Definitely Not A Mosin Thread...

Thread: Definitely Not A Mosin Thread...

Default Definitely Not A Mosin Thread...

Yes, definitely not a Mosin, but not knowing where to post it the seems like a good place.... this was described to me as a scarecrow gun, used by the French and German in world war II. It has a rotating drum magazine. Possible signaling gun of some sort? I will be able to get a better look at it tomorrow, but in the meantime,,,, what the heck is it ??? Any opinions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200625_123615788_1593198907276.jpg  

Moved seaside full time now, life IS good !!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200625_123650313_1593199129357.jpg  

If scarecrow gun is to be taken literally its set in a crop field and run by timer, fires a blank to scare off birds. Farms still use similar devices, i think they use propane now.
    Wanted Polish 91/98/25 Upper Handguard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30920428.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	619.7 KB 
ID:	3678571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30920433.jpg 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	3678573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16517826.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	3678575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16517285.jpg 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	3678577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16517242.jpg 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	3678579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16498157.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	3678581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	820708.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	3678583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	820706.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	3678587

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    If scarecrow gun is to be taken literally its set in a crop field and run by timer, fires a blank to scare off birds. Farms still use similar devices, i think they use propane now.
    Thanks for the answer. I have been following these revolvers for a long time trying to understand their purpose.
    If this is a weapon to scare away the raven and it shoots blank cartridges, then why does this revolver need a full barrel?
    I have come across many different versions that this is a robber trap. What is a revolver for signaling in case of alarm or danger.
    And even that such revolvers were used to quietly kill people. But I have no exact and unambiguous answer yet.
    And your version about scaring away the raven, I really liked it. She is very interesting and quite believable.
    Thank you very much.

I think it may be what is listed in this article---a 20 shot "trench" revolver. Meant to be mounted on a post (according to the article).
    https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/02/1...ver-10-barrel/
    Mosin Fanboy

There are no sighting devices on these revolvers. There are also no devices for holding revolvers in their hands.
    So the shooting was not aimed or the revolvers were mounted on a turret or mount. In general, there are still many questions for me ....

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitriy View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I have been following these revolvers for a long time trying to understand their purpose.
    If this is a weapon to scare away the raven and it shoots blank cartridges, then why does this revolver need a full barrel?
    I have come across many different versions that this is a robber trap. What is a revolver for signaling in case of alarm or danger.
    And even that such revolvers were used to quietly kill people. But I have no exact and unambiguous answer yet.
    And your version about scaring away the raven, I really liked it. She is very interesting and quite believable.
    Thank you very much.
    I do not have a quotable source for this, but this is my take:

The barrel is there to get the entire blackpowder charge in the blank cartridge to burn. The device would not make nearly as loud a noise without the barrel.

Without the barrel, the device would quickly end up coated in corrosive powder residues (and unburned powder) with each shot. It wouldn't last nearly as long without being cleaned off regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo6 View Post
    I do not have a quotable source for this, but this is my take:

The barrel is there to get the entire blackpowder charge in the blank cartridge to burn. The device would not make nearly as loud a noise without the barrel.

Without the barrel, the device would quickly end up coated in corrosive powder residues (and unburned powder) with each shot. It wouldn't last nearly as long without being cleaned off regularly.

Thanks again. A reasonably logical explanation. In addition, the photo clearly shows that the diameter of the bullets and the diameter of the barrel are significantly different.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	верыуе.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	3678699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	аерыуег.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	3678709
    I like your version, more and more.
    For me, people's opinions are just as important as information from books. Books are written by ordinary people too))
    And if the opinion is logical and believable, I will listen to anyone and am always ready to change my opinions.
    With respect)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitriy View Post
    As others have said we assume its for the full noise effect.

heres a modern scarecrow gun
    https://youtu.be/3_YPpcCQZGY

"Bird Banger" Ontario
    https://youtu.be/BQrv-Y6yDU0
    Wanted Polish 91/98/25 Upper Handguard.

Wow, awesome information so far. I have a chance to buy it. Any opinions on value ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rick N. View Post
    Wow, awesome information so far. I have a chance to buy it. Any opinions on value ??

Like you need to worry about the price Now get it and let's see you shooting it on the July 4th weekend coming up...

Yeah,,,,, well........ OK !!