Cetme L, 5.56/.223 furniture painting

Thread: Cetme L, 5.56/.223 furniture painting

Default Cetme L, 5.56/.223 furniture painting

About 6 months ago I bought a all black Cetme L and have a couple questions or opinions request.

1. I want to change color from black to green the metal and plastic parts. What "rattle can" paint would be best for this?

2. My model does not have a scope mount and looking for a solution.

3. Anyone have any links for any kind of accessories for the L model. Maybe wood furniture.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1160495_zpsnd0fskqn.jpg  

20191121_220457.jpg  

The hope for "OUR" Constitution and country has been voted in. Now let's see if he and his cabinet can make significant changes. Damn the liberals and Political Correctness!

I would suggest just getting a different rifle. There has to be someone out there that purchased an all green model with a rail that wishes they bought the model that you have. Try to find someone willing to trade.
    I bought a Marcolmar CETME L a year ago and it's a pretty well done build. I doubt any rattle can paint job will be as nice as the factory paint. If you just wanted to swap stock sets Marcolmar is selling their new production green furniture as well as the original surplus sets.

You can buy the black furniture and it will be black in 100 years. The krylon will wear off fairly quickly from the places you handle a lot, buttstock, grip, handguard etc. I don't recall what the cost is for the set but there is plenty of black furniture.

As for painting the rifle its not a big deal to do. Lots of guys camo paint their rifles and scopes with krylon or other quality spray can paint. The good thing about rattle can finish and the model L is that if you change your mind just do an acetone dip and you're back to your original color. The cerakote will hold up to any of the normal solvents you're likely to come across and it will be a good base for your experiments.

As for the scope rail You can have one hand welded on, there are some rails and I think Dave would sell one to a customer. Not sure of pricing on those either but send an email to MarColMar and ask. If you're going to repaint than welding won't hurt anything. The only problem with adding a rail is that they are made to be welded on during production so that the front of the rail and the cocking tube share a weld. You'd have to dress back the front of the rail to keep it off the weld that is there. Not a biggie though, maybe an eighth inch off? The biggest issue with adding a rail is keeping it straight and flat. The welding jig for production does that job but if you do it after production something will need to be made up to do it. We looked at making some of the mounts that capture the rear sight base but they put the scope too high and aren't very solid. Some guys have made up some fairly innovative mounts but I've yet to see one that is very solid.

Lastly, like noted above you can still buy a railed gun in whatever color and setup you want. There is a new batch in the works and still some stuff on the shelf though I think all the green rail and no rail L's might be spoken for at the moment. There are some black and gray rails and non rails boxed and ready to ship. Your rifle is worth more as it is now than if you paint and modify it so buy what you want and sell that one. Or buy the furniture and paint to suit.

Hope something there helps.

Frank
    Ich hab den Reset-Knopf gedrückt
    Doch nichts ist passiert

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Misunderstood your post because you pictured the green rifle. I don't think there are any green ones ready to go yet but they won't be long. There is still green furniture too.

Frank
    Ich hab den Reset-Knopf gedrückt
    Doch nichts ist passiert

Here you go...

Put the Krylon away, LOL!

CETME Model L Stock Set, Original Green, from MarColMar *Good*
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/cetme-m...-green-gd.html

You can buy the take-off green furniture sets that Dave didn't want through (I think) Apex for pretty cheap, then you'd have an original set of furniture (in questionable shape, maybe) and just have to paint over the black finish.

Now you just need Un Porta Equipos De Combate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fM5Vynk.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	3686061

Guys -

A bit off-thread, but what post-ban CETME would be considered the Mercedes/Porsche of the breed? The original remains one of "the ones that got away" for me; I remember seeing one in a gun store too may decades ago and thinking about it...

I was fortunate enough then to grab a new H&K 91 A3 and some others, and since then an ugly duckling Armscorps G3 for range days. But naturally it's those ones that got away our thoughts turn to...
    All humans are weaponeers.