Gunboards Forums banner

Swiss Lienhard Anschutz 22

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  mag204 
#1 ·
This is my 2'nd Lienhard/Anschutz 22 rifle I bought at Simpsons and it's somewhat different than my first. The first one is marked M-57 on the receiver ring and Lienhard-Anschutz on the left side of the receiver. That one also has a faux K31 magazine. This 2'nd one looks almost identical but just has the Lienhard logo on the receiver ring and just Anschutz on the left side of the receiver. This 2'nd one does not have the faux K31 magazine and has a more intricate rear sight.
In Simpsons latest shipment they have 10 assorted 22 rifles that they are booking in and I'm trying hard to resist the urge to buy another. The build quality of these rifles has to be seen to be appreciated and the trigger are insane. Here are some pics. I wish there was some printed literature on these really unique rifles.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice pair. My Lienhard-Anschutz is labeled M57 without a faux magazine. I have seen both. Would you post an image of the magazine/floorplate area? The one I saw was not removable and was made from the bottom of a K31 mag.

This is my most accurate Swiss EKSV rifle. The next is a Lienhard built on a K31 receiver.

#7 ·
Many thanks. Tha is slightly different than the one I saw. I wonder if they were made with or without, or if the pseudo-mag was an option. Unfortunately that would require getting info on a lot of rifles, and I cannot remember if I have seen info on the numbers made.

You have a nice one.

#8 ·
Lienhard Anschutz Model 57

These are images of my Lienhard Anschutz trigger guard (no magazine), Ordonnanz KK-Karabiner rollmark, the System Lienhard rollmark on the receiver, the front diopter, and the Model 57 and Lienhard logo marking.

The muzzle crown appears to be an insert, but that is actually the bare metal crown, and a machined recess that is hit by the lighting.

#10 · (Edited)
I do not know who made the front diopter. There are no names on it. The rear is an older Anschutz. Windage adjustments take 2 knobs, loosen one knob, and you use the other one to actually move the windage and then retighten the locking knob. Interestingly, I also have a similar front sight setup on a Hammerli 552 "K31-look" .22 match rifle. On both of those rifles, the front winged sight (not the attached diopter), the handguard, buttplates, rear leaf sights, and bands are all military marked K31 parts.

I recently saw photos of an M57 that had the round ball bolt modified to use K31 knobs, but was still a turnbolt. Some of the Hammerli 551 match rifles has a similar setup suing the reddish K11 bolt knobs on a turnbolt action.

My M-57 has a 5 digit serial number in above 35000. These rifles were made in 1957 when Lienhard contracted with Anschutz, and used a Model 54-derived action. I have no idea how many were made, or for how long.

#11 ·
My Hammerli 551 had diopter sights on it when I obtained it and the front diopter is screwed into place over the K31 type front sight. The bolt knob mimics a straight pull but as you can see is a turn bolt. These are really interesting rifles you don't see many of.

Attachments

#12 ·
More Lienhard-Anschutz M57

Here is an example of the K31 style bolt knob. You can see it is still a turnbolt, but looks like a K31. I just received these from a fellow collector.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.