CZ-52 accuracy

Thread: CZ-52 accuracy

Default CZ-52 accuracy

What kind of accuracy do you all get with your CZ-52 pistols?

I have a couple that I bought some years back, when they were cheaper ($99 each as I recall)- two nice specimens in good condition, pristine bores, holsters with extra mags. I bought a bunch of ammo back then too, for dirt cheap, full tins for less than a dime per round.

I tinkered with them for a while and came to the conclusion that they just weren't very accurate. They've sat in the back of the safe for quite a while. Recently I came across a bag full of reloadable brass and figured I'd try my hand at loading that caliber. I dug out a couple boxes of .30 cal half jacket "plinker" bullets and figured I'd try them. My first 8-round group, at 25 yards from a rest, produced a nice 2.5" group. Now I know many of you all can do better than that, but that's pretty good for me.

Now I'm wondering how many other old guns I have that could probably shoot better with better ammo, rather that decades-old surplus well past it's prime, that probably wasn't very good when it was new.

I have a couple too that I bought at the same prices you mention - cases of ammo too. I have had them for so long I forget how they shoot. I should probable let them go and get ssomething else that sparks my interest. I think I have a couple boxes of "self defense" ammo I should try shooting just for fun.

I have a refurb CZ 52 that shoots better then I can aim. If you wish to ever sell one of your pistols Shoots High please contact me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I can hit a steel silhouette at 25 yards every time. I think that’s all it’s meant for. I’m using junk surplus ammo too with duds every 8 rounds. A very enjoyable gun. It’s looks And design are way ahead of its time. Very unique. Mine looked like nos with no import mark for $300 a year ago