1900 date Nagant on GunBroker

Thread: 1900 date Nagant on GunBroker

Default 1900 date Nagant on GunBroker

Did anybody here get this one? I was interested but had I had a few issues about it. I contacted the seller and requested a photo of the serial number on the side plate. After a few days with no reply I asked again, the reply was "I'm sorry. I can't take any more photos. Are you just trying to make sure it matches?"

So I told him that yes I want to make sure the side plate matches originally, he never responded.

Another thing that bothered me was the payment option, essentially cash only, no PayPal or credit cards.

Also, going by Joe's list of production numbers, this one is over the highest observed by 12,000.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871604869

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200628-222220~2.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	555.9 KB 
ID:	3680267
    Last edited by russojap; 06-29-2020 at 11:54 AM.

I think the revolver is partially refinished like a frame and a barrel. So I didn't pay much attention.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 06-28-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonaDeRio View Post
    I think the revolver is partially refinished like frame and barrel. So I didn't pay much attention.
    You may very well be right, Mona. I thought it looked a little strange, but I only can view it on my phone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

If yuriman passed this auction, it tells something

I have a 1900 single action in slightly worse condition and was surprised to see how high this went.

Quote Originally Posted by 81turbota View Post
    I have a 1900 single action in slightly worse condition and was surprised to see how high this went.
    I can't say that I was surprised, it went for about what I expected.However, I don't think I would have put that much into it. If I could have looked at it personally then I probably would have given around $700- $750

I don't understand what was such a big deal to give me more information about the side plate number.
    If it doesn't match, the winner of the auction got a terrible deal IMHO.

Without the pics of the inside of the side plate, I wouldnt have bid. Just doesn't seem to match finish wise.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."
    -David St.Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
    Without the pics of the inside of the side plate, I wouldnt have bid. Just doesn't seem to match finish wise.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Exactly, I didn't want to mention that specifically but it's really not even close to the finish on the frame. That, and the fact that they were so evasive regarding my request for confirmation of the number leads me to believe it doesn't match.