M91 interrupter/ejector question...Problem solved!.

Thread: M91 interrupter/ejector question...Problem solved!.

Default M91 interrupter/ejector question...Problem solved!.

When I shot my N.E.W M91 for the first time the other week I noticed that when feeding a round extra effort was needed to push the bolt forward and strip a round from the mag.

Whilst having a look at it today I realised the rim of the round is hanging up on the interrupter/ejector in the area just behind the small protusion that ejects the case in the area arrowed in the pic and I have to tap the bolt handle to get the round past that point.If I push the interrupter/ejector with my finger it moves freely and isn't gummed up.

Is it just a case of dressing it with a stone or could it be something else?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch-1592147475109.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	813.2 KB 
ID:	3670437
    Last edited by Snayperskaya; 06-16-2020 at 03:07 AM.
    No ads in signature

Nick is offline Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Polishing won't hurt, but the function should not rely on the polished/non-polished surface of the interrupter-ejector. Too much force, maybe? The tail looks bent; if true, the i/e will apply too much force.

As always, the interrupter-ejector is the weakest point of the design. Not to mention that it is needless and avoidable.
    "It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не п'є - то вiн або хворий, або падлюка." - Невідомий українець

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Polishing won't hurt, but the function should not rely on the polished/non-polished surface of the interrupter-ejector. Too much force, maybe? The tail looks bent; if true, the i/e will apply too much force.

As always, the interrupter-ejector is the weakest point of the design. Not to mention that it is needless and avoidable.
    To be honest the one in the photo is a generic one I found on the 'net, mine is still in the rifle and I'll have a better idea once I have time to take the stock off and have a clower look but to be honest the interrupter seems to move as it should and doesn't "feel" any different to my other Mosins, albeit they are 91/30's and have the two piece interrupter/ejector fitted.
    No ads in signature

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Problem sorted now through a combination of cleaning all the crap off the interrupter and cleaning out its slot in the receiver and shimming the magazine body as there was very little clearance between the mag body and the receiver.

The bolt slides forward on a round with no real effort now and the case rims aren't hanging up so happy days.
    No ads in signature

That magazine clearance is often overlooked...can make a huge dif.

Quote Originally Posted by reiver1 View Post
    That magazine clearance is often overlooked...can make a huge dif.
    The magazine was seated to the point where the floorplate hinge rivets (not sure what else to call them) were starting to mark the stock and there was very little to no clearance.As soon as I added the shims and reassembled it the rim of my dummy round slide past the interrupter smoothly without hanging up so it seems as though with no clearance there was enough upwards pressure to cause the rim to bind on the underside of the interrupter.
    No ads in signature

I'd have to look but isn't the proper clearance min at 2 mm

Quote Originally Posted by reiver1 View Post
    I'd have to look but isn't the proper clearance min at 2 mm
    1-3mm if this is anything to go by......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MosinShims-02.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	3673557
    No ads in signature