Who is selling these repro PU sets ?

Thread: Who is selling these repro PU sets ?

Default Who is selling these repro PU sets ?

Asking for someone who sent the picture.

He thinks he has an X-PU rifle.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    George Carlin

I smell a whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive

That's nothing.
    I bought five No4Mk1T's test fired only, all with walnut stocks in their transit chests and with the scope cans with matching scopes. $725 for all five rifles.

Kalink Optics has the real deal.

https://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scop...ope-64092.html

Accumounts has the repros. If you compare prices, you'll see that the real deal doesn't work out to be that much more.

https://www.accumounts.com/russian-mosin.html

Just so he's aware, re-scoping is as simple as dropping a scope on. There is a lot involved. These rigs were not mass-produced. They were one-offs, put together by expert armorers. Parts are not universally interchangeable. Mounting the scope is step one, and requires you to have a base mount that has the same hole pattern as the receiver (distance between mounting screw holes varies from rifle to rifle and base to base). And then sighting in the scope is a laborious and precision process.

Take a look at this thread to give you an idea on what's involved.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...O-scopeless-PU

I do not know alot about the process of getting the base on the rifle, but I have read many reports about how much varience there is between rifles and bases, they most likely will not drop right on. I think I did read somewhere that accumount bases can be ordered with the holes being spaced out specific distances, but I would would want to see for myself before making too much noise about that. I do know for a fact how long it takes to center the recticle in the scope once you have the scope mounted on the rifle. It took me many trips on and off of the rifle, carefully filing down the mount (usually about .005" at a time) and several rounds of ammo expended. to finally get the everything centered to my liking. Then you have to play with the coarse adjusting screws to put the reticle high in the field of view. This entire process took a fair amount of time (for me the better part of an afternoon). I am pretty careful though, I had out my micrometer and was very deliberate about how much material I removed and being sure that I was keeping the mount square. In my experience .005" will move your point of impact about 4" at 50 yards. I just did all of this a couple of days ago because my replica PU that came with the scope already mounted had the reticle off to the left. I finally decided that I would become a Russian armorer for a day and solve this issue, and it is pretty time consuming. I do not know your situation with being able to shoot, but there is a range in the back yard, so for me I had tools within 50 feet of the shooting bench, I can hardly imagine trying to do that without being able to test fire the rifle immediately, and find out true point of impact.
    Last edited by CarbineWilliams; 05-26-2020 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Still learing to write

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Carbine......did you boresight it initial to get somewhere near?
    No ads in signature

When I first started I boresighted it to get it on paper, and then sighted it in as you would any other rifle. The scope and mount functioned, it was just wrong when you looked through the scope, I shot it for a while that way before I decided to fix the reticle centering. As for elevation screws, it is similar story, boresight to get things close, then fire a few rounds, tighten or loosen the screws a little bit as needed, then once I was happy I called it good enough for me.

When a scope was mounted it looked high and right of the bore so far nothing you could do to align it with the bore. Not my first rodeo.

See the center rifle.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    George Carlin

I smell a whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive

That's nothing.
    I bought five No4Mk1T's test fired only, all with walnut stocks in their transit chests and with the scope cans with matching scopes. $725 for all five rifles.

MJ, do you mean that the tube of the scope is high and right, or do you mean that the crosshairs when point of aim is point of impact is high and right?

If you are mounting a side mount on a non sniper I can give you a way to do it with proper alignment....is that what you are after? They are properly centered when mounted but there is a slight inwards tilt towards the bolt handle side when the scope is correctly in place.
    I did a non sniper for a friend with Soviet WW2 era base/scope mount and scope and it came out just right.
    If that's what you are up to I'll write out a pretty in depth description.