1942 svt-40

Thread: 1942 svt-40

Default 1942 svt-40

Thanks to Horilka's article on Ratnik's relatively new website I determined the one SVT-40 in my collection is a rather scarce variant.

https://www.m9130.info/svt-40

It's a 1942 No. 314 with the scope mounting groove but without the sniper cutout in the top-rear of the receiver. I see one HA prefix serial number in the 1942 sniper rifle data shown on the page, so that seems consistent with this one having the scope grooves but never having been accepted as a sniper and notched to mount a scope.

It's otherwise appears to be a typical mix with a lot of earlier parts like the milled narrow triggerguard and stock with a lower sling swivel. Two Izhevsk parts that I noticed were the slider on the rear sight leaf and the safety. Otherwise they seem to be Tula marked. Anyhow, here are a few pictures.

Very good photos of a very nice rifle!
    Purists of the world, unite!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Richard in NY* View Post
    Very good photos of a very nice rifle!
    Thank-you Richard!