates, not the cold wet ones.

Nothing can stand the economic interruptions, flu, even caribou guides I imagine?
    “Encouraging Grace+constitutional solvently strength, resistances to Chaos!”

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Dan, there’s just not as many Caribou to hunt anymore.

Makes for tough economics for northern people to eat imported, rather than local meats.

God has always tracked your meals together with much faith..your one I’d vote on in a shtf..“melt down“!

one shot 1

This message is hidden because one shot 1 is on your ignore list.

unsubscribed

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    God has always tracked your meals together with much faith..your one I’d vote on in a shtf..“melt down“!
    Thanks, Dan, we are fortunate folks on a good spot on this planet.
    Hunting for food is often in competition with hunting for sports, but usually, they are one and the same, food with a souvenir, I always figured., but when numbers of game animals are low, the State of Alaska will reduce the sporting opportunity’s so that residents have preference for food making opportunity’s.
    Luckily, we haven’t had much of that, but the Caribou’s future is as unpromised as our own.

I truly agree..unpromising times in every aspect of our food supplies...in queston?
    this Years harvesting Store meats supplies ..
    A question of over prepping or I’ve unprepared?
    thats why I buy the same types of foods I usually get...not survival foods not eaten in good time?<>< dan
    your in a place..as I am mountain to mountain front yard to back yard deep in bear, dear smaller wild game in a shtf
    no rule applies to survival.

I should have went 25 years ago but with other responsibilties at the time , you all know about that .