Waiting to see how THIS goes - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waiting to see how THIS goes

Was thinking about ring but LEO here said theres handheld gizmos that shut down net connected alarms available. Was sorry to hear that.

wink2

What I tell...is a given! Ventovka
    The things most people haven’t thought about ..”are in place!
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Quote Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
    Was thinking about ring but LEO here said theres handheld gizmos that shut down net connected alarms available. Was sorry to hear that.
    That is why I do not get one. I have the old fashioned hard wired alarm, a 4 legged back up alarm that functions as an intruder delaying, attention grabbing, distraction machine running on milkbones, and a handy pistol that gets me to the 12 gauge shotgun for Home Defense.

It is possible to provide a good level of protection with just 3-4 strategically placed, wireless, PIR's hooked up to a landline or battery backed up VOIPs.

As mentioned, a layered defence should be considered. Control points of access by plantings (bougainvillea or other suitable thorny species) or fencing, dog, solid core doors on suitable hinges and locks fronted by security screens, laminated glass to outside windows in sturdy frames + roller shutters and PIR's inside, CCTV surveillance inside and out. Strong room for sanctuary, plus brick houses are the norm here.
    Avoid buying a corner block, prefer culs de sac or low trafficked locations and security conscious neighbours. Obviously can be accused of going overboard.

cpw is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member

Quote Originally Posted by Estaban View Post
    You can have Alexa (amazon) access your Ring if you want but I would never have Alexa in my house. My "closed circuit tv" system is accessed through my wifi like the Ring but it's got a password so strong and long no ones ever gonna crack it. Besides it's just video of outside.
    Then there's the alarm system, then the big dog. Game cameras and driveway motion detectors. If you can get through all that without the sheriff getin here or me seeing it and calling them then ya gotta get into the safe room, then the safe.
    Plus the neighbors got a clear view of my driveway.
    I'll get pictures of them and their car.
    Paranoid? Nope, just security.
    Better to be safe than sorry.
    Charlie
    II Thessalonians 3:10
    Romans 1:26-32
    I Corinthians 6:9

I used to have a very good security system. It was my busybody next door neighbor who was always home and would let us know whenever she saw a strange car or person walking up the street. She always watched out house for us while we were away(and at home for that matter). Unfortunately she passed away several months back.

I got these around the house. Pretty much the best natural defense you can get. If you ever met one personally you'd swear they can jump several inches.
    Beware of Teddy bear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TedCholla.jpg  

Don't Violate My Airspace

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

I got these around the house. Pretty much the best natural defense you can get. If you ever met one personally you'd swear they can jump several inches.
    Beware of Teddy bear
    Saw a place over in San Augustine that had a hedge around the lot. Appears to have been produced by planting bodark trees for a core, and pruning them. Then add pyracantha, Spanish dagger, and prickly pear, plus encouraging (as if it needed it) greenvine (a/k/a natural barbed wire). As used to be said about a GOOD fence - Horse high, bull strong and hog tight. Not much but birds or snakes would be able to go through it, people or animals much bigger than rabbits gonna have to use the (stout) gates. Original owner was apparently a bit averse to intruders and nobody tried to change the perimeter security thereafter (I wouldn't want that job, not even with machinery).
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Gray fog bound straights where cedars stand watching

Out here a friend of mine has an 8-ft Himilayan blackberry hedge around his field. Nothing penetrates an old growth hedge of that stuff, it would be easier to cut your way out of San Quentin.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Glad to hear other minds on the same wavelength. Most don't even think about perimeter plantings.

Quote Originally Posted by chasdev View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/200-oklahom...rights-1512189

200 Oklahoma Black Gun Owners Set to Rally for 2nd Amendment Rights.

According to The Oklahoman, the demonstration is organized by Omar Chatman, 41, and is intended to bring attention to concerns that the Second Amendment rights of African Americans are not often respected.

"I have encountered the police and observed them while holding my gun from a safe distance," Chatman said. "I've been displeased with every encounter. They treat Black men with guns with condescension and sarcasm. They should engage us as they would anyone else."

Philip Smith, president and found of the National African American Gun Association, said law enforcement agencies and society as a whole typically have a negative view of African Americans who carry guns.
    Frankly so what?
    Do you have a problem with them having the same rights & responsibilities? If so Why?
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.
    : Billy (The kid / Dennis Hopper).

Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chasdev View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/200-oklahom...rights-1512189

200 Oklahoma Black Gun Owners Set to Rally for 2nd Amendment Rights.

According to The Oklahoman, the demonstration is organized by Omar Chatman, 41, and is intended to bring attention to concerns that the Second Amendment rights of African Americans are not often respected.

"I have encountered the police and observed them while holding my gun from a safe distance," Chatman said. "I've been displeased with every encounter. They treat Black men with guns with condescension and sarcasm. They should engage us as they would anyone else."

Philip Smith, president and found of the National African American Gun Association, said law enforcement agencies and society as a whole typically have a negative view of African Americans who carry guns.
    Frankly so what?
    Do you have a problem with them having the same rights & responsibilities? If so Why?
    I dont have a problem with them having the same rights& responsibilities. I have a problem with them exerting dominance and that is where I think this issue is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Highrider View Post
    I sincerely hope it goes well
    Strangely, when gun owners gather up to "protest" some aspect of our government, it DOES "turn out well".
    They don't even leave a mess behind them (like thousands of water bottles everywhere (everywhere except trash cans))
    When has it NOT?
    And yet, it is reported as "gun violence" by politicians and their media sack-hangers.

On the other hand, "peaceful" protests by UNARMED liberal groups, seem to devolve into "peaceful" destruction of property, "peaceful" looting", "peaceful" beatings of anyone nearby (who doesn't have a gun), "peaceful" burnings of cars.
    This is always reported as being "mostly peaceful".............................
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
    It would not go far at all and be called down as racist. What the moderates of this country need to realize is that there is no system racism. That in fact, the United States is so sensitive to racism and finds it so abhorrent that it is now being used against us to silence the moderates into submission. Racial clubs that threaten violence or preach supremacy have no business in our country.

There simply is no systemic racism. Look at NASCAR. NASCAR is considered by many on the ignorant left as the nest of white supremacy. When Bubba Wallace appeared to be the victim of hate crime, the everyday folks of NASCAR did not remain silent. They banded together and sent an unmistakable message that they would not tolerate the ignorance of racism.
    And yet, when the entire Bubba Wallace Kerfluffle turned out to be so much overhyped bullshit, quite possibly kicked deliberately by Bubba himself into motion for some Victimhood Credit Points, silence....................................
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Smith View Post
    This situation has two main issues. 1. The blacks who want the world to see past the color of their skin, yet they use their color as reason for their every problem they have in society. 2. The white apologists who bow down every time something goes awry in black society. It's time both sides give it up.
    Agreed.

Armed Pro-Gun and BLM activists join for rally against police and gov't overreach in Richmond

Same as always.
    Tough as a marshmallow when they have no opposition, when there's no resistance.
    The moment the rubber hits the road swap to sniveling li'l momma's crybabies, just like Wind, or Fart or whatever the CHAZ/CHOP "El Supremo's street name is.
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.
    : Billy (The kid / Dennis Hopper).

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstuffer View Post
    And yet, when the entire Bubba Wallace Kerfluffle turned out to be so much overhyped bullshit, quite possibly kicked deliberately by Bubba himself into motion for some Victimhood Credit Points, silence....................................
    I personally do not think Wallace is another Jesse Smollett. Looking at the garage pull, I think he was thought the worst and expected the worst from NASCAR. It is more on NASCAR for not doing even a cursory investigation before jumping on the bandwagon to virtue signal. NASCAR should be the one really apologizing but in today's climate that would be a landmine in today's cancel culture. Imagine a bunch of White guys saying, "Yeah, we did not check it out and jumped the gun in support of our first Black Driver. It is not his fault but ours for being so eager to support him." You know it would not be seen as people simply caring about other people but turned into political hay with accusation of racism.

I think both Wallace and NASCAR have adopted the old, "better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it up and confirm it."

A little calm, some thought, and the realization the vast majority of educated people are past racism. They are more concerned with getting ahead in the working adult world.

Armed Pro-Gun and BLM activists join for rally against police and gov't overreach in Richmond

These organization are trained to deliver catch phrases and sound bites that seem perfectly reasonable. It is just smoke and mirrors to keep the "useful idiots" useful and lull the moderates to sleep.

Black Lives Matter co-founder describes herself as ‘trained Marxist’
    We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,”
    She described to Democracy Now! how she became a trained organizer with the Labor/Community Strategy Center, which she called her “first political home” under the mentorship of Mann, its director, Breitbart reported.The center, which describes its philosophy as “an urban experiment,” uses grassroots organization to “focus on Black and Latino communities with deep historical ties to the long history of anti-colonial, anti-imperialist, pro-communist resistance to the US empire,” according to the outlet.
    It also expresses its appreciation for the work of the US Communist Party, “especially Black communists,” as well as its support for “the great work of the Black Panther Party, the American Indian Movement, Young Lords, Brown Berets, and the great revolutionary rainbow experiments of the 1970s,” Breitbart reported.
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co...ained-marxist/

Hey don't shoot the messenger. I was just posting that cus ya'll were talking BLM and stuff. Nice to see everyone getting together for 2nd amendment rights.

Now I don't rightly know about the garage door hand pulls but I never seen one in a noose fashion. Maybe it's a south thing.

I personally do not think Wallace is another Jesse Smollett. Looking at the garage pull, I think he was thought the worst and expected the worst from NASCAR. It is more on NASCAR for not doing even a cursory investigation before jumping on the bandwagon to virtue signal. NASCAR should be the one really apologizing but in today's climate that would be a landmine in today's cancel culture. Imagine a bunch of White guys saying, "Yeah, we did not check it out and jumped the gun in support of our first Black Driver. It is not his fault but ours for being so eager to support him." You know it would not be seen as people simply caring about other people but turned into political hay with accusation of racism.

I think both Wallace and NASCAR have adopted the old, "better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it up and confirm it."

A little calm, some thought, and the realization the vast majority of educated people are past racism. They are more concerned with getting ahead in the working adult world.
    But Wallace played it for his benefit.
    Charlie

I remember watching the only black driver in Nascar in the early 19600's. He was his whole crew, jumped out and changed his tires and added gas. The fans, mostly white, who cheered him far outnumbered his detractors. Hopefully someone can bring up his name(Wendel Scott}.

More importantly, more people of color need exercise their RKBAs need do so. They tried to take it from Native American and AAs. We are blessed so many resisted, even at wounded knee go there, I have and it reeks of depression. IMO the Native Americans got a far bigger shaft than did AAs. They were enslaved also and from 10 million when Columbus arrived, and only 100K were here in 1900, who got the bigger shaft? The tready of 1866 said the NAs owned the black hills. Give up the right and watch our precious peoples of all races get shafted. We are one country under God. We can not give up the good our country was founded under, including the second amendment, or we will have no country.

We are not perfect but the best. Anyone who does not think so should leave IMO. They should to North Korea, China, Iran, etc.. Enjoy yourself there then you will know the USA is the best, if you survive being there.

Get some perspective folks. If America was so evil, why did so many die in the civil war? It was about 1 union soldier died for each Slave. We paid big folks.
    Last edited by mike radford; 07-07-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Hey don't shoot the messenger. I was just posting that cus ya'll were talking BLM and stuff. Nice to see everyone getting together for 2nd amendment rights.

Now I don't rightly know about the garage door hand pulls but I never seen one in a noose fashion. Maybe it's a south thing.
    I have that right now. When I lived in the barracks a 1/75th Ranger INF, the entire platoon used 550 cord for our curtain pulls and put nooses on them. Nothing to do with BLM or anything racist...it just looked cool to a 19 year old Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    I remember watching the only black driver in Nascar in the early 19600's. He was his whole crew, jumped out and changed his tires and added gas. The fans, mostly white, who cheered him far outnumbered his detractors. Hopefully someone can bring up his name(Wendel Scott}.

More importantly, more people of color need exercise their RKBAs need do so. They tried to take it from Native American and AAs. We are blessed so many resisted, even at wounded knee go there, I have and it reeks of depression. IMO the Native Americans got a far bigger shaft than did AAs. They were enslaved also and from 10 million when Columbus arrived, and only 100K were here in 1900, who got the bigger shaft? The tready of 1866 said the NAs owned the black hills. Give up the right and watch our precious peoples of all races get shafted. We are one country under God. We can not give up the good our country was founded under, including the second amendment, or we will have no country.

We used to fall back to factual reasoned argument to resolve disputes looking for a "win, win" solution. The pipeline for example. The tribe is worried about their land and water being contaminated. That is legitimate grip. The country needs that pipeline and it will benefit every American. That is a legitimate gripe.

If it was my world, I would tack a 1/10 of a penny surcharge on every gallon of gas that can be made from barrels of oil moving thru that pipeline. That money would go to the tribe two conditions. First, those tribes form a monitoring agency employing members of the tribe to monitor for leaks and the health of their land (the pipeline is not actually on their land but the potential exists to for a spill to contaminate water supplies). Second, whatever is left over goes to the tribal coffers for schools and programs to benefit the Tribe. A 1/10 of a penny would be a buck or so to the consumer on a average fill up. It would be ~7.2 million per year for the tribe and represents a 50% increase in the current tribal budget. They could do all the testing they wanted and send their kids to better schools. If a threat the environment was discovered, the tribal agency would work with the oil company to clean it up with EPA monitoring/assistance.

The same controversy surrounded the Alaska Pipeline which has turned out to be a boon to both the people and the environment. It has three incidents, one sabotage, one drunk with a rifle shot the thing, and the Exxon Valdez ran aground after filling up on it. While they were not "good" things were cleaned up and the environment was not effected. The largest salmon haul in the history of Alaska occurred the year after the Exxon Valdez. They had so much salmon they could not process it all and a significant portion just rotted.

Honestly, oil comes from the ground and is part of the environment. Down on the Gulf we had all the doomsayers quaking when the BP offshore pipe broke. The whole Gulf was gonna die. Literally NOTHING happenend. There are natural subsurface petroleum seeps in the Gulf that dwarf the volume of oil split by BP.

https://www.mrc.org/news/alaska-pipe...ings-revisited

Advances in techniques to detect seeps in the ocean and the expansion of oil and gas exploration into the offshore regions in the last 50–60 years greatly increased geographic coverage and the number of reported marine seeps. Annual oil seepage to the marine environment was estimated to be 600,000 tonnes (i.e., metric tons) (180 million gallons [gal]) globally and 160,000 tonnes (47 million gal) in North America from 1990 to 1999 (Kvenvolden and Cooper 2003; Coleman et al. 2003; Table 5.1).
    https://link.springer.com/chapter/10...-4939-3447-8_5

We are not perfect but the best. Anyone who does not think so should leave IMO. They should to North Korea, China, Iran, etc.. Enjoy yourself there then you will know the USA is the best, if you survive being there.

Get some perspective folks. If America was so evil, why did so many die in the civil war? It was about 1 union soldier died for each Slave. We paid big folks.
    I think you are right. None of my friends who happen to be black have expressed support for BLM. They are appalled and a few have expressed shame over what is happening with these protesters, using racism to shut down free speech, and culture of virtue signaling. All it does is detract from the outlier's and very rare cases of REAL racism.

I feel bad for the welfare class Blacks. They are being lied to and made to be pawns. In the end, BLM will only give them more misery, violence and death as the most at risk neighborhoods get the most benefit from Police.

My Ex wife is Shoshone and we are still friends. Her family still lives on the Reservation. We had Native Americans in the unit. Most Native Americans not only are valued members but view themselves as a member of a larger tribe now, The United States of America. They are not for tearing this country down and even have their own Tribal songs celebrating being Americans. They are warriors and proud to of it. We couldn't have won WWII in the Pacific without Native Americans.

We started with a very revolutionary idea that all men are created equal and Government derives its power from the people it serves. It has been a constant struggle to align our history with our beliefs. The bad and good is important. It shows us were we have been, the mistakes as well as injustices that have tripped us up, and where we have been successful in forming a more perfect union. It lays a blueprint for the future giving us the experience and lessons of the past.

From everything that have seen this guy Maj Toure has a good organization and just wants to help. He has dropped off the net for almost a year after having a fallout with the Philadelphia Libertarian Party. I hope he is sticking to his message.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blo...k-guns-matter/
    Last edited by davidsog; 07-07-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Everyone matters..as long as you don’t forcefully push it up my as* out my mouth!
    "Christ’s Grace + being constitutionally solvently Give strength resistant To Marxism!

Back to topic anyway.
    Seems really hard to be around guns and not run into racism. Either at the range or gun shop there's always someone who starts mouthing off how President Obama was a secret Muslim Antichrist. The black dudes are here to practise their drive-bys. Some of it comes down to fear i think. Republicans and racists are often motivated by fear, so it make sense they would want to load up on guns to quell those fears. Guns tend to attract insecure manchildren who only want them for the purpose of assuaging said insecurities.
    Lots of people think 2A is only for white people.

Eminently reasonable.
    Likely eminently correct.

And NOT going to happen these days.

As of this summer, I have written off both NASCAR and Football, which will give me more time to do actually pleasant things (or at least things I need to be doing instead of sitting on my arse being entertained for 2-3 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstuffer View Post
    Eminently reasonable.
    Likely eminently correct.

And NOT going to happen these days.

As of this summer, I have written off both NASCAR and Football, which will give me more time to do actually pleasant things (or at least things I need to be doing instead of sitting on my arse being entertained for 2-3 hours).
    I agree. I too have written off the NFL, NASCAR, and most movies. If you play pretend or a game for a living then then your in the entertainment industry and part of your job is be thankful this country pays you so well. I want to be entertained not lectured from the bubble they live in.

Most countries do not pay actors and athletes near the money our country does. Most countries a famous actor is lucky to be making median income.

In fact, the NFL asked some us thru a veterans organization to come sit the pressbox for a game. We said "Thanks, but No, Thanks."

Back to topic anyway.
    Seems really hard to be around guns and not run into racism. Either at the range or gun shop there's always someone who starts mouthing off how President Obama was a secret Muslim Antichrist. The black dudes are here to practise their drive-bys. Some of it comes down to fear i think. Republicans and racists are often motivated by fear, so it make sense they would want to load up on guns to quell those fears. Guns tend to attract insecure manchildren who only want them for the purpose of assuaging said insecurities.
    Are you saying republicans and gun owners are racist? I think dk said it best;

Everyone matters..as long as you don’t forcefully push it up my as* out my mouth!

Back to topic anyway.
    That is a shocking statement as guns, Republicans, and racism are not synonymous as you claim.

People are entitled to their opinion Estaban. Just because you do not agree does not make them subject to virtue signaling, name calling, or any other attempt to shame people into silence. I am sure there are two sides to every coin.

Back to topic anyway.
    Seems really hard to be around guns and not run into racism. Either at the range or gun shop there's always someone who starts mouthing off how President Obama [FONT="]was a secret Muslim Antichrist. The black dudes are here to practise their drive-bys. S[/FONT][FONT="]ome of it comes down to fear i think. Republicans and racists are often motivated by fear, so it make sense they would want to load up on guns to quell those fears. [/FONT]Guns tend to attract insecure manchildren who only want them for the purpose of assuaging said insecurities.
    Well, remember the democrats wanted to keep the blacks as slaves. After the war and to the present, the members of the KKK were democrats and lynched blackish people as well as enforcing servitude. The democrats enacted all of the Jim Crow laws to control firearms and the blacks. And obama's wife had a big posterior.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by cpw View Post
    Well, remember the democrats wanted to keep the blacks as slaves. After the war and to the present, the members of the KKK were democrats and lynched blackish people as well as enforcing servitude. The democrats enacted all of the Jim Crow laws to control firearms and the blacks. And obama's wife had a big posterior.
    LOL Yeah yeah. My how times have changed.

"Neither the Democratic nor the Republican parties of today are like their 19th century forebearers. By the late 1960s, the national Democratic Party had abandoned its former support for legal segregation and enjoyed strong support from Black voters, while Republicans had embraced a white backlash to voting and civil rights to build their party in the South."

We used to teach character in school and at home but not anymore as our schools are teaching other things. Kapernack for example showed the traits of courage and empathy in his kneeling protest. Those are two traits of character but far from the entirety of it.

Loyalty is also a character trait.

The Most Underrated Character Trait
    Loyalty, like responsibility, perseverance, and honesty, is a fundamental and foundational component of character,
    https://kevinpaulscott.com/underrated-character-trait/

Dr Martin Luther King was not disloyal to this country in his protest 65 year ago. He was LOYAL to this country and his fellow citizens. All of his fellow citizens. He read the constitution, realized this country had in fact earned his loyalty by those same stated principles found in our constitution, and understood our union was not perfect. He enacted change to help bring that about by working within the system.

Character is not the ability to demonstrate a few good traits. Josef Goebbels was very loyal but hardly a man of good character. Edward Teech was full of courage and empathy but he was not a man of good character either.

Kapernack is not loyal and publicly expresses his racism and hate for this country. A good movement or belief system does not say we only use character traits that are convenient to the cause.

Good character uncompromisingly moves forward with an eye on all the traits required of it.

We used to teach character in school and at home but not anymore as our schools are teaching other things. Kapernack for example showed the traits of courage and empathy in his kneeling protest. Those are two traits of character but far from the entirety of it.

Loyalty is also a character trait.

The Most Underrated Character Trait
    Loyalty, like responsibility, perseverance, and honesty, is a fundamental and foundational component of character,
    https://kevinpaulscott.com/underrated-character-trait/

Dr Martin Luther King was not disloyal to this country in his protest 65 year ago. He was LOYAL to this country and his fellow citizens. All of his fellow citizens. He read the constitution, realized this country had in fact earned his loyalty, and understood our union was not perfect. He enacted change to help bring that about by working within the system.

Character is not the ability to demonstrate a few good traits. Josef Goebbels was very loyal but hardly a man of good character. Edward Teech was full of courage and empathy but he was not a man of good character either.

Kapernack is not loyal and publicly expresses his racism and hate for this country. A good movement or belief system does not say we only use character traits that are convenient to the cause.

Good character uncompromisingly moves forward with an eye on all the traits required of it.
    Good post seems loyalty and a persons word are two things lacking in today's world

Nothing here I’m getting into..

LOL Yeah yeah. My how times have changed.

"Neither the Democratic nor the Republican parties of today are like their 19th century forebearers. By the late 1960s, the national Democratic Party had abandoned its former support for legal segregation and enjoyed strong support from Black voters, while Republicans had embraced a white backlash to voting and civil rights to build their party in the South."
    Let's take Byrd for an example:

Initially elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1952, Byrd served there for six years before being elected to the Senate in 1958. He rose to become one of the Senate's most powerful members, serving as secretary of the Senate Democratic Caucus from 1967 to 1971 and—after defeating his longtime colleague, Ted Kennedy—as Senate Majority Whip from 1971 to 1977. Over the next three decades, Byrd led the Democratic caucus in numerous roles depending on whether his party held control of the Senate, including Senate Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, President pro tempore of the United States Senate and President pro tempore emeritus.[7] As President pro tempore—a position he held four times in his career—he was third in the line of presidential succession, after the Vice President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Let's see - a comment of Robert Byrd: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

Another of his comments -- "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."

Leopards do not change their spots. In addition, he & the other democrats were anti gun.

Then there is Lyndon Johnson who broke up the black families, leaving to the present mess with black kids being raised without a father around.

Then the democrats are pro abortion - support Planned Parenthood - why because it keeps the black population down.

And so on. Tines have changed only in them methods being used.
    Charlie

A Byrd in the state was much better than a Byrd comment..
    blacks, I vote for him ...putting all that southern bull shit aside... to live better now He brought pork belly living standards to bare when everyone else writes off Wva..He write in a chunk road, or benefits.

we are all sinners, that was his sin.
    his responsibilities in great beyond.... pay up!

he did good bad...as anyone else resided in that time period...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinspace View Post
    Back to topic anyway.

I heard it said this way one time by a person whom I dont recall but I always remembered what he said. He said " we all have a right to hate, but none of us have a right to hurt", as in hurt other people. Now if a person chooses to dislike another race for whatever reason, that is their right. But if that same person chooses to cross the line and openly and willfully hurt others due to their hate, be it through physical violence, verbal threats, speech, then it becomes another issue entirely.

We are all free to like and dislike whomever we want. That to me doesn't constitute a racist or that it's entirely wrong. None of us however have any right to use hate as a means to an end.

Back to topic anyway.

I heard it said this way one time by a person whom I dont recall but I always remembered what he said. He said " we all have a right to hate, but none of us have a right to hurt", as in hurt other people. Now if a person chooses to dislike another race for whatever reason, that is their right. But if that same person chooses to cross the line and openly and willfully hurt others due to their hate, be it through physical violence, verbal threats, speech, then it becomes another issue entirely.

We are all free to like and dislike whomever we want. That to me doesn't constitute a racist or that it's entirely wrong. None of us however have any right to use hate as a means to an end.
    Not sure on that post , first reaction was total agreement but then I thought about it, hating someone because of there race gender or sexual identity is wrong no doubt but is it wrong to hate someone for who they are or maybe how they may have treated you before wrong? Hate is a strong word that has many causes and reasons and I believe some are justified some are definitely not

I dislike anything that tries to link the RKBA to any ethnic identity. Though as someone of German ancestry and German surnamed I am miffed that Schuetzenfests disappeared over 100 years ago.
    Again, I will repeat what President Grant said in his Message to Congress urging passage of the Ku-Klux Acts:
    "They have conspired to deny Negro citizens the right to own and bear arms."

Guns tend to attract insecure manchildren who only want them for the purpose of assuaging said insecurities.
    How many guns did you say , YOU HAVE ???

I have many insecurities...that’s why I have many guns..

Quote Originally Posted by cpw View Post
    But Wallace played it for his benefit.
    Here's Wallace at his finest !!
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Back to topic anyway.

Not sure on that post , first reaction was total agreement but then I thought about it, hating someone because of there race gender or sexual identity is wrong no doubt but is it wrong to hate someone for who they are or maybe how they may have treated you before wrong? Hate is a strong word that has many causes and reasons and I believe some are justified some are definitely not

If a person's heart is filled with hatred, but they never show it, or talk about it or act on it, is that wrong? Is it racist? My answer is No. Again, as free people we have a right to think any way we want, and that includes disliking others for any reason you want to insert. When a person acts upon their hate of another, that is when it's wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast