Gunboards Forums banner

If you must have only ONE Revolver...

12K views 101 replies 72 participants last post by  DK PHILLIPS In Memoriam 
#1 ·
Question to everybody , IF you must have only ONE Revolver what Revolver would you buy ?

#96 ·
Leed709 ---- I couldn't agree with you more. I have a stainless Ruger with the old style Bisley frame chambered in .45 Colt. That is a HOG of a revolver. It is very accurate out to 50 yds. (at least to minute of angle of 25 pound propane bottle). And if need be could be loaded to near .44 Mag. velocity using jacketed hollow point 225 grain bullets. I have a Model 1894 Marlin lever action carbine in .45 Colt, the two pieces making a near perfect pair of fire arms. Both piece could be loaded with shot shell ammo of my own making for taking small game at fairly close range. If / when the fecal matter hits the fan, these would be the two pieces I'd grab first for survival dependence.

#99 ·
This one is an easy call for me.

Hands down it would be my Freedom Arms .454 Casull with iron sights.

I used it one deer season in Texas to shoot Whitetails with a fixed 4X LER scope, but have done all of my other hunting with this revolver using just the standard adjustable iron sights.

It's an amazingly accurate handgun with tremendous power, which is great for big game hunting, once you come to understand firsthand just exactly what it can and can't do.

Since we're only talking one revolver in this thread, the .454 Casull would be it for me. However I would sorely miss my SP101 .357 Mag.

It shoots extremely well and with the hot hand-loads I carried in Zim, that 200 grain solid-jacketed silhouette bullet will penetrate like you wouldn't believe! And adequate penetration is what you need with a handgun, combined with a knowledge of which shots you should or shouldn't take.

I'll climb down off my soap-box now with apologies to the crowd. ..... ;>)

Warmest regards,

JPS

#100 ·
Hands down it would be my Freedom Arms .454 Casull with iron sights.
That is indeed the perfect carry gun. ;)

For me it's a Ruger SP101 with a 3" barrel, a balanced combination of power and concealability. It needs a good holster, Milt Sparks Versa Max in my case, that thing isn't light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.