What are these Boots.

Thread: What are these Boots.

Default What are these Boots.

Trying to figure out what kind of Boots these are and what happened to them. TIA

Finestkind

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01160.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	747.7 KB 
ID:	3670829 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01159.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	3670831 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01158.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	3670833

“A” width? Damn odd boots.
    "It is not the number of rounds you fire or the noise that you make, it is the hits that count." Lewis B. Puller Jr., USMC

what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

They look like Corcoran boots. Maybe for Para or motorcycle use.

they look exactly like the "tanker's boots" that US tankers in Germany in the 70s use to wear . they were highly unauthorized for wear, but that wasn't really pushed by commanders during that period of time

So they are WWII boots that were modified with Zippers? I was thinking they started life as Corcoran Boots also. Interesting about the Brand and Logo.

Finestkind

Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    So they are WWII boots that were modified with Zippers? I was thinking they started life as Corcoran Boots also. Interesting about the Brand and Logo.

didn't say they were WW2 vintage or modified, purposely made "tanker's boots" like style, maybe motorcycle?

just stating the fact they look exactly, like the kind of boots that tankers wore when I was stationed in Germany. they bought them by mail order catalog from a retail outlet called U.S. CAVARLY STORE which was just outside of Ft. Knox, Ky. home and school of armor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Cavalry_Store
    Last edited by SfcRet; 06-14-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Definitely not tankers boots from the 70s--they were black (as were all Army leather boots back then) and were secured by straps, not laces and buckles. Look to me like late WWII issue combat boots modded with zippers.
    "I have never seen a situation so desperate the arrival of a policeman did not make worse"
    Brendan Behan, Irish poet

They are odd to me as they have the zippers and were dyed black at one time but that seems to be thinning. It also appears that the tops have been cut down. Not Corcoran as they did not use buckles.

Finestkind

The zippers are a obvious user addition modification by a shoe shop.
    Notice how irregular the stitching is around the zipper.
    They're not paratrooper boots because they don't have the beveled heel, or the internal canvas reinforcing web across the instep.

These look like possibly a pair of PX dress two buckle combat boots.
    Rear echelon troops during WWII attempted to shine the two buckle boots that had the rough-out leather lowers and grain leather cuffs.
    I don't know how they got the rough lowers to polish but possible they were made somewhere.
    I do know I've seen WWII photos of rear echelon troopers wearing polished two buckle combat boots.

Paratroopers also only used two buckle WWII type combat boots once.
    That was Market Garden when for some unknown reason some staff jerk ordered them not to wear their beloved jump boots but to wear the hated two buckle "straight leg" combat boots.
    In a giant "F-you" many jumpers cut the top cuffs with the buckles off and buckled them around their jump boots to look like they were wearing the combat boots.
    In the plane they took these off and tossed them on the floor of the plane and jumped wearing their jump boots.