WTB - SVT 40 Sling, M39 Front Band Crossbolt

Thread: WTB - SVT 40 Sling, M39 Front Band Crossbolt

Default WTB - SVT 40 Sling, M39 Front Band Crossbolt

Hello all,

Looking for an original WWII era SVT-40 sling. I know these are pretty uncommon as I've been looking for a while and have had no luck. Not terribly picky on condition so long as it's serviceable. Already have a com bloc PPSH sling on the rifle as a place holder, so not looking for any more of those types of slings at this time.

Also in need of the horizontal cross bolt that goes through the front band of an M39. Ideally looking for one with a clean head/slot that isn't marred up as the one I'm trying to replace looks pretty gouged up like someone used an improper screwdriver on it a few too many times.

If anyone has either of these items that they'd be willing to part with, please feel free to let me know anytime and whatever your asking price would be. Welcome to either PM me here or contact by text for any pictures at 231-six90-O67five.

Appreciate any help and have a good one!
    -Ken

What type SVT 40 sling? Which type stock is it? Pic?

I have a WW2 SVT sling, but it is the one with pig skin ties on it. You can see a picture of one on the SVT section on Mosin Nagant.net.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. It is for a regular SVT type stock with the front and rear metal sling loops rather than the AVT type that would use a rear dog collar. Can send a pic if needed and feel free to PM me as well if you have other questions or anything.

@Louie Thanks, I may be interested and will take a look in the SVT section you pointed out before I send you a PM later.

Here's what an original SVT 40 sling looks like. This works with all types of SVT 40 stocks as it uses dog collars. There is a lot of outdated and incorrect information on the Mosin Nagant .net site.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...ossible-SVT-40

Question SVT 40 Use Slings?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjxlr8 View Post
    Here's what an original SVT 40 sling looks like. This works with all types of SVT 40 stocks as it uses dog collars. There is a lot of outdated and incorrect information on the Mosin Nagant .net site.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...ossible-SVT-40
    The following slings I'll show I purchased from well known sources as being SVT40 slings. Reason being the 33" length for rifle rather than the shorter PPsH/Carbine slings. Let's discuss because I want to tell K.H. the correct information.

I added two more photos bottom to discuss, these are shorter in comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slings.jpg  

IMG_20200621_144433.jpg  

Last edited by Skratch; 06-22-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Add Photo