Full-Auto West Hurley Thompson selling question/ help

Thread: Full-Auto West Hurley Thompson selling question/ help

Default Full-Auto West Hurley Thompson selling question/ help

Hi,
    Many of you may know me as a dealer/sponsor of the Gunboards here. I have a very good friend who has a full auto West Hurley Thompson M1928. It runs like a top. Never had any issues. I believe many accessories too. He wants to sell it and asked me who to sell to. Can anybody give me the name of a good broker in NFA weapons that will treat him right and not lowball him? I'm not familiar with the NFA world, other than shooting them. Never bought or sold any. He is looking for $18k. Not sure if that includes any extras. If anyone here is looking, please feel free to call me at 802-316-1020, or email me at [email protected]
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Regards,
    Shawn Hoague
    Dogface supply, LLC

Here is a good sight to start. Has current prices and names of dealers.

http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/
    Bill

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again!

Why is it that 46% of the population which pay NO taxes, complain that those who do pay taxes, are not paying their fair share?

"Political Correctness" is an attempt to convince people it is possible to pick-up a turd by its "clean end."

If nothing else he could go the auction route and sell it through a place like Morphys or RIA you would transfer it to them and then it would go in their auction. Could get a lot if a few people really want it bad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

0 chance a dealer will pay you anything close to $18,000. Wh Thompson’s are selling at $15-18,000

Real ww2 Thompson’s are selling as low as $18,000. Thompson’s have dropped $5000 in value.

Why can’t he sell it himself, directly? Go somewhere like here, snugbus, Sturmgewehr, etc. and list it at his asking price. He can then transfer it directly to the in-state buyer, C&R buyer, or out of state FFL as the case may be.
    John 8:32

reive (riːv) vb (Military) (intr) dialect Scot and Northern English to go on a plundering raid
    [variant of reave]

ˈreiver n e.g., " Some view the Border Reivers as loveable rogues."

He can but I think $18,000 is going to be a long shot right now. Only takes 1 buyer though

Thank You all for the suggestions.

Posting it here or Sturmgewehr are likely his two best options. If he goes ahead and transfers it to a dealer first so that it is already on a Form 3, he'll get a lot more interest and possibly a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by an1913t View Post
    Posting it here or Sturmgewehr are likely his two best options. If he goes ahead and transfers it to a dealer first so that it is already on a Form 3, he'll get a lot more interest and possibly a higher price.
    Do not do this. This adds another transfer into the mix - 10 months and additional $200.

reive (riːv) vb (Military) (intr) dialect Scot and Northern English to go on a plundering raid
    [variant of reave]

Bill in VA is correct, don't do more transfers than absolutely necessary. I would put it on Sturmgewehr.com and sell it myself if I was him.

Quote Originally Posted by an1913t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KEJ View Post
    Bill in VA is correct, don't do more transfers than absolutely necessary. I would put it on Sturmgewehr.com and sell it myself if I was him.

negative, as mentioned, on the form 3 transfer

transfers to a dealer from an individual are generally taking 30-45 days, (papered to a dealer on a form 4, then it is in the dealers Efile as on a form 3)

a drop in the bucket as far as time is considered,

+ you don't have to worry about having that firearm at a dealer, who may or may not want it on his books
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Huggytree has a bender for WH guns. They are selling for much more than he thinks and he always puts them down. See last auction prices for evidence.

For a clean hands off deal auction is the way to go. Might get a quick sale/strong price on boards like these but all things firearms are pretty soft price wise right now.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will have it here in two weeks to photograph and test fire again (already have test fired it and it runs flawlessly). I will list it here and Sturmgewher. He will sell directly, I am only posting pics and vouching for his character. One of the most honest people I have ever met. A longtime customer. I have no dog in the fight. Just helping out a good friend and longtime loyal customer.

One more point about selling it directly; it can transfer directly to anyone with a C&R license. So an out of state transfer would not involve a dealer. And, yes, West Hurley Thompsons are ALL considered C&R! A significant savings in time and money to anyone with a C&R license.

Quote Originally Posted by 1gewehr View Post
    One more point about selling it directly; it can transfer directly to anyone with a C&R license. So an out of state transfer would not involve a dealer. And, yes, West Hurley Thompsons are ALL considered C&R! A significant savings in time and money to anyone with a C&R license.
    THIS. The seller of a WH Thompson can transfer directly to a C&R FFL holder, intrastate or interstate. One transfer.

[variant of reave]