A Book about Century Arms International Survey - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Book about Century Arms International Survey

Already have one - kinda, Near complete set of Century Catalogs, flyers and other ad stuff from 1980 -2007 ?

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    Already have one - kinda, Near complete set of Century Catalogs, flyers and other ad stuff from 1980 -2007 ?
    Vin:

You should consider starting a thread and posting photos or scans of those old catalogs. I had a huge stack of catalogs and flyers from the same period but there was a leak in one of my storage units and I had to throw them away.
    Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Richard in NY* View Post
    Vin:

You should consider starting a thread and posting photos or scans of those old catalogs. I had a huge stack of catalogs and flyers from the same period but there was a leak in one of my storage units and I had to throw them away.
    Mine are dry and in order. Kept them in volume books. One for Century, SOG, Fedord, Navy arms etc. many are special ones from Shot Show. Also 4 boxes of shotgun news during same period. Was going to do a book myself about interactions with importers. Down to one working arm so would be tough to post. Would consider selling them all as research material. Some of my invoice files would really "kill" some newbies.

It is good to see those old catalogs and flyers these days....

Those old timers (we old timers?) need to be cut down a notch when they post:
    “I used to buy new/unissued SKS rifles for $35 and they threw in a case of steel core ammo”. Stuff WAS cheap, but some claims?..well, just too good to be true!
    "Saigon Tea, 60 P, you no buy you di di DI!"

Quote Originally Posted by ammolab View Post
    It is good to see those old catalogs and flyers these days....

Those old timers (we old timers?) need to be cut down a notch when they post:
    “I used to buy new/unissued SKS rifles for $35 and they threw in a case of steel core ammo”. Stuff WAS cheap, but some claims?..well, just too good to be true!
    All the ads Complete SKS's never less than around 75 (shipped) and no ammo. SKS "paratrooper" kits w/o stocks and handguards for $25 @ Reno Show. They kept refilling the table from a box truck outside. 7.62x39 was sold by Longs Drugs for about .10/rd. 8mm Turk for .03/rd shipped. My UPS guy about quit.

Heard stories that when Century bought out the Turk Armories some arrived in ships. Some reportedly being towed by other ships as they were on way to being scrapped. Pricing by pennies per pound FOB?

Question

Im nterested ..at what price point, pages?
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvent !"

I'm in!

can any one tell me what the p price will be?

I have interest in a copy! I met SteveK a few times at the SHOT SHOW! He was a great guy to talk to, bought a bunch of stuff from him over the years!

Point6

BTT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12