Delete pictures from Manage attachments

Thread: Delete pictures from Manage attachments

Default Delete pictures from Manage attachments

I am unable to get manage attachment pictures to load. Little black dot wheel at the top of the form starts to spin, then suddenly stops.......then zero blank nothing happens. I tried to delete some pictures, thinking I had exceeded some limit or other. Is there no delete for that form.???

PJH

Once pictures are uploaded into your library, they can't be deleted from it.

A picture in one of your posts can be deleted, but it will remain in your library.

Try loading pictures one at a time. There have been issues with attempting to load multiple pics.

Good luck.
    You remain marginally disappointing. Nevertheless, I still like you ... not a lot, but I like you ....

Any luck getting photos to upload? I have been having the same exact issue for the last few weeks. I have been able to upload photos to other boards but not here.

PA
    Interested in buying a factory original Izhevsk PU sniper with original wartime matched scope. Long shot but a guy can dream!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I have always uploaded one at a time.......now I cant upload any. Nothing has changed for some time.

PJH

Same here; if I figure anything out I will let you know.
    Interested in buying a factory original Izhevsk PU sniper with original wartime matched scope. Long shot but a guy can dream!

anybody know how do you go about deleting images in "manage attachments"? I looked for it in the pop up window, but couldn't find it

Quote Originally Posted by SfcRet View Post
    anybody know how do you go about deleting images in "manage attachments"? I looked for it in the pop up window, but couldn't find it
    As stated in post 2, once a picture is in your library it can not be deleted
    You remain marginally disappointing. Nevertheless, I still like you ... not a lot, but I like you ....

Thanks for info on deletion of uploaded photos. Is it possible that there is some kind of limit on uploaded photos? I have over 1000 uploaded to the photo manager. I'm not that computer literate myself but it seems to be an issue with Gunboards. I had no problem uploading the same picture I was trying to upload here to Rimfirecentral.com

Also the same as heckinohio; I was only trying to upload one picture at a time.

Thank you,
    PA

I'm a bit confused so let me just state some things

1. Go to advanced and then scroll down, then manage attachments - it looks like you can upload one, if you click the - ADD FILE - then the +Upload, you can upload TEN at a time

2. To delete from the posting - highlight / click the photo in Attachments, then upper right hand corner, this will delete from your PRESENT POSTING

3. In the same upload / manage attachments (I can, you may not be able to), you can delete your pictures off of the server - this is not suggested, as it deletes them from EVERY posting they are attached too. A real shame. On Jan Still board, purposely doing so can get you banned (wanting info but not willing to share) - is the way it appears.
    3a. BTW, I have 996 pictures, I will add 10 to another posting and then see if 1000 is the limit.
    Edward Tinker
    Co-Author of Police Lugers
    Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I - Vol II - VOL III / Collections of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
    Co-Author of Simson Lugers

testing photo capacity, may not work since I am a moderator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide1.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	3704901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide2.JPG 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	3704903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide3.JPG 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	3704905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide4.JPG 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	3704907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide5.JPG 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	3704909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide6.JPG 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	3704911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide7.JPG 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	3704913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide8.JPG 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	3704915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide9.JPG 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	3704917
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide10.JPG  

I can add photos after 1,000 pictures on server
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide11.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
    I'm a bit confused so let me just state some things

1. Go to advanced and then scroll down, then manage attachments - it looks like you can upload one, if you click the - ADD FILE - then the +Upload, you can upload TEN at a time

2. To delete from the posting - highlight / click the photo in Attachments, then upper right hand corner, this will delete from your PRESENT POSTING

3. In the same upload / manage attachments (I can, you may not be able to), you can delete your pictures off of the server - this is not suggested, as it deletes them from EVERY posting they are attached too. A real shame. On Jan Still board, purposely doing so can get you banned (wanting info but not willing to share) - is the way it appears.
    3a. BTW, I have 996 pictures, I will add 10 to another posting and then see if 1000 is the limit.

While number three above will delete pictures from a thread, it will not delete them from your library.

Gents, I have used manage attachments on more than one site, so I am familiar with how to do it. I have used it here for way more than a few pictures, which are still in my library. I tried it again about 3 days ago, no dice. I had to host the pictures and transfer them here.

Once again, when I click the last step in manage attachment, it goes "blank", I get no picture, and must start over only to get the same result.

PJH

Thank you Edward and others for looking into this. I just gave it another go as well and cannot get any photo to upload once selected.