Gunboards Forums banner

Off Topic: Grey Man has another seller name on GB

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  william31 
#1 ·
Selling as jsalberry92 ​and I noticed too many similarities.

Same city, same grey carpet background......and same horizontal scar on left hand trigger finger..........same guy!

See less See more
#3 ·
They have 399 transactions with five or so things listed right now for bid and they are all non-firearm. Looks like it is the same guy and he’s just breaking out his sales. As much volume as he does I guess I could see him trying to separate out the non-FFL stuff maybe.

#6 ·
I believe that's his nephew. I've been set up to the nephew before at local shows and he deals mostly militaria. Uses the same blanket style to cover his tables. I think he also helps take the photos for sreisel, which explains the same hands.

#10 ·
Selling as jsalberry92 ​and I noticed too many similarities.

Same city, same grey carpet background......and same horizontal scar on left hand trigger finger..........same guy!

We need you to do some investigation into the Anitfa leadership identification so we can take them out with a drone strike. I'll pay for the first missile.

The real reason grey blanket did this is simple - he's dodging income taxes.

When you reach $20K in gross sales (tracked thru PayPal) Ebay will send you and the IRS a nice little 1099k.

Soooo he spreads it out over "friends and family". I know several strong Ebay "hobby" sellers who do this thru relatives in other states. They track their sales closely and switch to the other account as they approach the threshold.
Since he sells so much he probably does dual, concurrent Ebay sales accounts. At some point he will probably add another "friends and family" account or two.

#11 ·
This is his nephew's account, he has his own stuff he buys and sells on it. He uses the grey blanket as a selling point.
He does the vast amount of the shipping, receiving, photos, etc. for sreisel while he is away in buying trips.

Patrick

#14 ·
Personally I've dealt with him before and had no issues on the items descriptions and even expensive returns so I have no dog in this fight.[/QUOTE said:
I’ve bought from his as well and not a complaint whatsoever from me. I’m pleased with my purchase and it was exactly as advertised with no humpery or falsehoods. Price is as okay too, so I assume no shill bidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
i think just like any purchase you need to know what you are buying. he may have questionable stuff from time to time but if the buyers are ok with it.

That is the main point. Myself and others over the last 6 years have seen a couple items that WERE outright fake. Type 14 Nambu lanyard and a German HEER buckle were two that I remember being fake.

Other senior members on here have called him out on other items...ie guns that were messed with, renumbered ect. But to no avail, the item descriptions were not changed and the items were sold as what they were.............mis-represented items.

#19 ·
I bought a very expensive pistol on gb ($4k plus a little) that would not lock up and thus could not shoot. I returned, got a full refund, then he called me, agreed with my assessment, then after he repaired, sold to me for less than my final bid.

Larry is a good guy, many transactions, a plus on every 1.

Just my assessment from personal experience. For what's it is worth.

William

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.