MAK 90 from 1990's unfired

Thread: MAK 90 from 1990's unfired

Default MAK 90 from 1990's unfired

I have a chance to buy a still in the box unfired MAK 90 from the 1990's. The seller wants $900. What do you think ? Too much ?

No, that a good buy. If you want one buy it.

yep, good buy considering that foreign factory made AKs are running 1K+

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

There are several different types of MAK90s. It might be close to a reasonable price if it's one of the milled variety. If the straight cut stamped receiver in 7.62x39, I'd say $700 might be the top end for a NIB example.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjxlr8 View Post
    I'd say $700 might be the top end for a NIB example.
    please point out a NIB MAK being sold for 700 bucks

Be careful it is not a Century put together. The used MAK 90 parts and Egyptian receivers.

Any high capacity semi-auto has taken an upturn in value in the past few months. I think that the $1,000 mark is pretty close to current market trend.

In the past two years after the Hillary scare and before Covid panic, I have bought a couple of straight back Mak-90 guns for $700. And then sold them for profit.

Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit), Michigan

You only live once OP...if it's a genuine MAK 90 straight cut receiver NIB covered in cosmoline...I'd do it for 9 bills. You didn't specify, is it a Norinco or PolyTech? The price is a little high considering they originally cost less than 300$ in the early 90s...but that was then, this is now.

Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    You only live once OP...if it's a genuine MAK 90 straight cut receiver NIB covered in cosmoline...I'd do it for 9 bills. You didn't specify, is it a Norinco or PolyTech? The price is a little high considering they originally cost less than 300$ in the early 90s...but that was then, this is now.
    300??? I paid 190 for mine in 93 OTD, and that was at a gun show. it was 20 dollars more then what I bought my MAADI ARM

+1 an ARM was $179 all day long around 1994. Prices go up and so does values.... How much was my first Vette in 67? Around 4k, and what is it worth today??

Quote Originally Posted by ITWORKEDOUT View Post
    +1 an ARM was $179 all day long around 1994. Prices go up and so does values.... How much was my first Vette in 67? Around 4k, and what is it worth today??
    I still have my MAADI, took off the stupid thumbhole stock and dressed it up with Soviet laminated furniture, when I bought it .

I sold off the MAK, for more then I bought it for, mostly because it had the folding bayonet "ears" cut off and it looked hokey with the what was left on the barrel

my dad bought a 1969 BUICK WILDCAT, new. now, that thing was built like a T34 tank, powerful and reliable

shortly after I retired in 95, I came access a guy walking through a gun show wanting to sell his pre-89 ban POLYTECH LEGEND, in just about new condition , that came with a Chinese drum, 2 NORINCO bakelite mag sling and bayonet for 700 bucks. nearly broke my hand reaching for my wallet , he stated dealers were offering him 300-400 for a rifle that was worth at the time 1K

Last edited by SfcRet; 06-23-2020 at 01:59 PM.

It's a Norinco, stamped receiver. I was with my friend when he bought it at 8 mile show for $179. He never fired it. Im going to pick it up tonight. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe MaComb View Post
    It's a Norinco, stamped receiver. I was with my friend when he bought it at 8 mile show for $179. He never fired it. Im going to pick it up tonight. Thanks!

8 Mile show ?
    8 Mile rd ? Detroit ?

Quote Originally Posted by SfcRet View Post
    please point out a NIB MAK being sold for 700 bucks
    I bought a milled example, as new, never fired last year for $650 out the door. The same store had a Hungarian postban also new in box for $750. I passed on the Hungarian and it sat at the local gun store for months with no buyers. By the time you replace the furniture, etc. your looking at another $300+. For me, any more than $700 or $800 and it's too close to just buying a preban example....except for the milled variety. Legends are substantially more so I think the milled MAKs are still a good buy for considerably more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8450.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	3678557

The 8 Mile Show in Detroit. Bill Goodman. The rifle is beautiful. My friend threw in 2 Chinese 30 rd mags and one East German, a 5rd Chinese and 3 boxes of Norinco ammo. Im happy.

Goodman still does the gun shows here in Dayton, Ohio, though it's call C&E enterprises or something like that

At the light Guard Armory....I used to go to those shows all the time.
    I can't remember what killed them , maybe Gibraltar opening up ?

Gibralter Trade Center did kill it. I remember going to the Armory right after GTC opened and it was dead. If you are really a gun show groupie you would also remember the show at the West 8 Mile Armory. That was the S_ _ _ !!!! My boss picked up about 50 Springfield M 19-03's going to that show. He never paid more then $200 for them. Some were from 1918. All looked mint .One was never issued.

OP:

Excellent decision. Congratulations.

Just make sure that if you decide to add a wooden furniture, it should be from an AKM.
    The buttstock on my MAK 90 (square-cut receiver) is from an AK -74...and there is a tiny gap between the wood and the receiver.

creeks: You were discussing the MISR 90?
    * Make sure that people do not confuse the MISR with the MAK.....
    According to many builders and other seasoned AK people on "AKfiles", >>>> the "90" is the MISR which people should probably avoid. <<<<

A Century subcontractor checked for correct headspace on the MISR 90, but then sometimes Swapped barrels in these guns--but did Not Recheck headspace After the barrel swap!
    About four years ago on Ft. Campbell Blvd in Clarkesville TN, a gun shop owner located there told me that several Maadi rifles suffered "bad blowouts" (his words) and were returned to his store! They must have been MISR 90s.
    Last edited by Laufer; 06-29-2020 at 11:33 PM.

I sold a stamped Norinco MAK-90 a few months ago still in the sealed factory bag, and with its styrofoam box, for $1100. It went fast. Buyer immediately removed it from the bag, in my presence, to check that it had a squared off rear receiver. It did.
    "Would you die in your sleep like an ailing pet?" - Serenity

$800/900 If you buying to keep for a while..ado able price..
    if keeping it for a while..shooting..
    you’ll get your money back most any time, Protecting the finish..
    "Christís Grace + being constitutionally solvent !"

If anyone has one of the Century MISR-90 still New-In-Box - I would love pictures of the Original Contents of the box. It is for a follow-up article I have been working on for some time.
    "Would you die in your sleep like an ailing pet?" - Serenity