Can anyone help with the translation on this Nambu Type 14

Thread: Can anyone help with the translation on this Nambu Type 14

Default Can anyone help with the translation on this Nambu Type 14

I am a newbie to both Nambu's and posting, so be gentle with me. Can anyone help with the translation? I asked someone from Japan and they could translate the first few symbols but said the last few could possibly be Chinese or older language that is no longer used.
    Their translation was "The first 2 letters say Future, then next 2 letters are distance, and next 2 letters are scale, and in parenthesis is Meter." This is on a Nambu Type 14. Also, is this common or something unique. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nambu_Translation.jpg  

It look like a tag that was on something else. Maybe a GI put it on. IMO totally irrelevant to the pistol.
    Preserving history. One rifle at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
    It look like a tag that was on something else. Maybe a GI put it on. IMO totally irrelevant to the pistol.
    Thank you for the information. I hope it does not detract from the guns value.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Can’t help with the translation but like Big Ed said, I’d wager to guess it was put on by a US service member who acquired the pistol. Seems there are a good number of examples out there of GIs “enhancing” rifles/pistols with Japanese bits such as the one on your pistol. Pulled from boxes, tools, electrical panels, on and on, to make the trophy look more “Japanese”. It’s part of the history of the gun though so I think it’s pretty neat. As far as value, suppose that depends on who you ask. To someone who wants an untouched gun, yeah it may not appeal to them...but to others it’s still part of the history and may actually enhance interest. Neat piece either way!

I was watching that one. I do like some of these 'enhanced' guns, though I don't think it really adds to the value unless the addition is interesting in it's own right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55157_1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	3669039
    In Memorium:
    GM1c - LST 941

You can view pics of my collection nowhere atm due to photobucket being pricks.
    As a person I am naturally slow to respond. On top of that I travel for work and can work very long days.
    This all adds up to: Don't worry, I'll get back to you, eventually.