Off Topic: Grey Man has another seller name on GB

Thread: Off Topic: Grey Man has another seller name on GB

Default Off Topic: Grey Man has another seller name on GB

Selling as jsalberry92 ​and I noticed too many similarities.

Same city, same grey carpet background......and same horizontal scar on left hand trigger finger..........same guy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Grey Man 2 .jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	3664671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Grey Man 1 .jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	3664673

Could be a scammer using his photos.

They have 399 transactions with five or so things listed right now for bid and they are all non-firearm. Looks like it is the same guy and hes just breaking out his sales. As much volume as he does I guess I could see him trying to separate out the non-FFL stuff maybe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Sreisel also has an account on eBay and sells a lot of non-FFL items there, typically for the same top of the market prices he generates on GB, proving the magic of the Grey Blanket.

What did he scam on before? I just want to be aware so I don't get scammed myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe that's his nephew. I've been set up to the nephew before at local shows and he deals mostly militaria. Uses the same blanket style to cover his tables. I think he also helps take the photos for sreisel, which explains the same hands.

My thoughts also, what Conrad said above.
    John Rose

So, what is the complaint? Ive had two flawless transactions with Sreisel and no complaints whatsoever. Both items were exactly as described, promptly shipped, and well packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they just use the same hand model.
    Sorry, could not resist...
    If you use the 1st Amendment, you will need the 2nd Amendment...

Quote Originally Posted by panzerfaust44 View Post
    Selling as jsalberry92 ​and I noticed too many similarities.

Same city, same grey carpet background......and same horizontal scar on left hand trigger finger..........same guy!

We need you to do some investigation into the Anitfa leadership identification so we can take them out with a drone strike. I'll pay for the first missile.

The real reason grey blanket did this is simple - he's dodging income taxes.

When you reach $20K in gross sales (tracked thru PayPal) Ebay will send you and the IRS a nice little 1099k.

Soooo he spreads it out over "friends and family". I know several strong Ebay "hobby" sellers who do this thru relatives in other states. They track their sales closely and switch to the other account as they approach the threshold.
    Since he sells so much he probably does dual, concurrent Ebay sales accounts. At some point he will probably add another "friends and family" account or two.

This is his nephew's account, he has his own stuff he buys and sells on it. He uses the grey blanket as a selling point.
    He does the vast amount of the shipping, receiving, photos, etc. for sreisel while he is away in buying trips.

Patrick
    Co-Author of the book:
    Banzai Special Project No. 1, The Siamese Mauser, A Study Of Siamese / Thai Type 45 & Type 46 Long Rifles and Type 47 Carbines, Including An Overview Of Siamese/Thai Weapons 18602014

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulwon View Post

We need you to do some investigation into the Anitfa leadership identification so we can take them out with a drone strike. I'll pay for the first missile.

The real reason grey blanket did this is simple - he's dodging income taxes.

When you reach $20K in gross sales (tracked thru PayPal) Ebay will send you and the IRS a nice little 1099k.

Soooo he spreads it out over "friends and family". I know several strong Ebay "hobby" sellers who do this thru relatives in other states. They track their sales closely and switch to the other account as they approach the threshold.
    Since he sells so much he probably does dual, concurrent Ebay sales accounts. At some point he will probably add another "friends and family" account or two.
    I just looked up sreisel's sales on eBay for a few weeks and even getting to only sales by May 24th it's nearing $15k, so I can't imagine that's the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lthilsdorf View Post
    I just looked up sreisel's sales on eBay for a few weeks and even getting to only sales by May 24th it's nearing $15k, so I can't imagine that's the reason.
    He HAS to keep his named account going -its got so many buyers who keep coming back to look at what he has, just like his Gunbroker account does - it's the overflow items (at up to 19K per other account) that he could run on other the secondary accounts to avoid the 1099k's. I'm not saying he will do this - but on his present path he could. That IS how many others do it. Personally I've dealt with him before and had no issues on the items descriptions and even expensive returns so I have no dog in this fight.

[QUOTE=Personally I've dealt with him before and had no issues on the items descriptions and even expensive returns so I have no dog in this fight.[/QUOTE]

Ive bought from his as well and not a complaint whatsoever from me. Im pleased with my purchase and it was exactly as advertised with no humpery or falsehoods. Price is as okay too, so I assume no shill bidding.

I have done business with him also, no issues at all.
    Moved seaside full time now, life IS good !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephB View Post
    So, what is the complaint? I’ve had two flawless transactions with Sreisel and no complaints whatsoever. Both items were exactly as described, promptly shipped, and well packaged.

lol i don't think there is a complainant only that the grey blanket gets 2-3x the going rate consistently and nobody can figure it out. Lol. He's legit and I've never heard a complaint about doing business with him

i think just like any purchase you need to know what you are buying. he may have questionable stuff from time to time but if the buyers are ok with it.
    Be Kind, for Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Great Battle. ~ Plato

Keith McCauley

Quote Originally Posted by jeeplover View Post
    i think just like any purchase you need to know what you are buying. he may have questionable stuff from time to time but if the buyers are ok with it.

That is the main point. Myself and others over the last 6 years have seen a couple items that WERE outright fake. Type 14 Nambu lanyard and a German HEER buckle were two that I remember being fake.

Other senior members on here have called him out on other items...ie guns that were messed with, renumbered ect. But to no avail, the item descriptions were not changed and the items were sold as what they were.............mis-represented items.

I bought a very expensive pistol on gb ($4k plus a little) that would not lock up and thus could not shoot. I returned, got a full refund, then he called me, agreed with my assessment, then after he repaired, sold to me for less than my final bid.

Larry is a good guy, many transactions, a plus on every 1.

Just my assessment from personal experience. For what's it is worth.

William