Where to source a quality Colt 1911

Thread: Where to source a quality Colt 1911

Default Where to source a quality Colt 1911

I am kicking around the idea of investing in a collector grade Colt 1911 WWI era military vintage. As its my Holy Grail of US Service hand guns. You only live once, and it seems like it will always be a value holding collectible firearm. My question is fairly straight forward, any advise on where to keep an eye out for one? I truly don't want to use GunBroker for such a high end item. I would feel more comfortable buying from a trustworthy dealer or collectible shop or of course a member on here. Prices on the Broker seem to skyrocket and there are too many scammers with schill bidding etc for these expensive items. I know our sponsor Simpson LTD has a good selection and is the kind of stand up place I would buy from. I know what these sell for, and I'm under no illusion of looking for a "steal of a deal", I want quality for my lifetime and beyond. If anyone has any experience or knows of somewhere that specializes in honesty quality Colt 1911s, I'd love to check it out. Thanks for reading. ~148
    In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
    ~FDR (1936)

Simpson LTD is an excellent possibility and another could be Collectors Firearms https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/ Empire Arms is yet another place to watch. They have an advance mailing list you can get on that will give you heads up before new items are placed on the general website. https://empirearms.com/

Legacy Collectibles has always treated me fair.

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...s/1911-pistols

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the replies, I will be checking with these shops.
    Anyone have any advise on good reference material for Colt 1911s? I feel like learning more before purchasing one based on "what looks nice to me" is probably the best investment.
    In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
    ~FDR (1936)

Scott G. usually has some. Legacy gets some good ones and some not so good. NGD/SOS is the best source. A Colt will be pricey if nice and correct, like $2k plus or minus. They can be found but it is a swamp. Use USGI 1911forum and others for a learning experience. Buy Clawson's book if you can.