Steyr Hahn M1912 08 conversion value?

Thread: Steyr Hahn M1912 08 conversion value?

Default Steyr Hahn M1912 08 conversion value?

I'm trying to find what the average value of the gun in good condition would be. It would be a Austro-Hungarian gun that was converted to 9mm luger by the Germans during ww2. I've been discussing about buying there gun but I'm not sure what to offer them. I've checked gunbrokers completed sale search and found only two listings which were both sold for around $2200, so is that the about average price you'd pay or something else?

$2200 seems really high to me. I paid $1250 for a really nice example about two years ago and that seemed average price-wise at the time. I’d be shocked if they’ve gone up that much since then. I would think 1100-1300 would be more inline with what I’d be willing to pay for one today depending on condition.

I don't really know market value but I will sell you mine for $2000

Jim

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Well the non converted steyrs are selling for around $1100 and the converted ones people seem to have a higher desire for so wherever I look online that I manage to find they are selling around $2000 so either I'm not having good luck finding the lower average value that they really are or the value has gone up in two years.

Whether it is sensible or not, they do seem to be consistently bringing around $2000 on gunbroker in excellent condition nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernyc View Post
    Whether it is sensible or not, they do seem to be consistently bringing around $2000 on gunbroker in excellent condition nowadays...
    Wow.....I am amazed to hear that. I was going to to say the same as KH195. I bought mine maybe 3 years ago at a show for $1100. But then again, most other guns are gone up tremendously as well. I recall about the same time, I paid $350 for a French 35A German contract and now you can't touch them for under $1000.
    Sam