Mak Ammo Cache

Thread: Mak Ammo Cache

Default Mak Ammo Cache

It is a troubling time and I figured I would prepare an emergency ammunition supply for my Makarov just in case:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01964240-D330-4623-9569-1D48F67A035F.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	3663003
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	415746A2-B091-4E2A-A980-ACA5698F1178.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	3663005

This small carton holds 18 magazines for 144 rounds at the ready and 150 additional cartridges packed in boxes. Should be enough for any situation or prolonged battle. I figured it didn’t make sense to have all of my magazines empty.

-Panzer

I have 2000 rounds, different brands.

Quote Originally Posted by wacky View Post
    I have 2000 rounds, different brands.
    I have 3000 rounds, all Tulammo, two full cases and this one I just opened to make this carton.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

"prolonged battle"???

With a Makarov pistol??? You better spend your first 2 mags getting to something a bit more substantial or you're doing nothing but hoarding ammo for the next owner of your stuff! ;-)
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny c. View Post
    "prolonged battle"???

With a Makarov pistol??? You better spend your first 2 mags getting to something a bit more substantial or you're doing nothing but hoarding ammo for the next owner of your stuff! ;-)

now that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by jonny c. View Post
    "prolonged battle"???

if that’s all that’s available, you’re dam sure I’m going to fight with why I’ve got. A true warrior would do so.

Friend, a "true warrior" would have a warrior's weapon (AR, AK, M1, 870, etc.) within a quick sprint of the Mak. Time to go shopping.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Panzer,

Now I know who is hoarding all the Mak magazines...18?...really........At one point I had 30+. Now I have about 20+, we got the market cornered here.!!!

Mine are segregated....those that work with a Fab Defense grip, and those that don't...

No, none for sell...
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VA-Vet View Post
    Panzer,

Now I know who is hoarding all the Mak magazines...18?...really........At one point I had 30+. Now I have about 20+, we got the market cornered here.!!!

Mine are segregated....those that work with a Fab Defense grip, and those that don't...

No, none for sell...
    I have close to 40 more still in cosmoline from an East German import about 20 years ago. Still in storage.

Also none for sale.

Which type don't work with the Fab Defense grip?

Thumbs up

Panzerschwein: It's always good to store for an unexpected panic.
    People in strictly residential communities in suburbs have only a very slim chance of needing to be a "Roof Korean" (business zone), although people near some downtown areas, ie. Minneapolis, Seattle etc can have reasons to be concerned.

But...the weirdly-overlapping mix of strange factors now indicate to many seasoned, astute gun owners that this ammo anxiety will last until the election, or longer, depending upon results.
    Because I'm retired and 12 min. from our private shooting club, I go through lots of .22LR ammo, at a higher percentage than with the 7.62x39 ammo (have 'x' or 'xx' thousands of rds. of this).

I visit Academy and Walmart at least once per week, and now and then find decent brands of .22LR, simply to replace biting much into my reserve.

Threads deleted. micky/panzer, lay off the personal grudge here.
    Last edited by North Bender; 07-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hifiguns View Post
    Which type don't work with the Fab Defense grip?
    Its not a 'type' thing, its an individual mag thing... have to try each mag and find out.
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

Roll Tide Roll!!!